NFL 2005

PghUSA

Jets were a shocker

49ers were a surprise

and my Steelers were AWESOME

Another thing about this season so far is the way Pittsburgh is dominating the league.

The NFL leading passer is Pittsburgher (Central Catholic HS grad) Marc Bulger

The NFL leading rusher is Pittsburgh Steeler Willie Parker

The NFL leading reciever is U.of Pittsburgh Panther alumnus Larry Fitzgerald

I also see Pittsburgh native Gus Frerotte is having a great time in Miami (are the Dolphins in love with Pittsburgh guys or what Marino was a Pitt and Central Catholic man and coach Wannstedt was from the 'burgh and Nick Saban an hour southwest of the 'burgh as well as perfect season player Mercury Morris, Shula was born and raised just a few hours west of the burgh).

Anyways wanted to hear others thoughts on 2005 NFL season. Man if they ran the NFL as a "local club" league the Steelers would have a triple crown in leading passer, rusher and receiver!

:thumbsup:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, given that only one game has been played and they played against the absolutely decimated Titans, it's not a suprise at all. Pitts a great team, Titans are not.

The suprise team this year will be the Jaguars. They were near the bottom of the league on offense last year (ranked 31st or something, same with scoring) but after the debut of "triple threat" Matt Jones, the trickery of using Marcus Stroud and John Henderson on offense as tight ends, they are Pro Bowl defensive tackles, and Carl Smiths' new offensive scheme, they absolutely will be a major player in the playoffs this year.

Miami also looks to have turned many things around after one game. Some other teams also took a complete U-Turn but in the wrong direction.

Satalac, no worries, my old GF was a huge Titans fans you guys will have great seasons to come and I am still sore over that AFC Divisional Playoff loss to you guys in January of 2003 (we were ROBBED! lol).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, i guess it was time to cut the steelers some slack. :P haha. ya'll need to keep willie parker. he tore us to shreds. the steelers are a very scary team this year.

It might be the year of the Dolts . . . oh I meant Colts ;)

Someone on an NFL board made mention that they got the easiest sch. among all 2004 playoff teams. They have a bye week half way through the season (most former playoff teams have it early and then week 8 through 16 is non-stop battles) the Colts bye also comes right before they have to play the Patriots, so they get 2 weeks to prep for the defending champs. They are also the only former playoff team to have a 4 home and 4 away split for their last 8 games (most have a 2 home 6 away or 3 home 5 away). They were also commenting on how the Colts are one of the few playoff teams not to go on the road for 2 consecutive weeks which can play a big factor in a team's fatigue or lack there of.

To me though the Colts are still gonna blow it, someone in the League office really must like them or something for that kind of sch.

I think the Carolina Panthers are going to do well this year...would have done well last year if it was'nt for so many injurys. Panthers are this years predicted super bowl winners by sports illustrated, so watch out, but I also think Pittsburgh has a very good team this year.

Benhamin wha happened man, your team won and you got ex'ed?

Don't worry Steelers COUNTRY has won every superbowl (all 39 now), just hoping the Steelers themselves can get the fabled "one for the thumb". lol

I just want to say this while I can: the Steelers better not fall further behind the Bengals in the AFC North. Cincy's schedule gets more difficult towards the end of the season, but remember how good the AFC is.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys think that the Lions will start doing better now that Jeff Garcia is their starting quarterback?

Garcia is much better and more competent than Harrington, and I think their offense will improve with Garcia. The Lions have got to be the most frustrating team to watch in the NFL. Almost every game they hang in there and play tough, then they just roll over and die in the last five minutes, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! Argh! :wacko:

• 2 months later...

No playoff passion here?

My Steelers are still in it, rematch with the Colts.

I was rooting for the Jags and I was sad to see the Bucs and Gmen lay down so bad, first hometeam shutout in the playoffs since 1979 when the Giants got slammed by Carolina . . . 1979 what else happened that year? hmmmmmm :D

Garcia is much better and more competent than Harrington, and I think their offense will improve with Garcia. The Lions have got to be the most frustrating team to watch in the NFL. Almost every game they hang in there and play tough, then they just roll over and die in the last five minutes, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! Argh! :wacko:

Forget I said that. Garcia sucks. What a terrible football team.

My complete stab-in-the-dark Super Bowl prediction: Bears vs Colts

Archived