Riverfront Plaza Building Expansion - Construction

GRDadof3

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like it or not, people are not going to make the magic over night transition to transit. Even if we had the best mass transit system in the world, we would still need ramps.

People need to park or these nice new buildings will go unused. I know that there are other solutions (such as underground parking) but economics always plays a major (the only) role in these decisions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like the Riverfront's foundation has been back-filled. Are we going to see some vertical construction soon :whistling: I'm dying over heeeh.

The foundation work is almost finished, the SE corner is the last step. You can Expect to see a crane on site on Monday January 9th. The steel erection will probably take 4-6 weeks if there are no delays.

I believe they have already started, look on the west end of the site, they have some walls being built back there going on top of the grade beams and pile caps.

You know, I wondered about that as I drove by this morning. Something along the West side looked much different, and I haven't been by there in over a week. They're going to town on the area around the Forslund Condo mini-garage too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yah no kidding... Is this the stop height?

That's as high as it will go, yes. The foundation comes all the way out to Campau, so they are obviously not done with framing yet. Here's an artist's rendering:

72960581_b75af49950_o.jpg

(yes, the first floor is parking, let's not re-live that debate :rofl: )

That's as high as it will go, yes. The foundation comes all the way out to Campau, so they are obviously not done with framing yet. Here's an artist's rendering:

72960581_b75af49950_o.jpg

(yes, the first floor is parking, let's not re-live that debate :rofl: )

you know what though, if you had to have parking, thats the best way to go. It looks neat too, almost like an engine house, or something of that nature.

Archived