Voodoo Music Festival in Memphis?

teshadoh

I had actually planned on attending the Voodoo Music Festival in New Orleans during Halloween weekend. Of course, that plan was cancelled, but the festival is trying to find a new location & the proceeds will go to aid for Katrina survivors.

That leads to an article I found that they have inquirred about using Tom Lee Park in Memphis:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:VIDKikA...lient=firefox-a

(google cached for your convinience)

Any Memphis peeps hear anything more concrete? Not only would I love to see the Flaming Lips, I would also love seeing them knowing the money will go to a good use.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had actually planned on attending the Voodoo Music Festival in New Orleans during Halloween weekend.  Of course, that plan was cancelled, but the festival is trying to find a new location & the proceeds will go to aid for Katrina survivors.

That leads to an article I found that they have inquirred about using Tom Lee Park in Memphis:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:VIDKikA...lient=firefox-a

(google cached for your convinience)

Any Memphis peeps hear anything more concrete?  Not only would I love to see the Flaming Lips, I would also love seeing them knowing the money will go to a good use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't heard anything beyond what you've already mentioned. I'll keep an eye out on it, as I'm sure many others will as well.

Sorry - found out that Austin will host it.  Too bad, it would have been cool to see it in Memphis & would have been a big party for downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not according to this:

The Voodoo Music Experience is Memphis bound

By David Williams

Contact

September 22, 2005

The national music festival, Voodoo Music Experience, displaced from New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina, will take place here Oct. 29-30, event officials announced this morning. It will raise funds for a New Orleans Restoration Fund.

Memphis had ben competing with Austin for the festival, which had a lineup included Nine Inch Nails, whose leader, Trent Reznor, is a former New Orleans resident.

In a recent statement posted on the festival Web site, Rezner said: "It

Archived