Orchard Park Development

OneSweetWorld

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

proposed sight: walker and 4 mile, but not a def. go. could be anywhere. check out todays press.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should change to the name of your post to Cabelas in Walker :P I didn't see GR mentioned in the article, and I wouldn't care to find out how many buildings would have to be leveled for a giant hunting supply store.

Dundee is almost Metro Toledo it is so far South.  The article says it draws 6 Million visitors a year, which is more than Mackinaw Island.  We stopped there once on the way to Cleveland, and I was just shocked that you have to check your gun at the door when you go in  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When we purchased a rifle for my father at Gander Mountain in Grandville, they were checking peoples guns at the door :P

That does sound strange, but if there are that many people with guns running around maybe it would be better if more places did the same.  I dont like hand guns.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess I should rephrase that. It wasn't weird that they were demanding people hand over their guns, it was weird that they HAD to. Of course, they sell and repair guns, so it is understandable. I just won't be running out with there with the kids anytime soon :P

Holy c**p! While doing a search for Calvin images, I ran into this, Bumpernuts:

http://www.bumpernuts.com/

Has anyone actually seen these? I fear for our future :P

I guess I should rephrase that.  It wasn't weird that they were demanding people hand over their guns, it was weird that they HAD to.  Of course, they sell and repair guns, so it is understandable.  I just won't be running out with there with the kids anytime soon :P

Holy c**p!  While doing a search for Calvin images, I ran into this, Bumpernuts:

http://www.bumpernuts.com/

Has anyone actually seen these?  I fear for our future  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's disgusting. Unless you have a toothless lady, I would say "Buyer Beware!"

GG

I love this quote from that website:

"on this bad boy and tell me that is not beautiful! This is the most ultimate truck accessory around. I snuck these blue balls on my buddies truck and you should have seen his face. It was priceless. Blue balls are for married men. His wife was laughing out loud. Makes a great gag gift!! (sense of humor required.)"

You gotta love a woman like that :wub:

That's like those bumper stickers I see that say "Ditch the b**ch, let's go fishing!", and the wife is sitting in the passenger seat right by the sticker :blink:

Edit: I need to find a job outside of Northern Kent County :P

trying to steer away from truck nuts for a second :P

I think this is the "Woodlands" that was mentioned in the article:

http://www.marketstreet-thewoodlands.com/

It actually looks sort of interesting, and if Cabellas is part of such a development, I cant imagine what will hapen to little 4 mile, let alone the added traffic that will come down Alpine (eek) I cant imagine this wouldnt comepletely sprawl down 4 mile and on through to Marne though.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that the Biz Journal was talking about the possible Cabela's in Walker. Just to add fuel to the fire, My Brother-In-Law works locally as a regional bigwig with a national retailer :whistling: , but he just told me last night, when we had them over for dinner, that Cabela's is serious about that 4 Mile/Walker location, so much so that they (and recruiters) are sniffing around for management people already. Of course, like all rumors....

that's pretty cool, I thought Cabella's though was quite a novelty, and one of the things that make it a novelty, is the fact that there are so few. If they build one in Walker don't you think that it could possibly be a fraction of what they are in Dundee. I guess I don't really know that much about them but I thought there were only a handful in oddball locations really somewhat isolated from Metro areas.

Archived