IN PROGRESS: Front Street @ Adriaen's Landing

Cotuit

Sorry, I'm sick of watered down garbage. Everything is presented all nice and rosy, and comes out half-assed. At this point I'd rather have a stupid lot than some half-assed building or 2 that ends up not working out anyways. In my opinion, 60 units is just too small. They'll be a little pocket of humanity.

Sources are saying the Front Street condominiums and shops will be spectacular, "like nothing Hartford has seen before."

They will be designed by famous architect from Yale, Robert Stern and will resemble his most recent Connecticut project, Highgrove in Stamford.

http://www.highgrovestamford.com/

If the state can keep the mayor and the unions at bay, Front Street will finally get going.

Sources are saying the Front Street condominiums and shops will be spectacular, "like nothing Hartford has seen before."

They will be designed by famous architect from Yale, Robert Stern and will resemble his most recent Connecticut project, Highgrove in Stamford.

If the state can keep the mayor and the unions at bay, Front Street will finally get going.

That is certainly welcomed news. I think we all can take comfort in knowing the state will not leave that as a vacant lot. It's not gonna happen. They will get this thing built sooner or later, and truthfully the longer it takes the better it may turn out.

Those condos are amazing, nothing I could afford but amazing anyway. I'm sure something great will come out of this, I would love to be a fly on the wall inside Nitkins Offices though. Give us some idea of what will be...

That is certainly welcomed news. I think we all can take comfort in knowing the state will not leave that as a vacant lot. It's not gonna happen. They will get this thing built sooner or later, and truthfully the longer it takes the better it may turn out.

It may take some time, but let's get this project done right. Those condos will indeed be amazing.

• 1 month later...

Heard there was a breakthrough today at City Hall. Some sort of announcement, and it will be positive, will be made on Friday.

Crossing fingers... :ph34r: I just hope your sources are better than mine. Many months ago I was told by an insider that things were ready to take off and then nothing came of it. This whole project has been so confusing that I'm not sure anyone knows what's going on anymore.

this has taken 7 years, give or take right? it's a case of developers wanting to much because hartford is still, no matter how optimistic we all are, an unproven market for large scale development financed privately. there is alot going on for the better, but the city has seen this before. remember, those projects in the 80's were 'shelved for 1-5 years', when the economists saw the climate in hartford improving and it's 20 years later and they're in the trash now. i would love to see it, but am skeptical until i see cranes and concrete.

this has taken 7 years, give or take right? it's a case of developers wanting to much because hartford is still, no matter how optimistic we all are, an unproven market for large scale development financed privately. there is alot going on for the better, but the city has seen this before. remember, those projects in the 80's were 'shelved for 1-5 years', when the economists saw the climate in hartford improving and it's 20 years later and they're in the trash now. i would love to see it, but am skeptical until i see cranes and concrete.

I understand exactly how you feel. I do think we should fully expect it to get built. There's no way they are going to leave that site undeveloped. It's just a matter of time. Downtown was great last night after the H21 event. Joe Black's was packed and it's pretty impressive in there.

I understand exactly how you feel. I do think we should fully expect it to get built. There's no way they are going to leave that site undeveloped. It's just a matter of time. Downtown was great last night after the H21 event. Joe Black's was packed and it's pretty impressive in there.

joe blacks is a very nice addition downtown!

I actually took the tour of H21 durring lunch on thrusday - VERY Nice. going back tomorrow am with the girlfriend as she wants to see it too. the pic in the courant looks like they have balconies on the 36 floor, SWEET! Living downtown already, I am very excited for what is going on there and really hope it fills up quickly. I would hate to see Northland's project at the YMCA suffer any 'setbacks'

would you have thought in 1988 that the society site on the corner of pratt/main would remain undeveloped in 2006? they were going to make it a park while until the real estate market rebounded in 'a few years'. How about MONY's proposed apartment tower site across the park, or the Hilton lot? Hartford is rife with prime real estate that is undeveloped for one reason or another. I want to see front street start NOW as each passing day is a day closer to new parking lots.

Edited by ctman

This is what I heard: Arnold Chase I think owned it, and the city was giving him crap about something. He threatened to knock the building down and leave it a parking lot, they told him he couldn't do that, and a month later he knocked it down. This could be an absolutely false story, but it's what I heard.