RUMORED: Citizens Bank Tower (CBT)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just noticed that you posted that link up above.

yeah, citizens may say that, but its a huge corporation now. they make carefully crafted PR statements, and then plan for people's memories to slowly fade. and they're owned by the Bank of Scotland, who I'm sure really don't have much interest in Citizen's RI roots. i'm sure they'll keep operations in the area, but i just can't see some new fancy tower built here for executive types.

• 4 weeks later...

The name "Citizens Bank" is very generic. In many markets there are existing institutions with similar names; those institutions tend to get PIB (panties in bunch) when similarly-named banks move in. The discussion is how to differentiate Citizens in those markets and nationwide.

It's good that the logo is pretty, because I've always thought that Citizens' Bank building looked like an evil lord's fortress out of some wacky anime. Perhaps it could be imploded, and Villa Del Torre built there. :rolleyes:

Archived