Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

18 posts in this topic

Anyone notice that we hit 5000 registered members in the last 24 hours?

A year ago this time we had 600 members and the most users online at a time was 26.

Two years ago this time we had about 32 members.

Congrats Metro and UP. 5k is quite the milestone I certainly didn't hit it in one year.

12k this time next year. <- my prediction

Congrats! Who is the 5000th member?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes....who is the lucky #5000?

Yes....who is the lucky #5000?

That's hard to decipher because #5000 isn't exactly member #5000. Reason being is that folks sign up for an account and then never validate their account, yet that acount still gets assigned the next number in line. In reality our number is closer to 7000 but because of accounts not being validated they don't match the true member count.

I'm not as familiar with IPB's ACP (if it's anything like phpBB, I feel for you guys...I hate that thing), but can you search members by member group by register date leaving out unconfirmed members?

That's hard to decipher because #5000 isn't exactly member #5000.  Reason being is that folks sign up for an account and then never validate their account, yet that acount still gets assigned the next number in line.  In reality our number is closer to 7000 but because of accounts not being validated they don't match the true member count.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I guess we'll see #5000 around the forums.

I forgot to put earlier...

Congrats UrbanPlanet!

The site moving forward very quickly, and I am very happy to be a part of it!

Awesome. Do I sense a need to expand? When I look at the fancy main page I wonder why UrbanPlanet has no formal, edited publication of its own. And my dream: a Political Action Committee.

Where in the world are all these people from? They sure aint from the NNE section. we're dieing over there.

The Florida forums are pretty strong. We have a steady group, which is great. I hope you get more NNE members! Recruiting, anyone?

The South seems to be quite dominant and that's probably due to its incredible growth and development. When there is so much to talk about, much discussion will be had.

Urban planet has become international. And what is amazing is that as any "urban environment", it includes political, religious, scientific and various topics' discussion areas. I am sure that UP has more quality posts regarding all kind of topics than most other forums, that might even be especialized in politics, arts, religion, sciences, etc.

I love architecture and planning, but as somebody who is not familiar with certain "local" urbanistic interests, I find The Coffe House perfect for me. You could say UP resembles a city, as a center of flowing ideas about eveything and anything.

:ph34r:

Urban planet has become international. And what is amazing is that as any "urban environment", it includes political, religious, scientific and various topics' discussion areas. I am sure that UP has more quality posts regarding all kind of topics than most other forums, that might even be especialized in politics, arts, religion, sciences, etc.

I love architecture and planning, but as somebody who is not familiar with certain "local" urbanistic interests, I find The Coffe House perfect for me. You could say UP resembles a city, as a center of flowing ideas about eveything and anything.

:ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sounds as if UrbanPlanet is like a Liberal Arts Education, lol. So many topics, ideas, floating around these boards.... :D

It sounds as if UrbanPlanet is like a Liberal Arts Education, lol. So many topics, ideas, floating around these boards.... :D

Indeed. It's amazing that I just checked and notice that we have added 250 more users in just the last week since I posted that.