Flip this House

Chickenwing

I think this show on A&E was mentioned previously in the Charleston thread, but I thought I would bring it up here, because on Saturday night's episode they were remodeling a house in Greenville on N Park Dr.

Although the show is mostly about the Charleston based company trying to flip houses, it had some pretty good views of Greenville's skyline, and things around town. It was neat to watch and say, "Oh, I know where that is!"

Pretty good show that has made it on my Tivo season pass list.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this show on A&E was mentioned previously in the Charleston thread, but I thought I would bring it up here, because on Saturday night's episode they were remodeling a house in Greenville on N Park Dr.

Although the show is mostly about the Charleston based company trying to flip houses, it had some pretty good views of Greenville's skyline, and things around town. It was neat to watch and say, "Oh, I know where that is!"

Pretty good show that has made it on my Tivo season pass list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! I wish I had seen that one, I usually don't miss that show.

If it is replaying this week, can you tell us when? I want to make sure NOT to miss it again.

I really like this show, I enjoy it the people in the show all have lots of fire in their personalities if you know what I mean. I thought it wa hilarious when Richard and his construction guy, forgot his name, staked out a house wainting for a burgular, IT was funny they are sitting in this truck with a shot gun drinking beer and then when they see the guy they chase him down.

There was an article on Ginger in one of the local papers, it said that she went to Greenville High and Clemson University and is their investment coordinator for the Upstate.

I thought it wa hilarious when Richard and his construction guy, forgot his name, staked out a house wainting for a burgular,  IT was funny they are sitting in this truck with a shot gun drinking beer and then when they see the guy they chase him down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had they not been drinking and so gung-ho about the whole matter, they could have waited for the guy to come out the back door. No where to run with a shotgun pointed at you.

Wow! I wish I had seen that one, I usually don't miss that show.

If it is replaying this week, can you tell us when? I want to make sure NOT to miss it again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The name of the episode is "Too good to be true". I will try and look on Tivo tonight and see if its coming up again this week.

Article in todays Greenville News on Flip this house, front page below the fold.

"Flip This House" Article

Next Greenville home is aired October 9. Also, they are flipping a house at the Cliffs of Glassy, everything above $1.8 million will go to the GSO, they expect this home to go for $2.5 million.

Open House is Sept. 30th and it is a good chance to meet the members of Trademark and footage is being filmed for the show so you could end up on TV.

BTW, rating for this show are really good, so expect it to be around awhile.

I just did a MLS Search in the Greenville MLS for Trademark Properties. They currently have 6 active listings in the area. None of the listings active or sold were the home on Park Ave. that was on TC two weeks ago. But they do have another one pending on Park Ave.

Also, a clue to future shows, the have a house for sale at 119 E Woodburn Dr. in Taylors, SC which they say on the MLS search is to be featured in an Episode of "Flip this House"

There is also a house they sold at 415 Townes St. in Greenville which the discription says was featured on the show "Worst to First"

I just did a MLS Search in the Greenville MLS for Trademark Properties.  They currently have 6 active listings in the area.  None of the listings active or sold were the home on Park Ave. that was on TC two weeks ago.  But they do have another one pending on Park Ave.

Also, a clue to future shows, the have a house for sale at 119 E Woodburn Dr. in Taylors, SC which they say on the MLS search is to be featured in an Episode of "Flip this House"

There is also a house they sold at 415 Townes St. in Greenville which the discription says was featured on the show "Worst to First"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that kind of search one that any of us can do? I was trying to find out which house at Glassy they purchased.

Is the event open to the public or invitation only? Is the house already remodeled or it will be?

I'm not sure if its open to the public, I got an email invite. I'm not sure how my name got on the list. Maybe when I ordered tickets for the symphony, they put my name on.

I believe that the house is finished. At least I hope so, I don't care about the before as much as the after.

I went to the Open House tonight. The first thing I will say is that the view from this home was spectacular. I would say it is one of the better views at the Cliffs. You are almost as high up as the Chapel and you can see it from the backyard. There was a clear view of Paris Mountain and I would think you can see Greenville on a clear day. In the yard there was a nice water feature.

Now, onto the house. All I can say is that I was absolutely unimpressed with this home. There were definitely some good points. The deck was new and made from what I think is ironwood, but I'm not sure. Very nice. It looks like the hardwood floors, stairs and railings were new. The view from the second story balcony was amazing.

Otherwise, there were no redeeming factors. I've seen better trim in a $250k house. Picture going to Lowe's and buying a bunch of 1x6 pine boards. Put them along the floor and around the doors. Very very plain. Now they may not be finished and are planning to put a base cap on, but somehow I don't think so.

The paint work was sloppy. Wall paint on the trim, on the ceiling, on the tile. The appliances were GE profile. Not bad, but if you are looking at a $1.8 million home, you better see the words Wolf, Sub Zero or Viking on the appliances.

Honestly, my wife & I thought this was the "Before" stage. But the smell of fresh paint and new carpet told us otherwise. There was new tile in the bathroom which was nice, but again should be in a $400-500k house.

I went to the Parade of Homes at Montebello last year. They had one $1 million home. When you walked through that house, you were absolutely blown away. Even the $500-600k homes were amazingly impressive. It may be that the fact that the house is at the Cliffs that will fetch it the $1.8MM that they are looking for, but I'll tell you that anyone who pays over a mil for this place should have their head examined.

Archived