the903/Jefferson at Providence Place

Frankie811

• 3 months later...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rofl:  :rofl: 

That's quite interesting that they are going condo. What does this say about the condo market?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

huh.

It says that its going strong right now, but quickly getting over-saturated. It also says that if you rent, expect your rent to go up over the next couple of years...

as more and more units are converted to condo, the rental market is going to get pretty tight around here...

If you hover over the photos it says 10 minute walk from X or 2 minute drive from X. If you could triangulate all those points, you could figure it out. Although juding from those cues, I can't for the life of me imagine what it would be the center of.

LOL I think that "godawful annoying intro" is the site. That photo strip moves too slowly. You should be able to control the speed of it with your mouse.

Nice photos though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow.

that's hideous.

if I see another "luxury" condo, I'm gonna puke... :sick:

Jefferson Place takes "luxury" to a new low.

wow.

that's hideous.

if I see another "luxury" condo, I'm gonna puke...  :sick:

Jefferson Place takes "luxury" to a new low.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I think Im gonna do Luxury Condos in my garage. 4 units, 175sqft a piece. I got a deal on some chinese granite counters and picked up some maple cabinets at Lowes. Now I just have to find Stainless Steel dorm fridges. Hip west side location. $219k a piece.

Who's in?

Liam

Maybe a new thread should be used for this topic, but I'd like to revive the discussion of what makes a condo a luxury condo. For me, finishes like granite countertops and stainless appliances are nice and all but by no means do they equal luxury. Heck, I've been a hyundai that had leather seats and a wood dash and that doesn't make it a mercedes. Luxury condos should be about the entire experience and that means quality inside and out (and this includes location.) Cheap fabrication with a stainless fridge might sell a few condos but lets be serious, Jefferson/903 is about as far away from luxury as you can get. I've only been in one unit there and I would certainly call it nice but using lables to inflate the price tag seems a bit excessive. My prediction for the future of 309 includes a sizable drop in base line prices - on the order of at least 50k. Unless the area around 309 improves dramatically I just don't see how it will be a money maker for Paolino.

That being said I don't think this will hurt the condo market for waterplace and the like. From what little I know about real estate, location seems to be the biggest factor and with similar starting prices not only would I spend my money to be in the better location I'd probably want to live in a building where there really were million dollar+ "luxury" condos.

It's kinda like the benefit street complex, many people seem to think that living on benefit street is great because it's somewhat of a "tony" address but there are pleanty of crappy spots on benefit that are propped up by several very nice homes. Even if people don't spend big bucks for a home, many are attracted to the idea of being associated with something better than what they have. Just an idea but I think this will help fuel Waterplace, the Westin and so on rather than hurt them.

Yeah, I think Im gonna do Luxury Condos in my garage. 4 units, 175sqft a piece. I got a deal on some chinese granite counters and picked up some maple cabinets at Lowes. Now I just have to find Stainless Steel dorm fridges. Hip west side location. $219k a piece.

Who's in?

Liam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have a cool flash website for them? If not, count me out...

Archived