Four Seasons Town Centre

DigitalSky

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does Koury not have an interest in the success of their properties, or do they just build 'em & move on to the next project?
Competition is tight for stores, and Koury may not be marketing as haevily for the choice merchants as Friendly and Jefferson did. I think the projects they've planned will ultimately be successful, but the initial enthusiasm may be a little low.

New & Record quote:

"If realized, the shopping center would be about the size of the retail component of The Village at North Elm, a mixed-use project the company is finishing at North Elm Street and Pisgah Church Road."

So what does this new development mean for Koury's Village at North Elm? I just moved out that way, and the number of vacancies leaves me concerned for the success of the few businesses that are already there. I'm sure it will pick up when/if they ever get the residential portion built, but it seems like this new project will just create additional retail competition.

Does Koury not have an interest in the success of their properties, or do they just build 'em & move on to the next project? Not to compare apples & oranges, but it seems like Shoppes at Friendly & Jefferson Village already had tenants lined up before ground was broken.

I think Koury Corp lacks vision. Ever since Joe Koury died things havent been the same. Joe Koury would have never sold Four Seasons if he were alive. In the case of Friendy its a good thing but I alway thought it was a mistake to sell of Four Seasons. for one thing, the security isnt as good in the mall. Joe Koury wouldnt have sold the mall because he had a bigger plan in mind and that was to expand the mall and connect it with the Koury Convention Center.

I think Koury Corp lacks vision. Ever since Joe Koury died things havent been the same. Joe Koury would have never sold Four Seasons if he were alive. In the case of Friendy its a good thing but I alway thought it was a mistake to sell of Four Seasons. for one thing, the security isnt as good in the mall. Joe Koury wouldnt have sold the mall because he had a bigger plan in mind and that was to expand the mall and connect it with the Koury Convention Center.

Kind of reminds me of my original expansion plan

4seasonsplan2dl.jpg

Kind of reminds me of my original expansion plan

4seasonsplan2dl.jpg

unfortunately with separate ownership of the mall and hotel, that plan liklely wont happen. At least Joe Koury's proposal to have an enclosed mall connector between the hotel and mall. If you were a guest in the hotel, you could walk to the mall without ever stepping outside.

Like the idea as well though where you have the "Build New COnvenience Center" at Vanstory I would put a 6 story apartment building which would work well adjacent to "Restaurant row", and to accompany more apartments/townhomes on the other side of Vanstory, if memory serves just trees and a few older small homes there now.

• 4 weeks later...

here is some updated news on the theater they are building

Its the same company that built the Grand in WInston-Salem.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EC0101/70427025

I like the Grand here, very clean with lots of amenities (coffee bars, multiple vending locations, party rooms, etc, etc. Much better than the Carmike locations here...

The Carmike is in such a horrible location anyway. Poor visibility from 40 and no visibility from Wendover or Stanley Rd. I'm pleased with plans for the theater at Four Seasons.

I like the Grand here, very clean with lots of amenities (coffee bars, multiple vending locations, party rooms, etc, etc. Much better than the Carmike locations here...

Im pretty excited about this new theater opening. The ones around here really aren't that great so I usually drive down to Salisbury or Winston and this will be just as close if not closer. The fact that it's a Grand doesn't hurt ether as I'm a huge fan of the one in Winston yet it's about 45 min away so I don't frequent it often. O and I might have missed it but when is this baby suppose to be opening?

I don't think this new theater will be called The Grand. It'll probaly have a moniker that's a little different...I hope.

Yeah it would at least be called "Four Seasons Grand" to avoid confusion with "The Grande at Friendly Center"

They will be shortened to "Friendly" and "Four Seasons", and the malls or the theaters will be differentiated simply by the context of the conversation (whether you're going to a movie or shopping). Not a big deal.

Also, a theatre at Four Seasons will have zero effect on the theatre on exit down which is the Carmike off of Koger, they are really in completely separate sections of town, it only appears they are nearby if you are an interstate traveler/passer-by. Besides, the theatre at Koger is a smaller older version which IMO serves a different demographic than the newer oversized stadium seating ones.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

another robbery has happened, this time in the parking lot of the Sheraton Four Seasons.

There was just a robbery in the parking lot of Four Seasons about two weeks ago. Obviously saftey is an issue. Koury Corp and the owner of Four Seasons Town Centre need to hire better security. The perception of Four Seasons has really directed alot people to Friendly Center including myself.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RSTAFF/71029004

another robbery has happened, this time in the parking lot of the Sheraton Four Seasons.

There was just a robbery in the parking lot of Four Seasons about two weeks ago. Obviously saftey is an issue. Koury Corp and the owner of Four Seasons Town Centre need to hire better security. The perception of Four Seasons has really directed alot people to Friendly Center including myself.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RSTAFF/71029004

Yet tenant-wise the mall hasn't been terribly adversely affected.

Archived