NFL 2005

PghUSA

Well, I have to say that my Dolphins surprised me with their late season surge. Let's hope they can carry it over into next season. Two of my teams were taken out of the playoffs with Jax and Tampa, so my last hope for one of my teams is Carolina. I'm hoping for a possible rematch of Super Bowl 38...I would like the Panthers to get there and win it once and for all.

Plus, being a Fins fan, I don't like the Pats too much! :D

If Seattle makes it, I'll pull for them, but I won't be tremendously into the game like I would be if Carolina makes it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Zach,

You are braver then I am this post-season, to think about the fact that only 3 games were won by the home so far compared to 5 games won by the roadies!

I predict Seattle goes down and my Steelers beat Denver @ Denver. The roadie trend continues . . . both Carolina and Pittsburgh have upset all their opponents on the road, I don't see much to change that trend yet.

^^ SunD I loved seeing Paul Allen release all that "1984" pressure in the postgame . . . I was glad to see the 'skins go down (that's another story) but I just don't think Seattle has it yet, wasn't that Holmgren's first postseason win in the Emerald City . . . what no one is talking about is how Knox will still be the alltime leader of Seattle playoff history even if the 'hawks beat Carolina (Holmgren would ONLY tie "Pittsburgh" Knox in Seattle postseason wins if they bring home the Lombardi).

Too bad George "Pittsburgh" Karl isn't around anymore to help Seattle get over it's January blues with championship calibur roundball ;).

^^there are 3 Steelers message boards going absolutely bonkers over

1) the offsides on Steelers 4th and 1 that had half the Colts rip the line and . . . NO CALL!

2) the non-interception interception by Troy, what kind of voodoo rulebook were the refs reading . . . even the League office is putting real estate between themselves and that call saying it was a purely a personal judgement?!?!

3) the safety that never was, forward progress on a safety!?!?! I can understand "plane of the ball", "both feet" or "one foot" but "forward progress?!?!!?!

4) the mauling of I believe A.R.E. by the Colts 2ndary and no interference call!

There were other missed but obvious calls in the game as well, a Colt was pushing Porter around after a play and no whistle??

Porter earned a hefty fine from NY stating after the game that the Refs were out to win the game for Indy . . . he did have a legit point stating that before all the blown calls the Steelers were pummeling the Colts then all of a sudden its a game--with 4 major calls improbably going Indy's way.

I loved the way ESPN and FoxSports et. al. have given the zebras a black eye for all that, I am hearing about other blown calls in other games though I did not witness any of the others during the calls.

The offsides non-call is what really puzzles me to no end.

They won one postseason game . . . in 21 years no less . . . against a 6th seed back-door Redskins team that had to do advanced calc to see if they'd make the playoffs. I'd be worried if the people in the know thought they had it by now. We have to use the Indy-Cincy-Giants-Bears-Buccs examples here, a team has it when they win hard and win often . . . oh and don't chop sentences when you're going to use a quote, thanks in advance.

SunD, follow my advice, it really is meant to help you along with this . . . don't chop sentences in your quotes or thoughts. I did answer your question about 6 posts ago, my last one dealt directly with the other "complete" teams that somehow weren't what the experts thought.

The Bengals were the MOST COMPLETE team in the AFC North, Indy was the most complete team in the NFL, Chicago was the most complete defense in the NFL, the Patsies were the most complete team when it came to not making mistakes (like 2 clutch Brady INTs) . . . hmmm good thing they actually play the games, seems what is on paper is just that.

I watch most meaningful 'skins games.

Then you should know Seattle turned the ball over three times, played without their MVP, and still covered their 9.5 point spread.

Again, doesn't have it yet? They are the most complete team left in the playoffs. What is their weaknesses if they don't have it yet?

Wow, Carolina pulled it out again. SunD, since you're a Seattle fan, I see where you're coming from. Chicago scared me with its defense, but Seattle scares me with their offense. I believe they have a respectable defense as well. Thankfully, Carolina has a good offense and the third best defense in the NFL. It will make for a great game again, much like the Panthers vs Bears game.

However, I will make no predictions. Alot of Carolina's opponents have been dangerous, and Seattle is no exception.

SunD, you ask why they don't have it yet.

Do you watch them? Sure they are a good team, sure they won their division (the weakest division in the NFL, possibly the AFL for that matter).

They only got 2 quality wins all season (and one of those was in a meaningless game with the Colts), they didn't play anyone all season except for the doormats . . . what playoff bound team did they beat besides the Giants in a regular season meaningful game?

Weakest division, weakest sch. among the po teams, then they play the 6th seed, just-happy-to-be-in-the-second-round 'skins at home and take 3 quarters before putting them away. Not impressive. They basically beat only 2 good teams all year when it counted the most--3 if you count meaningless games.

Maybe I'm all wrong about the Shawks but I have yet to see any reason to change my mind. They don't have anything yet except a pair of close wins against some borderline teams from the NFC East . . . 2 out of 17 games, and a division title that they won practically in September.

SunD, you ask why they don't have it yet.

Do you watch them? Sure they are a good team, sure they won their division (the weakest division in the NFL, possibly the AFL for that matter).

They only got 2 quality wins all season (and one of those was in a meaningless game with the Colts), they didn't play anyone all season except for the doormats . . . what playoff bound team did they beat besides the Giants in a regular season meaningful game?

Weakest division, weakest sch. among the po teams, then they play the 6th seed, just-happy-to-be-in-the-second-round 'skins at home and take 3 quarters before putting them away. Not impressive. They basically beat only 2 good teams all year when it counted the most--3 if you count meaningless games.

Maybe I'm all wrong about the Shawks but I have yet to see any reason to change my mind. They don't have anything yet except a pair of close wins against some borderline teams from the NFC East . . . 2 out of 17 games, and a division title that they won practically in September.

I totally agree with the above analysis.

My prediction:

A Panthers - Steelers Superbowl.

PghUSA,

Again, what does schedule have to do with anything? How does Seattle's schedule effect them next week other than ensuring the game is played in Seattle?

What are Seattle's weaknesses? I hear so many people slam the Seahawks but not one of them really knows what they are talking about.

Sun, the season doesn't matter? Sure everything is 0-0 now but if you haven't played anyone higher then good HS teams all year long, that catches up to you, Seattle has never been challenged all year by a team that knows how to slowly kill you, they will be this Sunday.

They might win, they might win the SB, God knows Holmgren can prep a team for them, it would surprise me if they did though, I don't think they know yet how to win under pressure.

Archived