New Grand Rapids Art Museum

GRDadof3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The art publication, Art in America , did a little piece on the new GRAM LEED certification for their Nov 06 issue. You would think that GRAM would get the word out? :dontknow: Unfortunately I have no details. Who is their PR person??? :ph34r:

The citation for the article is:

Green Museum for Grand Rapids.(Grand Rapids Art Museum to relocate)(Brief article). Stephanie Cash.

Art in America 94.8 (Sept 2006): p39

Available free online to Michigan residents by going to http://www.mel.org - go to MeL Databases, search Academic OneFile - use Grand Rapids as a keyword and put Art in America in the publication title box. If you are accessing mel.org from home you may need to enter your drivers license number to show you are a Michigan resident.

I would assume that the builders will put the crane that is dismantling the tower crane to use to finish of the rest of the steel work as third lantarn's steel work will not need a very big reach to access.

I am sort of surprised to see the crane coming down.

They haven't even finished putting up the last steel yet.

Not to mention the glass on the top.

I am sort of surprised to see the crane coming down.

They haven't even finished putting up the last steel yet.

Not to mention the glass on the top.

The rental rate on the tower crane must be huge. With all of the building under roof now the crane probably doesn't have much to do anymore. It will be much cheaper to bring a small crane in as needed for the few heavy lifting jobs that are left.

This is a GOOD THING though GR dad...

Think about it, this means we are closer and closer towards getting some really nice buildings available.

Sure, but look at all the buzz the tower cranes have created. My goal would be to constantly see tower cranes working away on the skyline of GR, until I'm old and tired.

There will always be tower cranes, and believe me, there will be more and more as living in the suburbs gets more and more expensive.

I think you'll be surprised how long there will be at least one tower crane in the GR skyline.

If I had to predict I'll say there will be at least one tower crane in the sky non stop until 2030.

There will always be tower cranes, and believe me, there will be more and more as living in the suburbs gets more and more expensive.

I think you'll be surprised how long there will be at least one tower crane in the GR skyline.

If I had to predict I'll say there will be at least one tower crane in the sky non stop until 2030.

Not to be argumentative (or go off-topic), but only one of the tower cranes on the skyline for the foreseeable future is a residential project, and it's WAY more expensive than suburban living.

Not to be argumentative (or go off-topic), but only one of the tower cranes on the skyline for the foreseeable future is a residential project, and it's WAY more expensive than suburban living.

right now sure, but it wont be for long. ;)

there will be more announcements don't worry.

We already have enough "announcements", we need some action.

Well if SSP's F&D comes through we should have another crane on site, I have a feeling that will begin before Riverhouse's crane is gone.

Of course the medical towers will keep three or so cranes up until 2012.

Don't forget theres a good chance Icon's 2nd tower will go up sometime between now and 2012, so theres another crane.

MSU's school will bring another crane

So we should have a crane somewhere in the city through 2012 at least, thats a while yet.

After 2012, its only speculation anyway.

I just wish this museam had more of a historical design, maybe with brick and stone, some windows and matched well with it's sorroundings. Placing it elsewhere would have been better too, like in a district particularly devoted to arts, even though we don't have one now. Why keep wishing though, what's the point.

I just wish this museam had more of a historical design, maybe with brick and stone, some windows and matched well with it's sorroundings. Placing it elsewhere would have been better too, like in a district particularly devoted to arts, even though we don't have one now. Why keep wishing though, what's the point.

I think I like the fact that it will be in the center of a lot of things downtown. Even though it will have a concrete look about it, I think having Rosa Park Circle in front will make it more inviting with the green trees, fountains, and grass knolls etc. If you had the chance to move it, where would you place it?

If it were anything other than an art museum, I'd agree. As an art museum, I think it's going to be pretty cool.

It matches with its surrounding because its minimalistic. Like wearing dark pants.

Heard of "The Avenue of The Arts?"

Archived