NISSAN N.A. May Relocate HQ to Tennessee

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like we're getting new members everyday! I also want to extend a welcome to both of you. and look forward to more posts. I hope Nissan make their decision pretty soon (no later than December). IMO this is a truly big potential development for Middle Tennessee, and I've got my fingers crossed that they're moving here.

Cool Springs likely to be picked as location if Nissan moves.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...ESS01/511010352

YUCK! But I guess we should've exected it. Nobody has the balls to put an HQ out in downtown anymore. I guess beggers can't be choosers. :sick: Their HQ in Clifornia is suburban in nature, and I really should've expected that the God forsaken Suburban paradise known as Williamson County would be a perfect fit for them.

Can anybody tell i'm a little upset by this article???

YUCK! But I guess we should've exected it. Nobody has the balls to put an HQ out in downtown anymore. I guess beggers can't be choosers. :sick: Their HQ in Clifornia is suburban in nature, and I really should've expected that the God forsaken Suburban paradise known as Williamson County would be a perfect fit for them.

Can anybody tell i'm a little upset by this article???

It's probably always cheaper to build a low rise headquarters where significant land is available than a downtown highrise location. Remember, they're moving to save money, so we should expect that this is what they would do. But, DAMN, in the long run locating downtown might prove the better choice. I'm assuming they would have to pay for 40 acres of land on the Cool Springs area. Man, that would cost a ton! As the suburban area grows ever outward, the suburban lifestyle gets less and less attractive. Just ask anyone who has lived in the Atlanta suburbs for a good while what they think of suburban living now versus what it was earlier. Just think how much money those executives could save by living and working closer to downtown and not living in Brentwood. No need for a gardener, no lawn mower service, no need for a Hummer or some other giant SUV, and no need to try to keep up with all the other Brentwood snobs, etc.

Sorry, I guess I'm getting a little teed off too.

It's just plain BS. Cool Springs has this "group" of developers and realtors that all set around and draw business form the core to them out in the 'burbs. Say it is a great place and cheap. Then turn around two or three years later and raise rents and virtually make it equal too, or greater than, locating in the core of Nashville. Just plain pointless and you really don't save money in the long run.

At some point I would hope that Nashville tells Cool Springs to knock it off or something. Cool Springs should upgrade its standard develoment plan to support a mass transit system that is unified with Nashville. Then Nashville goes in and PRESSURES them to adopt that system or at least prepare accordingly for it. Get the state government involved!!! LOL!!!! Nashville is the DOMINANT city of the metro and it really should help dictate how development in the metro goes. Unfortunatly, that just isn't reality nor is it the case. Okay, I have awaken from my slumber up now. I HATE the realtors in Cool Springs. What a bunch of freakin liars and thiefs!!!!!

The article says that they havent ruled out nashville and that they are still looking. Maybe we can luck up, who knows? They said all the signs are pointing towards Cool Springs but we all know how quick all signs can change. So lets not lose hope yet. Wouldnt it be great if they came along and announced a 50 story office tower for the CBD. I know the chances are pretty bad but its always nice to dream......

The article says that they havent ruled out nashville and that they are still looking. Maybe we can luck up, who knows? They said all the signs are pointing towards Cool Springs but we all know how quick all signs can change. So lets not lose hope yet. Wouldnt it be great if they came along and announced a 50 story office tower for the CBD. I know the chances are pretty bad but its always nice to dream......

I guess it ain't over 'till it's over. We can still dream, can't we. Maybe, just maybe they'll come to their senses and stay the HELL out of Cool Springs.

Archived