Murfreesboro - Stone Gate Corporate Center

Relient J

At the MTSU v. UNT football game last Saturday, the free program handed out had an advertisement on the back for the new Stone Gate Corporate Center, including a rendering. Online I found a .pdf file at the Rutherford Chamber Web site which gives further information about the new center. It includes a couple of renderings (including the one from the football program), maps, etc. If you're interested, you can view the file here:

http://www.rutherfordchamber.org/images/ne...te-brochure.pdf

For those of you who live in Murfreesboro or been through our city recently, you may have seen these new buildings going up already. Murfreesboro is going through a lot of exciting changes right now, and Stone Gate Corporate Center is a part of the wonderful Murfreesboro Gateway Project.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The growth of Mufreesboro has been phenomenal. When I moved here roughly 15 years ago it was void of anything. Living only 20 minutes south, I go to Murfreesboro nearly every week and every time I go there it seems like they are building something else.

p.s. do you know when they are going to break ground on that new open air shopping center in the gateway?

I drove down the parkway the other day for the first time. Amazing stuff.

I graduated from MTSU in 78 and besides the Parthenon, the Huddle House and maybe, just maybe a Shoney's .... there was nothing. It's a true growth success story. I certainly hope they're doing it right. Downtown, as always, is beginning to give Franklin a run for it's money. Looks great.

According to this article (down near the bottom) it may be next Spring before ground breaks on the open-air shopping center:

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...EWS01/505240313

Here's another article that highlights some of the features of the Gateway Project:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=43495

• 3 weeks later...

It looks and sounds like a great project. Mufreesboro along with Clarksville and Jackson are the three up coming places in the state outside the "Big 4". These towns and their surrounding areas are where alot of the state's new economic growth is going to come from, since lots of new industries and companies find these sort of smaller mid-size cities attractive to locate their operations in. I think having MTSU and being located so close to Nashville is a big plus for Mufreesboro though, and it will have an edge in alot areas related to growth because of that

that whole gateway program is really taking shape. my dad was showing me all the stuff and where the new hospital is going to go. once all of that gets built, it's going to be nice.

I like the development, but lets face it guys. It is sprawl. One thing that this city is NOT in need of right now. But who am I to tell a strictly suburban city like Murfreesboro what to do. :blush:

Traffic is a problem in the city cause the officals really have no clue how to fix it. They just keep building roads and have no plan, NOT ONE, about mass transit in the city. I shake my head in amazment at this city and the others in the county sometimes. The tax base is great, but the ideas could be better IMOP.

I like the development, but lets face it guys. It is sprawl. One thing that this city is NOT in need of right now. But who am I to tell a strictly suburban city like Murfreesboro what to do. :blush:

Traffic is a problem in the city cause the officals really have no clue how to fix it. They just keep building roads and have no plan, NOT ONE, about mass transit in the city. I shake my head in amazment at this city and the others in the county sometimes. The tax base is great, but the ideas could be better IMOP.

No question the rapid growth of Murfreesboro is adding significantly to the area's sprawl, but I haven't got an answer either. As you said, Murfreesboro is almost totally a suburban community. I would definitely like the city to try to develop it's urban aspects as much as possible, as it grows. It needs to thinks of itself as an urban center like Nashville does and try to develop accordingly. Having said that, I betcha that Medical Center Parkway is totally built up in only about five years. The growth out there is spectacular.

No question the rapid growth of Murfreesboro is adding significantly to the area's sprawl, but I haven't got an answer either. As you said, Murfreesboro is almost totally a suburban community. I would definitely like the city to try to develop it's urban aspects as much as possible, as it grows. It needs to thinks of itself as an urban center like Nashville does and try to develop accordingly. Having said that, I betcha that Medical Center Parkway is totally built up in only about five years. The growth out there is spectacular.

I bet it is too. I live on Gresham Lane, so any development is right across the Interstate from me. What I have a problem with is the fact that there is no coordinated growth plans for the cities of LaVergne, Nashville, Smyrna, and Murfreesboro. A joint plan between these cities would be a huge plus for all involved. But getting all of them to set at the table together would be askign a bit much I guess. LOL!!

• 10 months later...

Has anyone heard any recent news on the Stone Gate Corporate Center? Every time I drive by there at night I can see that the inside is still unfinished, and during the day there are few cars in the parking lot. Have they had difficulty finding tenants, or are they just developing it slowly? The Gateway Medical Plaza across the street by comparison typically has a full parking lot, and seems to have several tenants. The Gateway Medical Plaza will also soon be joined by a second building that is its mirror image. They've already begun clearing the ground for it.

Edited by Relient J