IN PROGRESS: Front Street @ Adriaen's Landing

Cotuit

I really don't think it will be that hard of a sell this time around. Now that BBS is under construction and has announced most of it's anchors I think national retailers who missed that boat will sign on. Momentum really cannot be stopped at this point and most other DT projects will come online well before Front St. so I think a lot of the perceived risks that made it tougher on the earlier developers have been alleviated.

So just to sum up...here's what we know about the "new" Front Street so far:

-ESPN is committed to opening up some sort of attraction/entertainment/retail venue.

-The first phase of the project will consist of lowrise buildings (3 to 6 stories) and will be similar to Pratt Street.

-A movie theatre will be included.

-Big name national retailers have shown interest (according to Nitkin)

So just to sum up...here's what we know about the "new" Front Street so far:

-ESPN is committed to opening up some sort of attraction/entertainment/retail venue.

-The first phase of the project will consist of lowrise buildings (3 to 6 stories) and will be similar to Pratt Street.

-A movie theatre will be included.

-Big name national retailers have shown interest (according to Nitkin)

................and the first phase will be built near Columbus blvd.

Which retailers has he worked with before?

I was just talking about the tenants in some of his other properties which are:

Shops at Somerset Square in Glastonbury (upscale lifestyle shopping center)

Greenwich Financial Center in Greenwich

Greenwich Avenue Retail in Greenwich

Lockworks Square in Brandford

Cromwell Square in Cromwell

100 Newtown Road in Danbury

150 Boston Post Road in Orange

116 Boston Post Road in Orange

2600 Post Road in Southport

Playhouse Square in Westport

410-420 Tarrytown Road in White Plains

330-360 Tarrytown Road in White Plains

Has anybody seen any plans/drawings yet? I would think you need something before breaking ground.

Nothing yet, but keep in mind, in most projects there are two fronts... the public and private. You can be assured the Nitkin has been working with his architect behind the scenes while the more public effort of securing funding was going on.

The Times building belongs to the Athenium. They own it. They will keep the facade and the amazing artwork. But they need a buiding that meets their requirements and the present structure didn't.

Right but I've driven past it at least every week since it was torn down maybe a year ago, and it's still a parking lot. Why is there so much pre-emptive demolishing in Hartford? At least the Colonial Theatre actually was used afterwards, but many of the others stay as parking lots.

Right but I've driven past it at least every week since it was torn down maybe a year ago, and it's still a parking lot. Why is there so much pre-emptive demolishing in Hartford? At least the Colonial Theatre actually was used afterwards, but many of the others stay as parking lots.

We all know this one will not remain a parking lot though so what is the big deal???

Edited by HartfordTycoon

The Times building belongs to the Athenium. They own it. They will keep the facade and the amazing artwork. But they need a buiding that meets their requirements and the present structure didn't.

I believe they signed a 99-year lease on the building.

Nothing yet, but keep in mind, in most projects there are two fronts... the public and private. You can be assured the Nitkin has been working with his architect behind the scenes while the more public effort of securing funding was going on.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. I'm sure there are blueprints being developed as we speak. Hopefully at least!!!

they should have built the 2 32 story residential towers contained in one of the first plans. imagine how different that part of downtown would be with 500+ residents. once again, another woulda, coulda, shoulda for the city of hartford

Yeah, and imagine all those residents mixing and merging with the Convention crowds....