Jacksonville To Get New Fortune 1000 Company

RiversideGator

Here is some good news: The Fidelity National Financial spin off, Fidelity Information Systems, will merge with St. Pete, FL based Certegy (a Fortune 1000) company. The new combined company will be based in Jacksonville (presumably downtown along Riverside Ave). Is another Fortune 500 company (created by this merger and subsequent growth) in Jacksonville far away?

See http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jackso...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the article, after the merger is complete, Fidelity Information Systems will bring in around $4 billion annually, in revenue. This would put this company on the same level as Adolph Coors Co, which was no. 430, with $ billion on last years list. If this true, then when the next list comes out, Jax will officially have 4 Fortune 500 companies (if Winn-Dixie is still around). Hopefully, this will lead to the complete build out at the Fidelity site, as well.

Excellent news.

I also expect the campus to fill in a little more now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Given the current state of the construction of the 8 story building that is going up now, how feasible would it be to add additional floors? I wish they would, with the "lodge" and the future parking garages going up, there really isn't that much room on the campus left.

^Yes and No

it depends on how you look at it. The larger companies are generally in the suburbs, however these jobs are generally call-center type jobs. Personally, I work for a smaller company, and I prefer it much more than the large companies.

With that said, BCBS, Fidelity, Bank of America, Bellsouth and Prudential are all large employers in Jacksonville, with significant downtown presence.

Although Fidelity's two new spin-off companies are both large enough to make the Fortune 500 list, they aren't allowed because Fidelity owns over 50% of each company.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._19856573.shtml

No more 500s

Although all three Fidelity companies will be large enough to make the Fortune 500 list on their own, Fidelity's restructuring into three public companies will not add more Jacksonville companies to the magazine's list. Since Fidelity National Financial will own more than 50 percent of both Fidelity National Title Group and Fidelity National Information Services, on Fidelity National Financial is eligible for the Fortune 500 list.

Archived