NFL 2005

PghUSA

^ you are clueless. Yes the regular season matters; the Seahawks got their business done and won home field for the playoffs. Again, what is Seattle's weaknesses? Can you even name anyone on the defense? Seattle isn't getting the respect they deserve because of regional bias and ignorance.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You quote an article printed on the 3rd of July?!? SunD, if you're microanaylzing football in June (when Clayton was for this piece of TP) you need a vacation or a job at ESPN . . . I love this quote:

"Head coach Bill Cowher and the Steelers have what looks to be a soft schedule." written in JUNE?!

I'm much too busy to talk anymore about the NFL playoffs . . . I need to crunch the #s on how the Pirates will win the World Series this October TODAY. And how the Mariners have the EASIEST sch. in baseball, yeah that's right they're just super super soft, any rational person would realize that right off the bat since no one picks up a baseball for another four months!

Clayton had an article quota to meet so he's rattles off this BS . . . in June!

You quote an article printed on the 3rd of July?!?

If you read the article, you would know it is from 2002. Read it, it was relevant then as it is now.

Clayton had an article quota to meet so he's rattles off this BS . . . in June!

READ THE ARTICLE INSTEAD OF MAKING SILLY EXCUSES WHY YOU CAN'T!

Geez, you are something else. You act like an expert when you are usually totally wrong.

SunD, 2002? The only reason you might think I act like an expert is because people like me don't quote articles from 2002 on the 2005-06 playoffs. Seriously, we can't get anything a tad more relevant (recent) to support your point of view?

Usually, Totally wrong. This is making me have too much fun Sun, aren't usually and totally mutually exclusive? I know they are in Pgh.

In the tradition of this thread's diction, the 'hawks are the worst best team I've ever seen, you are going to ask why, and then I am going to refer you to posts I've made already on sch. and division strength. And the article in ESPN only furthers my point that if you are not CHALLENGED all year you will most likely wilt in the playoffs as the Steelers of 2002 did.

SunD, 2002? The only reason you might think I act like an expert is because people like me don't quote articles from 2002 on the 2005-06 playoffs. Seriously, we can't get anything a tad more relevant (recent) to support your point of view?

Read the damn article why don't you? It's relevance to today is on your blather on the Seahawks schedule. This article shreds apart the myth about tough schedule leading to titles, it is the other way around!

You're saying they are winning a title? All I'm saying is they haven't been challenged yet, they don't have it yet. The biggest joke of the article is the fact that the theory was (not-"usually") totally wrong. The Steelers didn't win the SB that year, didn't even play in it (blather?). You have a good team in Seattle but you seem to be trying too hard to convince long-time fans of something only the game itself will.

All I'm saying is they haven't been challenged yet, they don't have it yet.

And you are talking out of your backside when you say that. Don't have it yet? If Seattle doesn't have it yet, neither do any other of the remaining playoff teams.

The biggest joke of the article is the fact that the theory was (not-"usually") totally wrong.

Wrong, try again.

The Steelers didn't win the SB that year, didn't even play in it (blather?).

Wow, you are really something else. The article was written prior to the 2002 season. What looks to be a tough or easy schedule changes throughout the year. For example Seattle in 2005 had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL before the season started, when everything was said and done, the Seahawks had one of the easiest. Do you comprehend? Clayton outlined the facts that an easy schedule wins Superbowls; he applied that to the upcoming season based on the prospective strength of schedule and made a prediction. Just ignore all the prognostication crap and stick with the facts presented.

You have a good team in Seattle but you seem to be trying too hard to convince long-time fans of something only the game itself will.

And how is that any different than what you are doing?

SunD, calm down dude . . . it's different from what I am doing because I haven't googled 2002 articles to tell the world why Seattle is the best ever, or gotten irate (called them clueless, and mentioned their backside) if someone stated they didn't think the Steelers could pull it off.

I've given you all the reasoning behind how I feel, Seattle doesn't have it because they have yet to play in any challenging game (re: earlier posts), Steelers, Panthers and Broncs HAVE . . . if you want to split hairs a million different ways so be it.

Matt Hasselback on PTI's "A good five minutes" yesterday quoted my post of last week (they don't have it yet, they haven't been challenged yet) almost verbatium, ok I'll agree with you both Hasselback and I are "talking out of our backsides". Sun it's great to be passionate about your team but you need to atleast acknowledge some cold facts about NFL 2005.

SunD, calm down dude . . . it's different from what I am doing because I haven't googled 2002 articles to tell the world why Seattle is the best ever,

I didn't google anything and this article was posted just to shoot down that petty schedule myth folks ignorant about Seattle and the NFL have been spouting off the last few weeks.

I've given you all the reasoning behind how I feel, Seattle doesn't have it because they have yet to play in any challenging game
That isn't true either. And even if they haven't, what difference does it make? Read that article again.

Sun it's great to be passionate about your team but you need to atleast acknowledge some cold facts about NFL 2005.

It is you, not I, ignoring the facts and the NFL in 2005.

How is it Matt Hasselback is saying Friday night on PTI what I said in this thread the last 7 days . . . they don't have it yet, they haven't been challenged? Cold hard right there.

How do they not have it yet? They won all of their games they had to with the exception of the missed FG at Was. early in the season and week #1 on the road. How does this team not have it yet? They have got more business done than your Steelers.

I think Hasselback mentioned something about division strength and sch. about the hawks not being challenged yet . . . funny I kind of mentioned that days before he did. Matt just cite your sources next time ;).

As far as my Steelers go with a win for them today they won as many games this season as the Seahawks but unlike Seattle, Pgh has beaten a half dozen playoff-bound teams WHEN IT COUNTED, most on the road. Outside of a NYG win during the season (the Colts win while impressive was in a game that had no implications at all for either team) and an at-home bout against a 6th seed, the Seahawks are really facing their first serious challenge--when it matters--of the year today.

I was hoping to have both of my NFL teams in the Super Bowl, but I'll have to settle for one. The only problem now is that I have to be nervous about whether Pittsburgh will pull it out or not. Believe me, I'm a Steelers fan and will be cheering them on as I do all year every year, but it would have been awesome to watch Carolina and Pittsburgh go at it and not care who won. Oh well, GO STEELERS!!! :D

Yeah Panthers pretty much imploded in Seattle . . . or is it that the Seahawks grew up and are that good? Either way this Superbowl is shaping up to be one great game, oldschool vs. newschool!

Oh by the way fellas . . . WELCOME to the Steeler nation! (at least for February 2006 I guess ;) )

Freakin Panthers.... Go Pittsburgh, thats all I have to say about it.

:angry: I know Spartan...it sucks, but considering what Carolina went through being a road team for so long, I think they just ran out of gas. I also agree with you about Pittsburgh. I'm pulling for them in this Super Bowl, as well. Bill Cowher is the type of coach I would have loved to play for.

Looks like Seattle is making some rookie mistakes this week,

Isn't a super bowl victory parade supposed to celebrate a . . . Super Bowl Victory?! Seems like Seattle thought winning 2 games in the playoffs in 20 years means they are already world champs?!:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06028/645862.stm

Bustling? or Bust?

I think some in Seattle don't even know what this football or Super Bowl thing is yet:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...825_kell03.html

contrast this with the thousands of Steeler fans that have been in motown now for days, and the countless NFL stadiums that fear being overrun by real football fans everytime Pittsburgh visits them. :thumbsup:

It suites me just fine, Cincy made a playoff victory video before getting crushed by the Steelers in the first round, the Stars had their parade route all set before getting crushed by the Penguins for the 1991 world championship. Funny I don't think anyone showed for that event. :P

Bustling? or Bust?

I think some in Seattle don't even know what this football or Super Bowl thing is yet:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...825_kell03.html

I guess you don't understand satire. Not a single one of those letters is real, it is another lame ass Steve Kelley attempt at humor.

It suites me just fine, Cincy made a playoff victory video before getting crushed by the Steelers in the first round,

Cincy's MVP candidate QB was knocked out early in that game. I think Cincinnati wins that game with Palmer.

Yeah I'm sure the Steelers will let them play for us against Seattle this Sunday . . . Cincy=all talk and no walk, didn't a Seahawk great take over for Carson? I would have thought he could pull it out against a lowly 6th seed with the homecrowd behind him.

I knew Seattle had lots of catching up to do with football but I'm glad to hear that Steve Kelley is more a humorist then a sports columnist, the Steelers boards (all 5 of them that I know of) are having a grand old time with that piece, some to be fair are wondering if this isn't just a spoof, seems very legit at first glance.

Oh are Steeler fans invited to the parade? Hope they are making contingencies for black and gold nation to party down.

I knew Seattle had lots of catching up to do with football but I'm glad to hear that Steve Kelley is more a humorist then a sports columnist, the Steelers boards (all 5 of them that I know of) are having a grand old time with that piece, some to be fair are wondering if this isn't just a spoof, seems very legit at first glance.

Are you kidding? It isn't just satire, it is bad satire. First of all, who would ever write such nonsense? And secondly, why would anyone send that nonsense to an unpopular hack sports columnist? And if Steelers fans are having a grand time with this piece, they just lost major respect in my book.

^^so you lost respect for Steeler fans because Seattle fans print this crap? Huh?

Never did answer my question as to who they put in for an injured Palmer . . . guess there is no excuse for that after all :P

^^so you lost respect for Steeler fans because Seattle fans print this crap? Huh?

Seattle fan? Steve Kelley is no Seattle fan.

Never did answer my question as to who they put in for an injured Palmer . . . guess there is no excuse for that after all :P

You mean the guy that used to hit on an old girlfriend of mine in college? He is an average NFL QB and still led Cincy to 17 points against the Steelers.

BTW, go to the Washington forum; article on Seattle and Pittsburgh. (edit: it has found its way to the Pitt forum too)

Archived