StarMetro

Florida

Easiest places to spot them are at the bus station, city center, and of course in traffic. You can't miss them. Oh, and they can also be found at the colleges/universities, that's a given.

You think! :shok:

I think I'm going to get over there to the Operations Center to see if I can get a glimpse of any new changes.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran across this picture I took of an FSU bus wearing the Garnet and Gold striping. I'm not at all crazy about the design, but I figured I'd show it for all who haven't had the "privledge" to see one yet. In the back ground you can see a normal TalTran bus. Hopefully we'll start seeing fewer TalTran and more StarMetro busses soon.

SonyShots033.jpg

Nice, when are they supposed to have painted all the busses? I thought Star Metro would have this done by now.... Geez

It takes a long time to have a bus painted! When I worked at the school bus yard for MDCPS back in high school, they were in the process of painting some buses. The estimated time was about a bus per week. If StarMetro has more or less 50 buses (quote me if I'm wrong), it would take a nice long time to get the buses painted! Of course, I don't think it's going to take one whole week!

They are supossed to be getting a machine that will allow them to paint buses and install ads on the buses a bit easier/quicker. I don't know when that machine will come in but there was the one bus already on the news wearing the new skins. I've been looking around... I'm starting to see more and more solid white buses, which is a good sign. They've also got to retrofit the interiors of the new buses to match the rest of the fleet.

Also - got this disappointing news from someone at FSU School (the k-12 one)...

For Your Information --

The STAR Metro (formally TalTran) hopes to have a bus route to the State Office Complex in SouthWood in 2007. The reason it is not planned for 2006 is because it was not included in the 2006 budget and this budget has already been approved. Therefore, the Transit Development Plan includes a route to the SouthWood State Office Complex in its 2007 budget.

I was ready to start taking this to work starting this month. I guess I will have to wait. The closest stop to Southwood now is at Winewood or Koger, which is too far.

We (my company) just designed 2 buses (full wraps) which will be wrapped in a week or two. They are going to hit the streets in February. I will post pics when I get them, if my client will let me. They want it to make a big splash.

thetoolman,

Is this two buses for StarMetro? or some other bus system?

I am not such a big fan of the new Star Metro bus designs. Luckily for me, we did not design those.

We have designed full-wrap marketing for our client, which we thought was going to be the first to do that. I have not seen any others, but did see that you heard of another one.

We are wrapping everything but the windshield, tailpipe, and wheels with a full color vinyl wrap printed and installed by Roadway Media on behalf of Star Metro.

Archived