New Grand Rapids Art Museum

GRDadof3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! I'm laughing at how this thread is butchering and nit picking a rendering half to death here. Granted, I too would like to have seen more angles and maybe a 3-D fly-by to get a better idea of what the building will look like. But to me I'm waiting on what the new GRAM will look like. That's when I'll pass my judgment.

If the new GRAM turns out so ugly that it fails and goes out of bussiness, the DeVoses or the VanAndels will tear town the new GRAM and replace it with a hotel/covention center/arena/medial reserch institute/Plaza Tower/ Amway Grand Plaza/................and on and on. :D java script:emoticon(':D',%20'smid_5')

Now that is bizarre. I posted that catty statement a long time ago. Now it says it was posted at a date and time I was not even home. Spooky! :blink:

I agree. I love the "Finish the picture" fundraising campaign.

I tell you what, you give me a good rendering, and I'll finish the picture. Otherwise, it just looks like a piece of sh*t that GRCC would put up.

Joe

My mom used to put together those picture puzzles with thousands of pieces. I remember as a kid those moments when she would have enough pieces in place to begin to see what the picture was going to be.

Although the renderings of the art museum seem to respect the "Keep it a Secret" tag line for Grand Rapids, I think the basic forms are beginning to appear.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding something (and in spite of my cartoon overlay with ghost children), we may be headed for a very significant building on this corner.

164909509_b2f1e3c765.jpg

164889649_a1776e0793.jpg

South%20View-large.jpg

And what is to become of that horrible warming house / Zamboni garage at the interstection?

164952767_04744f519d.jpg

That's great civitas! I've thought about doing that similar thing with the Conference Center portion of the Marriott that's framed in now on the Pearl side. I "believe" that I read the Zamboni garage/bath house is temporary, and part of the deal with the Art Museum was that they had to provide a warming area/bathrooms for the ice-skaters within the new museum. That was a while ago though.

What a great sketch Civitas. Simple but gives you perspective. If this is how it will fit in with the rest of the clock, I'll like it (especially if the materials are good). Why can't GRAM do something like this? I'm sure it would help their fund-raising efforts.

Joe

My mom used to put together those picture puzzles with thousands of pieces. I remember as a kid those moments when she would have enough pieces in place to begin to see what the picture was going to be.

Although the renderings of the art museum seem to respect the "Keep it a Secret" tag line for Grand Rapids, I think the basic forms are beginning to appear.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding something (and in spite of my cartoon overlay with ghost children), we may be headed for a very significant building on this corner.

164909509_b2f1e3c765.jpg

And what is to become of that horrible warming house / Zamboni garage at the interstection?

164952767_04744f519d.jpg

That's great civitas! I've thought about doing that similar thing with the Conference Center portion of the Marriott that's framed in now on the Pearl side. I "believe" that I read the Zamboni garage/bath house is temporary, and part of the deal with the Art Museum was that they had to provide a warming area/bathrooms for the ice-skaters within the new museum. That was a while ago though.

Interesting. I heard that the museum was asked about replacing the warming house. I didn't know that it might be in the museum.

Yup. Webcam images with a little stiching in Photoshop.

http://www.pepperconstruction.com/pepper_c...b_cam_gram.html

Here's another for the Marriot

http://www.pepperconstruction.com/pepper_c...go/web_cam.html

Now that's about the coolest thing I've seen today! Sweet, you can control the camera yourself! I think I just lipread a conversation between three construction dudes. Just kidding, but you can get just about that close!Thanks for sharing,civitas!

Archived