StarMetro

Florida

Quite lovely I think. The simplicity of the StarMetro design is starting to make more sense now that you tell me of plans to wrap the entire bus in something. I'm used to seeing these little bumperstickers they're wearing these days on the side of the buses, but the concept of having the whole bus wrapped will not only look better for the bus itself, but will be more effective advertising, and another step closer to making Tallahassee's transit system appeal to a more urban audience. I really like it.

Will we enjoy the new design? Is the product something you'd buy?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am glade to see you supporting the taltran advertising.

Ya know I wasn't all hot on the idea at first. I probably didn't make a secret of it, but it has grown on me. I think the whole concept of advertising on the buses and at bus stops is a long overdue step that we should have been doing years ago. There are so many things we could use our buses to advertise for.

Ya know I wasn't all hot on the idea at first. I probably didn't make a secret of it, but it has grown on me. I think the whole concept of advertising on the buses and at bus stops is a long overdue step that we should have been doing years ago. There are so many things we could use our buses to advertise for.

I always thought the stickers on the side of the bus were tacky. But then maybe I as spoiled as palm tran had the baby bus and a few others.

http://members.aol.com/busguy2/ptwrap2.jpg (bad pic sorry)

Sorry - I have to make you wait on some answers/pics. I will post as soon as my client lets me.

Our message wil no doubt become old to you before it is removed, as it will be on the bus for 1 year. The cost to design, print and apply a full bus wrap is not cheap, so it was necessary to keep it going for a while.

I always thought the stickers on the side of the bus were tacky. But then maybe I as spoiled as palm tran had the baby bus and a few others.

http://members.aol.com/busguy2/ptwrap2.jpg (bad pic sorry)

I see that "baby bus"! :rofl: I, for a minute there, thought I was going to see a small bus! Anywho, I can't wait to see your company's new design for the bus, toolman!

Today was like the 1st time I ever saw the starmetro actually going on routes. I think

they need to add more color to the "metro". I remeber I was down the St. Pete area for christmas

and noticed that they had different color busses with their bus logo. I think it would be cool for us to

like have buses colored in black,blue, green, red, etc with the star metro logo. That would

really take away the plainess from the bus.

Today was like the 1st time I ever saw the starmetro actually going on routes. I think

they need to add more color to the "metro". I remeber I was down the St. Pete area for christmas

and noticed that they had different color busses with their bus logo. I think it would be cool for us to

like have buses colored in black,blue, green, red, etc with the star metro logo. That would

really take away the plainess from the bus.

I had my first sighting of a StarMetro bus yesterday also!! It was bus 0501 I saw it on Gaines Street. I had to do two takes. I liked seeing it in person, more so than I did on paper. Leaving it plain and white is kinda disappointing, but I assume they plan to make the ads the main attraction on the buses. So with that I guess I'm ok.

i saw the starmetro logo bs also today, turning onto lake bradford.... i must say fail.

the city is so cheap. make the busses colorful. throw some orange paint on the bus then make the design on top of that, its so boring and drab white with the logo.

why would you decorate your bus with such elabaorate design if you KNOW you're just going to turn around and cover it all up with advertisements. If we weren't going for the ads I'd be disappointed, but we're going to be covering these things up. And no one said this would be our final StarMetro design. Who knows... when they purchase the busprint, they may be able to change the look of the buses on a regular basis.

Concerning the bus ads? Will these new ads just be a banner along the sides of the bus or will they cover the entire bus in the ad top to bottom on both sides like I've seen in a few other cities? I must say w/out the ads, they are dull.

From what I'm told these are going to be fullbody ads!

I'll post it... but I can almost predict the response... and it probably won't be the warmest, based on the picture I have.

The star and stripe on the bus, in the pictures I was given seem to be improperly placed which makes the bus look less attractive... but think you have to keep in mind... the banner advertising which will infact be convering the entire bus.

:thumbsup: remember this one!

Coming soon to a Bus Stop Near You

96447874053_3300_1.jpg

96447906821_3300_1.jpg

96447934597_3300_1.jpg

These are some old pictures that I thought I'd posted here online, but in browsing thru the thread I realized I had not. So let's look at the future of the StarMetro bus sign/stops/information centers. This is a brief run down on how they work. When you walk up to the sign there is a button there for you to press... it sets of a light on the post that begins to "Twinkle" (twinkle, twinkle little Star...Metro!)... the twinkle of the light grabs the attention of the bus driver at night so you don't get left out in the dark.

Then there is the illumination of the actual information portion which will basically give you a rundown on the route. It may also provide information on other system routes. But the light here will also bring some light for added passenger safety in the dark.

All in all, I thought it was rather cool. The new signs had not been purchased back in November when I took these pictures, but they're on their way!

In other bus news!

NewPicture.jpg

I recieved a post this week that Florida Commerce Federal Credit Union (one of my banks) will be rebranding itself, new logo, new focus, new motto... and all that good jazz...

To kick off the new image, and draw some attention to the new campaign, Florida Commerce will be wrapping an entire bus in their new-look logo. Look for something to roll around soon!

When I read this I could only think about our member who works for the company whose been designing bus ads.

Archived