New Construction Update

GRDadof3

Got some shots from the Spectrum parking deck of the work going on at Lemmen Holton:

E20B49C0293F11DA8CCB8A6318F73B1D.jpg

E5300960293F11DA928A178A18F73B1D.jpg

EA0EFC20293F11DA8FF113CD18F73B1D.jpg

^^The low lying parking deck to the far right is where the new Children's Hospital Tower will go^^

E7C448D0293F11DA8C42BF7B18F73B1D.jpg

I can't wait to see that 70's Towers Medical Building get the wrecking ball :) Have to wait a couple of years. I wonder what's in store for that little red medical office building?

Here is a rendering of the South elevation of the Cancer Center from Michigan Street:

70E70E00F86B11D9815B557C4326AE0B.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I can't wait to see that 70's Towers Medical Building get the wrecking ball :) Have to wait a couple of years. I wonder what's in store for that little red medical office building?"

The little red "Moch Building" will be demolished as well. He used to have his office there. Isn't is great that things associated with Moch are being brought down much faster than they can go up.

Didn't he get disbarred in this office? I know he eventually was able to practice again but it shows he's somewhat oozing with slime. ;)

I heard the little red building is history. I like it, but it is by no means worth rescuing (IMHO).

Joe

"I can't wait to see that 70's Towers Medical Building get the wrecking ball  :)  Have to wait a couple of years.  I wonder what's in store for that little red medical office building?"

The little red "Moch Building" will be demolished as well.  He used to have his office there.  Isn't is great that things associated with Moch are being brought down much faster than they can go up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't this building 70E70E00F86B11D9815B557C4326AE0B.jpg

going into the hole? Or are you talking about the parking on the lower levels?

BTW nice view, where did you take those?

The work on site is *not* for the cancer center. The cancer center is still in design and won't be ready for awhile yet. The work you see going on is for the rest of the buildngs that will go up on site that are private development. They are prepping the site and getting the access road in. The access road will run parallel to the expressway on the back side of the site and dump out at Division.

Nitro

The work on site is *not* for the cancer center. The cancer center is still in design and won't be ready for awhile yet. The work you see going on is for the rest of the buildngs that will go up on site that are private development. They are prepping the site and getting the access road in. The access road will run parallel to the expressway on the back side of the site and dump out at Division.

Nitro

The work to the east of the existing Towers building is for the parking ramp below the cancer center. The ramp needs to be built before the Cancer Center can be built on top of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update on the Cancer Center from yesterday. A lot of steel on the site:

563D4FC03FFF11DAA860057A180B1119.jpg

I had another shot but lost it in the shuffle. I wonder if they are going to leave the Towers Building looking like that silly house on the East Beltline North of Celebration Village, hanging precariously over a cliff. :shok:

Here's an update on the Cancer Center from yesterday. A lot of steel on the site:

563D4FC03FFF11DAA860057A180B1119.jpg

I had another shot but lost it in the shuffle. I wonder if they are going to leave the Towers Building looking like that silly house on the East Beltline North of Celebration Village, hanging precariously over a cliff. :shok:

The steel is going to be driven into the ground to create the tub in which the parking deck will be built. The Towers building will end up looking like the house you refered too for a few years until the first new tower is built. Then it will be demolished to make way for the rest of the parking ramp and another new tower.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived