Building Demolition $th & Harrison

smeagolsfree

Bulldozers are tearing down the older crappy building at 4th and Harrison and just wanted to know if anyone knew what the plan is for the lot. If you are going toward the river on Harrison, it is the corner on the right and closer to Bi-centenial Park.. Harrison Lofts are on the next block up on the left across the street, so I don't think it has anything to do with that project. There is also a zoning appeal hearing sign changing the property from whatever it is now to multi-family residential.

I looked at the zoning appeals docket on the metro website and didn't see anything, but I may have missed it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here, Lex. Late, but not gone. :)

Harrison Lofts is still running its ads, but I haven't seen any dirt move. This area will have it's time, but we'll just have to wait and see when that is. There's an incredible amount of land to develop in that area. I'd really like to see that a comprehensive plan for the area is followed. It could be very cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I drove by this lot this morning and seems to be fully bulldozed. However, it looks as if there is an encampment of people living on the lot complete with a van, tarps and laundry hanging out. Wish I had a camera.

Also there is a new sign up in front of the site for Harrison Lofts and the sales office seems to still be occupied. Dont count them out yet. The development of the town homes across the street could be the thing that spurs this area forward.

Archived