Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lajohn

New to Urban Planet

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys, my name is John and I've read posts here for awhile and just thought I would join.

I'm a landscape architect/urban designer here in Nashville, so I have some inside info from time to time. Anyways just wanted to say hi.

John, this is great. Thanks for joining in. Sorry we haven't been more active lately, but as the guys have said, things have been a bit busy lately.

I'm a fan of great landscapes and try to do my own, but my amateur nature boldly goes where no true architect would go...or would want to. lol. I look forward to your input on your specialty areas.

Once again, welcome, welcome, welcome.

Ironically, I was just reading Metro Ordinance No. BL2005-763, the "tree ordinance" etc.

Maybe I need a good mystery novel. :)

'John"

Welcome aboard!

All my inside information currently comes from the local trades, which means to say I have none :lol:

I look forward to viewing your posts as Nashville continues to grow.

Welcome, don't be afraid to dish some dirt about the goings on in Nashville. I think we are all hungry for some insider info since doorman left.

R.I.P. doorman :cry:

Welcome!!! New members are always welcomed. As stated there are alot more members and activity usually, but we go through active and slow times in cycles, this happens to be a slow time. It should pick up sometime soon as everyone gears down and transition into "fall mode".

Welcome. If you get addicted like us, when it picks up you better make atleast a hour a day. Insider info is always great.

Thanks for all the replies. We are working on a couple interesting projects in and around Nashville that I could keep you posted on (i.e. East Nashville Civic Square, Downtown Gallatin Revitalization, and a couple of loft projects like Bristol at West End and Midtown Lofts).

We're slammed with work around this area, it's pretty exciting!

laJohn, welcome. I look forward to your knowledge of Urban Design and Landscaping. It will be well appreciated by both me and everyone else!!! Again, welcome.

Michael

East Sq. has my interest. Prepare for a quiz. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i would really like to know about that as well. all the stuff going on in east nashville really intrigues me....

East Nashville Civic Square has to get approved in the Metro budget first. Public Works is beotching because it would cut into their budget. But if it gets put in the budget it will be built for sure.

It would be an great addition for East Nashville, the proposed project would really tie that neighborhood together and let people enjoy the great architecture that surrounds the space instead of flying by in a car.

Also we are proposing infill development around the square with a pedestrian oriented feel, it could be nice!