Augusta Mall

DigitalSky

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know about the construction thats about to happen at wrightsboro rd near the mall. There are cones on the side of the road as we speak. I wonder are they going to widen the entire wrightsboro rd by augusta mall. Or are they just adding extra lanes, exits or entrances for the side of the road the mall is on. I would hope they will widen the entire road from 5 lanes to 7 or 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It is great that Augusta Mall can be added to the list of upscale malls.

I think by far Lenox Square in Atlanta would be first, followed by the Bal Harbor Shops in Miami, then Phipps Plaza in Atlanta, SouthPark in Charlotte and finally Augusta Mall.

Not to bad to hold this position with much larger major Southeastern cities.

There's no way Augusta Mall is nicer than Streets at Southpoint in Durham, or if so maybe i have to visit Augusta Mlal then! lol.....by the way you are forgetting Houston Galleria and Galleria Dallas, not to mention Aventura Mall, and International Plaza in Tampa, Millenia Mall in Orlando etc.....

I was mainly talking about how the mall looks..not how upscale it is. The Lennox Mall has many more upscale stores than the Augusta Mall. But looks wise it's not really eyebrow-raising. Since the Permieter Mall updated, I always enjoyed the way it looked more than the Lennox Mall but I enjoyed shopping at the Lenox Mall much more.

I haven't been to every mall in the southeast but out of the ones I have seen, no mall has integrated an outdoor lifestyle upscale component to an indoor mall like the Augusta Mall has and that's why it stands out for me. Not to mention the indoor was completely renovated so now it looks very updated. The marble floor alone has done wonders for the indoor.

kennethdisraili, there are a number of malls just in the Atlanta area that have more a more upscale shopping selection than Augusta Mall. Even the Haywood Mall in Greenville has about the same stores as Augusta Mall including some that the AM doesnt have, (Guess, Coach, etc.).

kennethdisraili, there are a number of malls just in the Atlanta area that have more a more upscale shopping selection than Augusta Mall. Even the Haywood Mall in Greenville has about the same stores as Augusta Mall including some that the AM doesnt have, (Guess, Coach, etc.).

Augusta Mall does have a Coach. It opened in July. But you're right, there's still a lot of upscale stores missing which is why I don't think the Village at Riverwatch should be having a problem finding tenants....I"m inclined to believe the reason they gave earlier as to why the project was delayed.

The only malls that I can think of in the Atlanta area that may be more upscale than the Augusta Mall are the Lenox, Phipps Plaza and the Perimeter Mall. The Perimter Mall has a Nordstorms and a Bloomingdales so there anchors are more upscale but their smaller stores are about the same as the Augusta Mall with a few differences. The Mall of Georgia has more upscale stores but it also has more regular stores too so that kind of balances it out.

There is another Mall in Atlanta that could be more upscale but I don't know the name.

Haywood Mall and the Augusta Mall are very similar but both are missing some that the other doesn't have.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's amazing that Augusta Mall is getting an Apple store. One just opened up here in Charleston, and the fanfare created by it was somewhat amazing. I didn't realize the prestige associated with that store.

One note about many of the stores here in Charleston is that they tend to be very small. For instance, the Lacoste store on King is just one room in a building. I think a lot of stores put outlets here due to the tourism (though we also have a Coach outlet store).

That's amazing that Augusta Mall is getting an Apple store. One just opened up here in Charleston, and the fanfare created by it was somewhat amazing. I didn't realize the prestige associated with that store.

One note about many of the stores here in Charleston is that they tend to be very small. For instance, the Lacoste store on King is just one room in a building. I think a lot of stores put outlets here due to the tourism (though we also have a Coach outlet store).

How did I miss that? I went to King Street in early August. Apple opened in late July and I went right by it and did not notice it. Yeah, everything on King is undersized except Abercrombie & Fitch, Victoria's Secret & Banana Republic. Although the Abercrombie & Fitch is a little small at 7000 square feet with both Haywood & Columbiana locations over 9000 square feet.

Is Augusta Mall just getting Banana Republic? Asheville is not as big as Augusta but we have had ours since 2000. Last year, Asheville got Chico's,Williams-Sonoma,Coldwater Creek,Talbots & J.Crew. Does Augusta have any of these yet?

• 1 month later...

Where would the Apple Store open? Probably in the Promenade. I hate that GGP took off their lease plans off their website. I have never been to Augusta, but I like Haywood Mall better. All of the upscale stores at Augusta are outside, except Coach & Abercrombie & Fitch. I prefer them inside.

Augusta has 2 Talbots, 1 in Surrey Center and 1 at the Augusta Mall. Augusta has had a Chicos on and off at different locations for 15 years. There was one at the mall on the riverfront...whatever that used to be called many years ago, then at Surrey Center and finally Augusta Mall most recently. I prefered Haywood over Augusta Mall until the renovation/expansion....now Augusta Mall looks alot better.

I think I am most happy that the Augusta Mall finally got a Hollister & Co., which I must say I did email the Director of Store Locations at Hollister and told her about the expansion and the update of the Augusta Mall and said that other than in Atlanta, Columbia or Hilton Head, there isn't one locally and I know of a lot of people who wear Hollister stuff, to which she replied back and sounded enthusiastic and said that they are always looking for new locations to expand to and that she would bring it up with corporate. Not saying this had ANYTHING to do with Hollister moving here to the Augusta Mall, but maybe it probably helped it get here sooner. So I am definitely impressed with that. :good:

I absolutely adore the Augusta Mall now, I remember back in the early 2000s when the Augusta Exchange (where the Target, H.H. Gregg, Regal 20 Cinemas, etc. are) started opening and everyone was skeptical and thought that the Augusta Exchange would bring an end to Augusta Mall like Regency Mall, there were even talks of making the Augusta Mall nothing but retail outlet stores in case the Augusta Exchange and similar strip mall outfits took all of their tenants. At the time, Augusta Mall had just lost Macy's and most of their tenants on the Macy's end of the mall. I mean, for a while, things really looked bleak. I am very happy somebody stepped up and decided to update the mall for "Today's Shopper" because everything I personally need is at the Augusta Mall, I don't have to go to Atlanta or Columbia anymore because now all my favorite stores from malls there are now here. Honestly, Way to Go! :yahoo:

Now, if only they can do something about that eye sore of a Regency Mall...which I heard on the 11pm news today that Augusta is trying to talk to the owners about updating the mall property and renovating it to attract commerce and to undo the problems of the area. If they do that, well that would be a blessing in disguise...hey, its never too late for that idea for all those outlet stores, and Augusta doesn't have any...yet.

As for Villages at Riverwatch, there is no way it will ever compete with the Augusta Mall. And seeing as they broke ground but haven't touched the lot, I have a feeling the Villages at Riverwatch will ultimately be a "no-go". Looks like their major anchors (Bass Pro Shops & Belk) will have to find somewhere else to go probably.

Archived