Downtown Mctown Pics

dougtha1

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh please lizellajacket - keep your comments to yourself. If you feel it is proper to make your kind of comment here, then that completely opens up anyone to ignorantly criticize Atlanta on any Atlanta specific thread. Show a little respect & maturity...

But as for Macon - I think Nu-way hot dogs are calling me ;)

Oh please lizellajacket - keep your comments to yourself. If you feel it is proper to make your kind of comment here, then that completely opens up anyone to ignorantly criticize Atlanta on any Atlanta specific thread. Show a little respect & maturity...

But as for Macon - I think Nu-way hot dogs are calling me ;)

thank you ^^^Any city has its problems but bashing your own city sure doesnt help. Im sure he likes the huge strides of progress that Lizella is making him and all 700 of its residents. Im not bashing on Lizella. As a matter of fact im part of that 700, but it bothers me when ppl from the Macon Area talk bad about us and do more harm than any one mayor. I mean what are you thinking comming into this forum where everyone is seeing Macon in a positive light and then u post "crap" like that in here ure hurting us worst than u claim that Ellis is. Its so funny how so many ppl just like jumping on the bandwaggon. If Macon Area is such a bad place then run for Mayor, city council, or start a business or something. Make it a better place to live. Anyway off that subject i think id like some Nu-Way also. lol

Well, ok, I'll let people form their own opinions about Macon as visitors. I'll just keep to myself about Macon.

As for Lizella, I hope it never becomes a city like Macon. I hope it stays the same, thats why its special.

I'm a maconite and I like the city just fine. Sure, it has its pros and cons just like any other midsize city out there, but Macon's got alot going for it. It's far enough from Atlanta that it has its own identity, yet just close enough for some people to commute to and easily visit Atlanta. The economy is going pretty well compared to other second-tier Georgia cities and its growth and development is beginning to pick up speed again. It's also nice to see so much money being put into the downtown area (even if mayor Ellis isn't the best at handling money). Sure it has some pretty bad areas, slums, deteriorated parts of town but what city doesn't?

As for Lizella...that's my hometown too...and I also like it just fine (even if it has turned into suburbia). FYI, dougtha1, Lizella's population is actually 6,872 (2000 Census). Yeah, I know...that number surprises me too...it doesn't feel that big at all. I would really like to see Lizella become incorporated. Now that would be nice.

I'm a maconite and I like the city just fine. Sure, it has its pros and cons just like any other midsize city out there, but Macon's got alot going for it. It's far enough from Atlanta that it has its own identity, yet just close enough for some people to commute to and easily visit Atlanta. The economy is going pretty well compared to other second-tier Georgia cities and its growth and development is beginning to pick up speed again. It's also nice to see so much money being put into the downtown area (even if mayor Ellis isn't the best at handling money). Sure it has some pretty bad areas, slums, deteriorated parts of town but what city doesn't?

As for Lizella...that's my hometown too...and I also like it just fine (even if it has turned into suburbia). FYI, dougtha1, Lizella's population is actually 6,872 (2000 Census). Yeah, I know...that number surprises me too...it doesn't feel that big at all. I would really like to see Lizella become incorporated. Now that would be nice.

Thanks for the correction. I thought 700 was kinda small but i didnt expect to see almost 7,000 but they are building a lot out there and it is turning into a main suburb of Macon. I like Lizella/Waters Edge and i am also a proud Maconite. I think things are really looking up for us. With good leadership i believe Macon will take off in the near future.

• 8 months later...

Amazing pictures!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful Job Dougtha! Has any of you guys been inside the Gateway Plaza or is it heavy on security? How about that new apartment building in Macon going up (4 or 5 stories I think) The Telegraph had an article on it and said what it is like but has shown nothing else about it or if it is approved. Can you guys give me some facts? Thanks!

Archived