IN PROGRESS: Front Street @ Adriaen's Landing

Cotuit

See attached:

http://www.icsc.org/srch/mt/descs/2006L08/2006L08.pdf

Did this event occur, and if so, what did he say about the Front Street site plan?

Do all of you also post on the 'skyscraperpage' forum, or is this where the cool guys hang out?

I never heard of this program, and I would have liked to be there. Are there any reports on progress coming from this event?

sixty units and 40,000 square feet of retail. not much to write home about. we waited six years for this?

That would be only the first phase, but they are hoping the whole thing gets built at once which is expected to call for developer Bradley Nitkin to build up to 200 residential units and roughly 150,000 square feet of retail space, including a number of restaurants.

Front Street project finalized

(Hartford-WTNH, Feb. 17, 2006 6:05 PM) _ A deal has finally been signed for the long delayed Front Street project in Downtown Hartford, the final part of the billion dollar Adriaen's Landing project.

The development agreement will include 200 residential units and 100,000 square feet of retail space on an empty lot behind city hall. Construction is slated to begin late this year.

The developer is Greenwich-based Bradley Nitkin of the H.B. Nitkin Group.

The space is located directly across Columbus Boulevard from the new Connecticut Convention Center.

It was in the courant the other day, but I too didn't noticed it online. But rest assured, it's official. No idea if we'll see any plans before the funding gets finalized (the 120 day window). Hopefully ground will be broken this summer... to bad they just paved it :wacko:

Edited by sp1dey

It was in the courant the other day, but I too didn't noticed it online. But rest assured, it's official. No idea if we'll see any plans before the funding gets finalized (the 120 day window). Hopefully ground will be broken this summer... to bad they just paved it :wacko:

OK, now this makes a little more sense. The quadrant that they paved (Prospect between the Elks and Times buildings) is being used for visitor parking for the Wadsworth. They even put nice pretty banners up. That is a good SHORT-TERM use. Now......

WHERE IS THE SITE PLAN FOR FRONT STREET?!?!

Is anyone else wondering if the plans aren't out yet because they aren't made yet....cause if that were the case I'm pretty sure I'd go on a shooting spree. who's with me? lol :ph34r:

I like to think there are plans in existence if they are discussing phases of development and funding... but who knows with this project.

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking arouind for the last 10 weeks or so, but I've been so busy with work and school that I really haven't had the time to post anything. I'm still extremely busy and won't be posting all that much for the next few weeks but I wanted to leak some information that I don't think has been talked about yet in public.

#1 - Front Street is a go, there is a 100% chance of this project happening. Furthermore, I'm told by a project insider(actually it was through a friend of a friend type deal, but you get the picture)that there will be an anouncement made by Brad Nitkin within the next 3 weeks.

#2 - The project will give us the best of both worlds. There are plans for 1 low rise building, 2 mid rises, and 1 high rise.

#3 - The layout/feel of this project will be vastly different than anything Hartford has seen in recent history (I'm told it'll have a "European feel" to it). Pavers, cobblestones, that sorta thing.

Expect some sort of press release very soon! I'm so looking forward to finally getting a look at this project on paper, especially now that we know some of the specifics.

Hope all is well w/ everyone, talk to you guys later.

Well thats good news. The whole Front Street thing was starting to make me nervous. With Hartford 21's inability to sign any leases, I was starting to wonder if that was hurting Front Street.

Socom - are saying that there will only be 4 buildings? Or are you just talking about the 4 major buildings of the project. There is a lot of acreage to be filled up down there. I wonder how tall the high rise will be? Hopefully it will be significant. Regardless, soon after the plans are released, expect the people from the Sheldon Charter Oak neighborhood to start protesting the heights of the buildings like they always do.

The Front St. development should eventually work its way all the way down to Charter Oak Avenue. That area of aborted streets, parking lots and those awful suburban-style apartments between the Whitehead Highway and Charter Oak Ave. is the most disjointed, out of place area in Hartford. Downtown deserves better.

Anyway, enough rantiing... looking forward to the announcemnet and renderings!

Well thats good news. The whole Front Street thing was starting to make me nervous. With Hartford 21's inability to sign any leases, I was starting to wonder if that was hurting Front Street.

Socom - are saying that there will only be 4 buildings? Or are you just talking about the 4 major buildings of the project. There is a lot of acreage to be filled up down there. I wonder how tall the high rise will be? Hopefully it will be significant. Regardless, soon after the plans are released, expect the people from the Sheldon Charter Oak neighborhood to start protesting the heights of the buildings like they always do.

The Front St. development should eventually work its way all the way down to Charter Oak Avenue. That area of aborted streets, parking lots and those awful suburban-style apartments between the Whitehead Highway and Charter Oak Ave. is the most disjointed, out of place area in Hartford. Downtown deserves better.

Anyway, enough rantiing... looking forward to the announcemnet and renderings!

Is H21 having trouble signing commercial leases or residential?!?! Or BOTH?!?! :(

They are not having trouble with the residential units. They have had 12 requests for the 4 penthouses and 250 requests for the rest of the units and there are 262 total....not that bad.

Check todays courant business section to see a picture from the top of the building