StarMetro

Florida

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to disappoint - the models are in fact stock photos. Our timeframe did not allow for a shoot for that work, but our future plans include a local shoot as the campaign develops. Also, these buses will be on the road for a year, and we were concerned about getting permission from any locals for that much exposure.

The stories are from real members, but we 'adapted' the names and photos for this use.

FCCU chartered the buses on the first day to use them to transport employees to an offsite event to launch the new brand. They are on normal routes from now on.

I am curious to see if we get any negative feedback from the community. I am keeping an eye out, not that we would change anything.

TJ is top of my list for the local shoot...

sorry to disappoint - the models are in fact stock photos. Our timeframe did not allow for a shoot for that work, but our future plans include a local shoot as the campaign develops. Also, these buses will be on the road for a year, and we were concerned about getting permission from any locals for that much exposure.

The stories are from real members, but we 'adapted' the names and photos for this use.

FCCU chartered the buses on the first day to use them to transport employees to an offsite event to launch the new brand. They are on normal routes from now on.

I am curious to see if we get any negative feedback from the community. I am keeping an eye out, not that we would change anything.

TJ is top of my list for the local shoot...

I'm very flattered... but we don't need to see TJ rolling around the community on the side of a bus. It might scare somebody!! :w00t:

^ TJ don't be so modest. It would make my day everyday to see you rolling down the streets of the city you are so passionate about. You'd be the perfect model/spokesperson.

Thanks for the explaining the models thetoolman. I figured that was probably the answer and understand why you guys did what you did. I just would have loved them even more if it were locals on there smiling at me.

Well thanks for th kind words Poonther! :) I really appreciate them. I will say, I truly appreciate the picture of the buses thetoolman posted and if he wouldn't mind, I would like for them to be Picture of the Day for February 22, 2006. Assuming I have his advance permission, I'm going to copy them to that Picture of the Day thread.

Thanks again!!

The new wrapped buses will be used out on the street shortly. Florida Commerce wanted to show them off first.

There are five new shorter buses being ordered. FSU has already designed a paint scheme for four of them. they are pretty cool and offer a new approach to meeting bus size with service dynamics (street widths).

Also, anyone interested in the SouthWood service should keep an eye out for an upcoming notice for Community Discussion Events to discuss multimodal issues for SouthWood residents and businesses. St Joe has even offered the ability to intergrate the bus stops into the downtown development. The DRI indicates five stops total, as well as the land they are giving StarMetro for a multimodal facility (bike, bus, walking, etc.).

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee NewStar!!! :yahoo:

We're happy you've joined us, and very excited about all of the new changes going on with Tallahassee's Tranist System!

Toolman, I've heard nothing negative about the new buses, only lot's of positive comments everywhere. In fact, today at lunch I overheard a group of people discussing the new buses & how they hoped all the buses would become full wraps of some type. This particular group, like a lot of us, thought the other buses with the small ads, or nothing at all, were really low budget & cheesy looking. I too vote for TJ to become a full bus wrap! :D

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee NewStar!!! :yahoo:

We're happy you've joined us, and very excited about all of the new changes going on with Tallahassee's Tranist System!

Thanks for the welcome. You'll have to give me a little direction of how to move the other forum.

We have gotten nothing but good comments about the wraps. FSU just got done redesigning their buses (not for release yet) and it is a full bus design. FAMU is talking about a design as well.

Next is designing some cool bus stop signs. We have 1,800 bus stops in the city. Some people have been calling them StarStops.... any comments on the name?

For the SciFi fans, we are looking to change the name of CK Steele Plaza to the StarGate (just kidding).

Gerald Ensley suggests a bus route to the airport in the paper this morning. After reading that I am surprised i did not notice before that there is not one already.

Though it sounds logical, I am not sure what percentage of the population would wait for an hourly shuttle route after taking a day of mass-transit (by air) to get home.

Ensley quotes Director Garrison as saying the service is not likely for 2006, but possible for 2007.

I'd be more inclined to take it if it ran every 30 minutes instead of every hour. But I'm not sure how feasible that would be. If you were waiting on your luggage to arrive and you see the bus pull away, knowing you must wait another 55 minutes or so is just too long after traveling all day. However if I knew at that point I'd only have to wait 25 minutes I'd do so. But then again I'm a transit geek. I ride it in most cities I visit. I even ride Tri-Rail in SFL.

Next is designing some cool bus stop signs. We have 1,800 bus stops in the city. Some people have been calling them StarStops.... any comments on the name?

For the SciFi fans, we are looking to change the name of CK Steele Plaza to the StarGate (just kidding).

I really LIKE the idea of renaming the bus stops StarStops. It's catchy! It would also be cool to see the signs for StarStops to be eye-popping instead of the old utilitarian signs we have now.

When I'm in South FL I always notice the Buzzstops...I think they call them in Broward. Their buses are brightly colored to look like a bee's nest and their signs take on the same look. I'm not thrilled w/the whole bee and hive look, but that doesn't matter. What matters is I notice them. So it works well.

In Palm Beach their buses and stops are brightly colored and are called PalmTran w/ those South FL art deco type colors that many of you guys detest. Their stops are in these bright colors too w/a Palm on them. So you guys know I cream everytime I see them. :P

In San Francisco where I've used the bus system extensively, their buses are a boring white w/a little strip and their bus stops are the same. Often times I've had trouble just locating the bus stop there.

So I'd be very much in favor of StarStops and using new and bright signs.

The StarGate comment is just too funny!

StarGate Terminal is actually a VERY good suggestion! I didn't watch StarTrek so I'm not sure if StarGate was a good thing in that movie or not, but I like the way it sounds...

... back to my vacation.

:rofl: Stargate is a movie and a tv series on SciF Channel. Has nothing to do with Star Trek. :rofl:

Well it would make an awesome name for our terminal.

I'm also curious, NewStar, did you say you worked at StarMetro?

Why, of course. My real identity will remain a secret.

But I will say that I am new.

I have enjoyed this thread. There are some great ideas. A lot of people who are making transit decisions are starting to pay attention to this kind of stuff. We cannot officially advertise that people should participate in this thread, but we unofficially mention it when we can.

Have any questions? Ask away.

Why, of course. My real identity will remain a secret.

But I will say that I am new.

I have enjoyed this thread. There are some great ideas. A lot of people who are making transit decisions are starting to pay attention to this kind of stuff. We cannot officially advertise that people should participate in this thread, but we unofficially mention it when we can.

Have any questions? Ask away.

NewStar, I'd like to also Welcome you to Urban Planet-Tallahassee....it's great to have you on here with us! I LOVE the 2 new full bus wraps & hope to see more buses converted to this look. Fill us in on any new developments & route info when you can. I'm especially interested in the new proposed route serving SouthWood.

NewStar, I'd like to also Welcome you to Urban Planet-Tallahassee....it's great to have you on here with us! I LOVE the 2 new full bus wraps & hope to see more buses converted to this look. Fill us in on any new developments & route info when you can. I'm especially interested in the new proposed route serving SouthWood.

StarMetro will hold a Community Listening Session in SouthWood, for the SouthWood service on April 17 and 20 at the SouthWood Community Center

We will have one of those space ship looking buses there.

I wanted to add to Glenn's comments that everyone I've spoken to about the fully wrapped buses love them! I think the bus system is one of the more obvious signs that Tallahassee is making steps in the right direction. I can't wait to see what other full body ads "roll out". This could really be big around here. It truly makes the community more exciting when we mix things up the way StarMetro has done, and do it so nicely.

I say this all the time... especially to the people on the 4th floor here at City Hall, "We sure hired the right man for the job". I love what Garrison has done for Tallahassee's tranist system.

StarMetro does not actually handle the advertising, other than to offer RoadWay Media the right to sell the space for a portion of the revenues. While we actually negotiated our contract with Roadway, the actual contract was handled by another company in Boston named OnCampus Advertising. I think this is the same company/people as Roadway, just a new name.

I kind of hope that the full wraps take off, but I also like the attention our client gets for being the only one right now.

I did hear that, regarding new Southwood routes, that there will be some community input meetings scheduled during the month of March regarding the locations of the stops in the community, and the route to 'StarGate'.

NewStar, I am sure you will update us on the schedule for these meetings have already updated us on the schedule above - I am posting, then reading, sorry.

Archived