Charlotte Star Sightings

cinco

Indeed. I just realized this was the anchor for Fox News @ 10.

HGTV has actually done of # of shows on homes in the CLT area.

i think that HGTV is out of knoxville, tn. so, featuring charlotte would make sense... i mean who wants to drive to denver?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Jessica Simpson (Nick Lashea) must have been in the CLT area a couple of months ago. He missed his 1st class flight to LAX at 0750am and had to ride middle seat coach on to 0930am! :rofl: . He threw quite the tantrum as i understand. He told the agent he partied too hard and overslept!

• 3 weeks later...

the other movie is an independent movie called "the ultimate gift". all i know is it is considered a low budjet movie (10 milllion) and the set designer of the TV sensation "LOST" is working on it.

I actually worked on this movie, we used a co-op with the Film Foundry as our production office in Southend. I only met a couple of the actors/actresses, there were also 3 other movies filmed in Charlotte Metro area over the past summer that I know of. "Walker" filmed mostly in Rock Hill, "Great World of Sound" film in Charlotte with the production office in Plaza/Midwood, and another movie I forgot the title, but it was filmed in Concord. You'd be surprised on how many celebs/semi-celebs have in in the metro area this last year.

I remember reading a few months ago that one of my all-time favorites, Leann Tweeden, had moved to the Huntersville area to host a new TV show involving Nascar.

I don't know what I would do if I spotted her uptown.

Yeah, for Speed TV. On a similar note, Bob Varsha, Steve Matchett, and David Hobbs have been known to hit up the downtown steak houses during the F1 season.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to butt in, but this is kind of different thread. I like it.

I guess we could always get sick and hang out at Vandy's ER for this one. I'm personally holding out for Starbucks.

Dr.Travis Stork-Nashville's bachelor boy.

Bach1.jpg

Jamie Denton's got some hometown competition going on nowadays it seems.

Or hang at Doc Witherspoon's at Christmas and wait for Reese.

Reese Whitherspoon

WalkLinePost.jpg

No, I've never seen Reese, but did see Faith Hill at Walgreens recently. lol. Like I said, I'm enjoying your thread.

And Allison bought a condo there? That's cool. You get Allison, we get Kid Rock. Life's funny, isn't it.

I know Julius Peppers lives in a Church Street condo Uptown, I've seen him around the neighborhood. The ex-Panther Todd Sauerbrun still owns his place at the Arlington - and was often seen at Tavern on the Tracks, especially after his separation. Saw Emeka Okafor at the Palm with a gorgeous blonde not too long ago.

I know Julius Peppers lives in a Church Street condo Uptown, I've seen him around the neighborhood.

My wife would go into a swoon and not come out of it for a week. She has a major crush for Pep, which is probably because he is my polar opposite :). He attended Chapel Hill the same time we were there.

We have seen him a number of times in Chapel Hill, and only once in Charlotte, at South Park.

One time we saw him in Chapel Hill was right after the Super Bowl. I congratulated him for a great game, and my wife blushed. :blush:

I might be able to convince her to buy a place at The Avenue if she knew it overlooked Pep's house.

Also, I wonder if Sauerbrun still owns his place in Arlington because he can't unload it.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be able to convince her to buy a place at The Avenue if she knew it overlooked Pep's house.

Also, I wonder if Sauerbrun still owns his place in Arlington because he can't unload it.

Could be, unless he still has part ownership in Tavern on the Tracks and wants to keep his spot for whenever he comes into town.

• 1 month later...

I sat next to American Idol winner and Charlotte native Fantasia Barrino at the DMV on Idlewild this afternoon, while we both waited for our ticket numbers to be called. She was VERY friendly and nice, was saying hello to everyone and posing for camera phones pictures. Side note: she passed her drivers test and got her license.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to detail cars in Mooresville and Cornelius while in high school. While there, I met Ernie Irvin, Jeff Burton, Matt Kenseth, Kasey Kahne, Robert Parrish and Marty Schottenheimer.

You know rich folks won't was their own cars. Funny thing, all of them were normal, down-to-earth guys. Ernie Irvin was the only jerk. The other guys seemed like just regular Joes. And for those who are wondering, Matt Kenseth was the best tipper ($20 for a $15 wash). The other guys were $5 tippers.

Archived