Ocean Club at Biloxi

tombarnes

The Ocean Club in Biloxi is going forward, hurricane or no....

http://www.oceanclubatbiloxi.com/

It's being built on the site of the Broadwater Tower (built as the Biloxi Hilton in 1975). The plans call for three towers, various lagoon-like swimming pools and so forth. The Hilton/Broadwater Tower was so badly damaged in Katrina that it will be demolished as soon as possible. It was scheduled to be torn down anyway.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a very good point. Katrina helped the demolition of the Braodwater Tower along, I'm sure. At this point, I am confident that all of the various projects will be reevaluated in terms of hurricane safety. In a conversation with Mike Boudreaux of G.C. I.D. recently, I was assured that many new projects will be going forward. This is a partnership with Gulf Coast Investment Developers and Drake Leddy. Now that so much of the coast has been decimated by Katrina, I think there will be less opposition to high-rise development on the coast. The only barrier will likely be Keesler Air Force Base and its sacrosanct flight paths. The next couple of years should bring lots of high-rise projects on the coast.

There is talk of merging Bay St. Louis and Waveland as well.....

Archived