IN PROGRESS: Front Street @ Adriaen's Landing

Cotuit

I really like their who we are statement on their website. Essentially, they believe in making context sensitive buildings that respect the aestetic and intellectual heritage of the area that they are building in.

That main building looks 20 floors?

Oh wow, kind of mis leading. That project looks amazing and would look great at Front st.

i'm interested in seeing how many people want to live in an entertainment district and more importantly, what the demographics of the tenants will be age-wise

Edited by blackstone

i not sure if there should be cars or car parking on this street. where they have cars might be better used for kiosks, street vendors, and maybe other nuances for pedestrians. actually i feel strongly about it, but will wait before commenting. also, i want to see what arch street might look like.

Thanks editor, much appreciated.

The street parking is probably important for the retail component. It reminds me of the diagonal parking in West Hartford center. And that seems to work pretty well. If the speed limit is low and the traffic is broken by wide crosswalks, it should keep the area lively. Cars are not the enemy.

The most important part of the project will be its quality.

Thanks editor, much appreciated.

The street parking is probably important for the retail component. It reminds me of the diagonal parking in West Hartford center. And that seems to work pretty well. If the speed limit is low and the traffic is broken by wide crosswalks, it should keep the area lively. Cars are not the enemy.

The most important part of the project will be its quality.

Street parking is always important for pedestrian environments like this.

Folks,

I'm the editor of the Hartford Business Journal. Here's the Front Street image in question.

H.B. Nitkin doesn't yet have an architectural rendering. They do have this artist's rendering, however, and it is the only image, so far, of what they're planning.

Vincent Valvo

Hartford Business Journal

[email protected]

This is much appreciated. I just picked up the HBJ yesterday so that I could see what the guys were talking about. It's pretty much what we all expected I guess. Pretty much in line with what has been proposed all along. Personally, I'm sure the design will work fine, I'm just concerned with what caliber of retail, restaurant, and entertainment tenents we will be seeing here. There's no doubt in my mind that this project is a "build it and they will come" type of deal. We just need to see something high quality open up and the people will be there. They already are much of the time, just with nowhere to go.

Folks,

I'm the editor of the Hartford Business Journal. Here's the Front Street image in question.

H.B. Nitkin doesn't yet have an architectural rendering. They do have this artist's rendering, however, and it is the only image, so far, of what they're planning.

Vincent Valvo

Hartford Business Journal

[email protected]

FrontStreet040207rgb.jpg

I like the building designs....

There has to be high end retail IMO. The Hartford area is lacking high end retail, and the area has one of the highest per-capita incomes in the country. Put some stores in that you can't find in Connecticut and people will be forced to visit Hartford. Putting a Bobs store or a TJ Max isn't going to acomplish anything.

Having a few high end chain restaurants would also be nice. I know people on this board hate chains, but they are needed to draw most people. Capital Grill anyone? Legal seafood? How about a book store in front street? We all want it @ H21 but front street would probably work just as well or better.

ESPN needs to add a venue, and I think they should add a true ESPNzone not a smaller place like first thought. ESPN calls Connecticut home and there needs to be some sort of connection with downtown. Imagine them putting a ESPn zone with a studio for smaller shows! Wow, that would be amazing.

Edited by uconn99

This is much appreciated. I just picked up the HBJ yesterday so that I could see what they guys were talking about. It's pretty much what we all expected I guess. Pretty much in line with what has been proposed all along. Personally, I'm sure the design will work fine, I'm just concerned with what caliber of retail, restaurant, and entertainment tenents we will be seeing here. There's no doubt in my mind that this project is a "build it and they will come" type of deal. We just need to see something high quality open up and the people will be there. They already are much of the time, just with nowhere to go.

How do the more upscale stores determine which cities are viable?

ESPN needs to add a venue, and I think they should add a true ESPNzone not a smaller place like first thought. ESPN calls Connecticut home and there needs to be some sort of connection with downtown. Imagine them putting a ESPn zone with a studio for smaller shows! Wow, that would be amazing.

I like that idea...for radio, too. Cold Pizza is based in New York City. How about Mike & Mike based in Hartford?