Providence Aerials

MikeycPVD

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from those pictures, I'd like the Citizens plaza parking lots to be developed next

those lots, or at least the one next to the river... that would really fill that area in nicely once waterplace is up...

and i love the pic of the 195 construction. that really gives a good idea of how it's gonna look.

I'd be glad to fill in those orders. The last two times we've done downtown photo flights i've been flying and my friend has been shooting but I'll try and make it a point to get the camera next time. At the rate W2 is scheduled to be built that should be a very interesting take.

from those pictures, I'd like the Citizens plaza parking lots to be developed next

I third that... The lot is enormous!

Great, great shots!

Some observations:

- The 195 work looks great.

- G-Techs relationship with Waterplace looks very interesting from the air...

- That's one beautiful waterfront... Are we sure we want to keep that all industrial?

Question: Who owns the land in between the RI Credit Union building and the VMA/Masonic temple?

- Garris

Question: Who owns the land in between the RI Credit Union building and the VMA/Masonic temple?

- Garris

there needs to be a building there and not that little house... i can picture an apartment building and a coffee/pastry shop on the ground level for people getting out of the VMA... like an after show dessert location...

I always find it surprising how much space is empty, or taken up primarily by surface lots - whenever I see aerial shots of the city. Build a few more parking garages on the outskirts of the city, nothing fancy to keep the cost down, and then have a shuttle that runs from them into downtown. Or maybe all future large developments must have underground parking where the land is suitable.

There's also a huge amount of green space, especially in that first picture. Station park is HUGE, and I would really love to see this put to a nice use for the public....

Archived