the903/Jefferson at Providence Place

Frankie811

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it's called effluorescence. Moisture that's already in the mortar or that seeps into masonry leaches minerals(salts) from the mortar and it shows up on the surface. It's a sign that either there was too much water and/or improper admixtures in the mortar to begin with, or there's a leak somewhere, or sealer wasn't put on the porous surface of the masonry after it was built to keep water out. It's a really common problem and incredibly difficult to fix after it's happened.

• 3 months later...

So, I'm looking at Live Local, and I can't figure out why they paved this area in front of the building.

I remember when they did it, too. My GF at the time was living there and was excited that there would be a few more parking spaces :rolleyes: ...but no. They put a fence around it and a sign that says no parking.

Is it a fire line? Where they going to put in basketball nets? What's the story?

Just because it's unused doesn't mean it has to be paved!

So, I'm looking at Live Local, and I can't figure out why they paved this area in front of the building.

I remember when they did it, too. My GF at the time was living there and was excited that there would be a few more parking spaces :rolleyes: ...but no. They put a fence around it and a sign that says no parking.

Is it a fire line? Where they going to put in basketball nets? What's the story?

Just because it's unused doesn't mean it has to be paved!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived