Seattle & Portland Subforums

monsoon

Should UP create a Seattle & Portland Subform here?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should UP create a Seattle & Portland Subform here?

• No
    • Yes
    • Portland only
    • Seattle only

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's necessary, besides Seattle and Portland not too many other places are talked about on here.

Agreed. Boise and Eugene are really the only other "urban" areas in the Pacific Northwest and neither get mentioned very often. It seems that it would provide more hassle for the end user as they would have to sift through more forums to find topics of interest.

• 2 weeks later...

There isnt enough demand for one now, but there may be in the future.

Is there any way for UrbanPlanet to see how many new members they are recieving from a certain area, other than the "location" feature on a user's profile?

• 3 months later...

There isnt enough demand for one now, but there may be in the future.

Is there any way for UrbanPlanet to see how many new members they are recieving from a certain area, other than the "location" feature on a user's profile?

Yes there is. There is an example posted in the Charlotte section. You have to search for it.

• 3 months later...

I wonder if we have any forumers from Oregon currently posting in here altogether. I've been going thru the Oregon forum. All posts seem to be hailing from long time forumers stationed in the east. Portland Forumers, if you're out there make yourselves known.

• 1 month later...

I can't reall say whether there is enough 'traffic' to warrant a subforum for either. But I'm hoping there will be in the near future. I still hope that there will be some more activity in some of our western states here on UP. I don't live there but I do visit on a regular basis and wouldn't mind being able to hear a little more about what's going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I say let's focus on making the state forums grow and when they get to a specific number of posts, split them off with subforums. Other states with city subforums have close to atleast 10k posts. The meager 250 in Oregon is not enough at this point.

PDX I need your help in there. I'll try and generate traffic, but since i'm about 2k miles from Oregon I have little knowlege of what happens there. Alot of the time I'll check the paper online. We need to post articles on more development news, and just Portland related news in general couple that with opinions we'd do pretty good. If we could get someone to start taking pics we might be able to generate alot more interest.

Archived