NFC South

NCB

Who do you think will be the 2005 NFC South Division Champion?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the 2005 NFC South Division Champion?

• Atlanta
    • Carolina
    • New Orleans
    • Tampa Bay

Well guys, its that time of year again..Football Season!

Being from New Orleans, I am a HUGE Saints fan, and was extremely happy after their win against Carolina this week. I think sports are something that can really bring Americans together. Sports helped bring the country together after 9/11, and they will do the same with Hurricane Katrina. And with the Saints and LSU winning this weekend, it gave New Orleanians and Louisianians something to be happy about.

The NFC South looks sharp this year, granted its only week 2, but with New Orleans and Tampa Bay being underdogs in their games and coming up with wins, Carolina making many great plays against the Saints, and Atlanta coming out with a great win against Philadelphia, I think the NFC South will be fun to watch this year.

So what do you guys think will happen with your team?

What are your teams' strengths and weaknesses etc...

BTW, I would like to thank the Carolina fans for being so hospitabal and kind to the New Orleans Saints and their fans on Sunday. I, along with everyone from New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, greatly appreciate it!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it will be another slow start here in Carolina, but the schedule will lighten up after this weeks game vs Patriots. Losing Jenkins for the 2nd straight season is a huge lose.

The Saints looked good for the most part, made big plays when they had to. The Falcons were strong on offense and defense. The Bucs game wasn't televised here so not sure about them, but looks like there running game is back.

Not sure who will win it yet, couple more weeks will show a better picture. If I had to say right now, the Falcons look impressive.

yea that first game... NO didn't win, the Panthers lost. or maybe Im just in denial. the announcers were so annoying I watched the entire game on mute. (McAllister is mighty good though). Mistakes, Mistakes, Mistakes. Clean up the game and they will be contenders.

BUT the NFC South is again the best division in football, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I like seeing a Gruden team do well. Atlanta will probably be a force, Vick can't seem to figure out how to throw though... Well best of luck to the teams.

yea that first game... NO didn't win, the Panthers lost. or maybe Im just in denial. the announcers were so annoying I watched the entire game on mute. (McAllister is mighty good though). Mistakes, Mistakes, Mistakes. Clean up the game and they will be contenders.

BUT the NFC South is again the best division in football, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I like seeing a Gruden team do well. Atlanta will probably be a force, Vick can't seem to figure out how to throw though... Well best of luck to the teams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are absolutely right. I don't see another division in the NFC that comes close. :thumbsup:

Saints! Especially since their base is now here in San Antonio cant help but go for them! Sadly mostly all the tickets for the games were snatched up today, 32,000 were set aside for season ticket holders they have up until 10 days before the game to let the Saints know if they are gonna use them. So for now ill just have to wait... Go Saints!!

no other division comes close? have you heard of the afc east? which has the 3 time super bowl champion new england patriots. a team in the New York Jets that many picked to come out the afc. a team in buffalo that will likely make a push for the playoffs and a team in the miami dolphins that looks to be better than last year.

if we're going off 1 week. The NFC East wont be a slouch either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree...the Panthers lost the game with costly mistakes. Hopefully, they will play with intensity and tenacity like they're capable of, especially going into the game with the Patriots. I would love some revenge from the Super Bowl! Anyway, I think Carolina will win the NFC South, but I don't think this division is the best in football.

Spades made a great point: the AFC East has been one of the best divisions for many years, if it is not THE best. Miami might surprise a few teams this year...even though they are my #1 team, I prefer to be cautiously optimistic.

I thought we were discussing the NFC south....

Week 2 Analysis: Yes it is only week 2 but some interesting things have happened thus far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tampa Bay is doing quite well, I am somewhat suprised.

Carolina did what it was supposed to do in that last game. They showed that the D can actually play to their hype and shut down an offense, even one as efficent as Brady's.

Atlanta, I wonder what will happen with them. Hopefully they will be strong. They might have won that last game had Vick not been tired out and half injured.

As for the Saints, well they showed how they will play the rest of the season. They only won that one game because of the mistakes of the Panthers and the emotion of being one week after the destruction of their hometown.

i guess it just goes to show you the number of people form charlotte on here, atlanta is the obvious choice. although i wish it were the panthers instead.

Well... they were voted most likely to win the super bowl by Sports Illustrated.... I'm not saying they will but I do think they are the strongest team in NFC South so far.

Archived