SOCOM

I was doing my monthly search on Corbis.com and came across this beautiful 1984 Nathan Benn photo of Hartford. It's interesting to note how lonely Cityplace looks with the absence of the Goodwin Square tower.

Hartford 1984

But the question that I have is: where was this photo taken from? It was obviously taken from above street level, I'm guessing somewhere in Trinity College?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been to Hartford or anything but I was wondering if you guys could tell me what that building is/was used for that's in the front of that picture.  It looks really neat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be the Capitol..... the best looking Capitol in the country, if you ask me....

That would be the Capitol.....  the best looking Capitol in the country, if you ask me....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Capitol's in the rest of the country, that is outside of the northeast, are nowhere near as interesting and neat as the ones here. Nothing can beat the capitol buildings of Connecticutt, Mass., RI and especially New York.

I agree and these capital buildings are not just placed among other buildings so there beauty can be seen but the capital in CT sits on top of Bushnell Park and the capital in RI is surrounded by green grass and trees and is not in the middle of skyscrapers.

Archived