Sign in to follow this  
twincity

Civic Plaza 100 W. 4th St.

This is the latest on the long proposed center city park and mixed-use devlopment for downtown Winston-Salem. Finally, i developer is chosen. I was hoping to see renderings today but looks like it could be between 2 and 4 months. Anyway, this will be a big step towards turning downtown around. $100 - $150 mil, 500-700 residents and 3.2 acres are nice numbers.

article

http://journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pa...s=1037645509099

Edited by twincity

Sounds good. Downtown Winston-Salem has such great potential. I believe in the next several years some of that potential will be realized, and downtown Winston-Salem will be transformed into a lively, attractive area.

This is the latest on the long proposed center city park and mixed-use devlopment for downtown Winston-Salem. Finally, i developer is chosen. I was hoping to see renderings today but looks like it could be between 2 and 4 months. Anyway, this will be a big step towards turning downtown around. $100 - $150 mil, 500-700 residents and 3.2 acres are nice numbers.

article

http://journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pa...s=1037645509099

Is there any additional information on their proposal - architects involved, strategy for the Pepper Bldg and Courthouse, etc? I googled the developer and went to dwsp.org but was unable to find any substantive information on the developer's proposal.

i tried to find the developer also but couldnt find a website or anything. DWSP hasnt updated the project's website since July, but we should see something soon.

fourthstreetwinston.com

they do provide detailed information on the project...even down to describing what the tower should look like. Download the SOI.

i tried to find the developer also but couldnt find a website or anything. DWSP hasnt updated the project's website since July, but we should see something soon.

fourthstreetwinston.com

they do provide detailed information on the project...even down to describing what the tower should look like. Download the SOI.

Thanks.

This looks like a wonderful project for Winston. It kinda parallels with Center Pointe and the center-city park in Greensboro.

I love the design. any idea when construction will start?

Edited by cityboi

This looks like a wonderful project for Winston. It kinda parallels with Center Pointe and the center-city park in Greensboro.

I love the design. any idea when construction will start?

no word on construction yet. updates have been few and far between.

DA, did you get out there and take any pics?

Don Julio, where were they starting the demolition? :blink: I drove by tonight and there is no demo from what I could/can see. All there was was some gates blocking off access to the buildings on Fourth and that's it.

^ Demolition has begun for the high-rise ? Or just for the plaza ?

And if just the plaza, what is the timeline on the high-rise ?

I was downtown this weekend, saw where they had fenced the area off. Saw some demolition from 3rd street next to the old Davis Bldg.

Oh ok, I only drove down Fourth. I guess i'll try and get back out there on Third tomorrow.

Did I miss the official announcement? Why wasn't it in the Journal or elsewhere?

What about the courthouse site? Has anything been announced? Will it be a similar, companion building, or turned into a museum?