Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Building Demolition $th & Harrison

Bulldozers are tearing down the older crappy building at 4th and Harrison and just wanted to know if anyone knew what the plan is for the lot. If you are going toward the river on Harrison, it is the corner on the right and closer to Bi-centenial Park.. Harrison Lofts are on the next block up on the left across the street, so I don't think it has anything to do with that project. There is also a zoning appeal hearing sign changing the property from whatever it is now to multi-family residential.

I looked at the zoning appeals docket on the metro website and didn't see anything, but I may have missed it.

This is a good place for lots of residential. Close to town, park nearby, Germantown, etc.

Here's some shots of the property I took last fall I think. Yep, the buildings were crappy, but this graffitti was pretty cool.

Hope this works.

nashgrfftiharrison9bk.th.jpg

img02780kb.th.jpg

img02799kj.th.jpg

I thought there was going to be some condo construction in this area??? DAVE, where u at when I need you!!!!!???? LOL!!!

I'm here, Lex. Late, but not gone. :)

Harrison Lofts is still running its ads, but I haven't seen any dirt move. This area will have it's time, but we'll just have to wait and see when that is. There's an incredible amount of land to develop in that area. I'd really like to see that a comprehensive plan for the area is followed. It could be very cool.

I drove by this site over the weekend and it appears there's an Oct. 6 (I think Zoning Meeting) for rezoning the property to "Multi-Unit-Residential."

Bits and pieces, but I guess we'll find out eventually what plans have been made for this spot.

This is the area that I used to park in when I worked downtown. Yeah, it has a lot of potential for some nice density (try to picture Boston's brownstones in this area).

I drove by this lot this morning and seems to be fully bulldozed. However, it looks as if there is an encampment of people living on the lot complete with a van, tarps and laundry hanging out. Wish I had a camera.

Also there is a new sign up in front of the site for Harrison Lofts and the sales office seems to still be occupied. Dont count them out yet. The development of the town homes across the street could be the thing that spurs this area forward.