Star Shuttle

GHartford

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took it the other night. I was at dinner at the Marriot, took it to my friend's apartment on Trumbull and then we rode it to Room 960 where we got off for a few drinks.

I like it... a lot. Its convenient and efficient. There are two running, so a shuttle comes by every 10 minutes or so. I only wish they made them look more like trolleys because they look very similiar to city busses and may confuse some people. They also stop running at 11PM which I think is a little early. They should run until bar closing time.

I only wish they made them look more like trolleys because they look very similiar to city busses and may confuse some people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trust me, you don't want those cutesey olde timey trolleys. We have them in Providence. They are uncomforatble (wooden seats), they have next to zero suspension (which is wonderful on Providence's notoriously poorly maintained streets), they have zero traction in the snow and have to be replaced with vans (and I'm not talking about a blizzard, I'm talking about one solitary flake falling from the sky and they all immediately fall into a ditch), and the wheelchair lifts barely ever work properly making for a 10 minute ordeal to board or unboard a wheelchair passenger.

I saw one of these for the first time the other day, they look like little yellow city-busses.  Do they have flyers and stuff going around to market these things and let people know where they stop?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The shuttle is advertized on hartford.com and you can download a map of the route. Haven't been dowtown recently, though, so I don't know how well they are advertized around town....

Archived