Charlotte Star Sightings

cinco

2 movies are being filmed in the charlotte area right now. i was wondering if you guys have had any run-ins with any modern day thespians? i had a drink @ the DISH last thursday and saw john c. reilly, jane lynch (best in show, 40 yr old virgin), and my main man - sacha baron cohen (ali-g). a friend of mine who waited on them said they were really nice and they loved the area (plaza/midwood). evidently john c. reilly has been there a few times.

also, i heard that elvis costello and mos-def had dinner last week in the southpark area. they were only here for a day working on will ferrel's movie.

if you have any chalotte star sightings, past or present, do tell.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 movies are being filmed in the charlotte area right now.  i was wondering if you guys have had any run-ins with any modern day thespians? i had a drink @ the DISH last thursday and saw john c. reilly, jane lynch (best in show, 40 yr old virgin), and my main man - sacha baron cohen (ali-g). a friend of mine who waited on them said they were really nice and they loved the area (plaza/midwood). evidently john c. reilly has been there a few times.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will Ferrell's movie and what else?

I am upset that I missed those folks at Dish! They were so close to my house and I didn't even know.

2 movies are being filmed in the charlotte area right now.  i was wondering if you guys have had any run-ins with any modern day thespians? i had a drink @ the DISH last thursday and saw john c. reilly, jane lynch (best in show, 40 yr old virgin), and my main man - sacha baron cohen (ali-g). a friend of mine who waited on them said they were really nice and they loved the area (plaza/midwood). evidently john c. reilly has been there a few times.

also, i heard that elvis costello and mos-def had dinner last week in the southpark area. they were only here for a day working on will ferrel's movie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do athletes count? I saw Emeka Okafor dining last season at the Palm with a gorgeous blond woman.

By all accounts (I have friends who work at Dish, too Cinco...wonder if they're the same person?), the cast loves Plaza Midwood and has been hanging out there between Dish, the Penguin and Thomas St.

Would love it if Sacha pulled an Ali G stunt in town whle he's here.

My last "star" sighting was in Elizabeth at Carpe Diem. Joann Kerns (Growing Pains) was here filming a Lifetime movie and loves the restaurant so much she's been to all three incarnations of it...Tryon, Trade and now Elizabeth.

i guess it depends on what "famous" means, but last night i saw skateboarders lance mountain and christian hosoi. they were skating @ my friends house in waxhaw. if you grew up skating in the 80's then these cats would probably be considered famous. man, i felt like a kid again.

*they will be skating in a demo today @ grady cole, which btw is an overlooked venue in town that seems to pull in some really neat projects. i am not sure of the time.

Will Ferrell's movie and what else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the other movie is an independent movie called "the ultimate gift". all i know is it is considered a low budjet movie (10 milllion) and the set designer of the TV sensation "LOST" is working on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jane Lynch is residing at my urban dwelling complex while filming! :)

I will not divuldge where!

I saw her walking by and I just love her in Best in Show-- i have never ran into a famous face before, so I kind of reacted a bit over-excited! Hope I did not scare her off!

But she is lovely in person, smiley and was very nice!!!

A friend of mine saw Will Ferrell at the resteraunt Upstream--- he was in a blue track suit in a fine dining establishment----

2 movies are being filmed in the charlotte area right now. i was wondering if you guys have had any run-ins with any modern day thespians? i had a drink @ the DISH last thursday and saw john c. reilly, jane lynch (best in show, 40 yr old virgin), and my main man - sacha baron cohen (ali-g). a friend of mine who waited on them said they were really nice and they loved the area (plaza/midwood). evidently john c. reilly has been there a few times.

They're (the Will Farrell movie) filming this week at Park Road Shopping Center. They have taken the old Champs and turned it into "The Pit Stop". Park Road Baptist Church is leasing its grounds and parking lot to the production company for catering, wardrobe and make-up. To be honest, they're kind of a pain. I live in an apartment right across from the church and there are huge refrigerated trucks, tents, trailers and tons of extras parking EVERYWHERE. Not to mention that the refrigeration units run (loudly) all night long. The least they could do is offer those of us around there free meals ;) . You would not believe what they serve. On Saturday, they were grilling entire beef tenderloins by the boat load. Sheesh.

Slate has a week-long blog by the producer of the NASCAR movie.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2126915/entry/2126986/

It's not really worth reading, as it's mostly pointless and boring. All he has said about Charlotte is that his daughter loves it here and doesn't want to leave, and they love the traffic situation here compared to LA. Oh, and he complains about a radio station I'm not familiar with.

Archived