Cincinnati, Ohio

bobliocatt

Last month, I got a grand tour of the beautiful Queen City and some of its suburbs from Coldayman. From what I saw, Cincinnati is an extremely dense city that has a lot of potential to become something really great, with the right leadership in place. Although I didn't take too many pics, I'd thought I'd share them, since we don't see many pics of this city on Urban Planet.

downtowntowerfountainl4ei.jpg

suburb3l0mx.jpg

trainstation5et.jpg

wifesonl7vd.jpg

oldhousel5vb.jpg

townhouse9hu.jpg

suburb25uw.jpg

suburb13yv.jpg

skylinestreet4hx.jpg

skylineriver0ha.jpg

skyline26oz.jpg

rowhouse3zg.jpg

residentialhouse0oi.jpg

overtherhine0nc.jpg

oldtracks2pk.jpg

mountview9bo.jpg

farmersmarket9st.jpg

downtownstreet9me.jpg

downtownstreet22rx.jpg

downtownstreet14hz.jpg

downtownbuilding4uh.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The city wasn't as vibrant as NYC or Boston, but compared to a typical large Southern city, it had the vibrancy and density we can only dream off.

However, I try to avoid them, because I don't have a camera that can zoom in close up, from a block away and people tend to get pissed whem strangers walk up and attempt to take pics of them.

It used to be the biggest in Ohio until Cleveland surpassed it. Columbus is the biggest,but that's really an overgrown suburb,which might be the reason it's the only Ohio city over 100,000 that's still growing. However for big city,dense,urban feel,Cincinnati and Cleveland are top dogs in Ohio.

Cincinnati had an estimated 314,000 people 2004. Which means it has 3,975 people per sq. mile. It had a population peak of 503,998 and had 6,380 per sq. mile.

Cleveland had an estimated 453,000 in 2004,giving it 5,968 per sq. mile. It peaked at 914,808 and had 12,053 per sq mile.

Archived