Civic Plaza 100 W. 4th St.

twincity

This is the latest on the long proposed center city park and mixed-use devlopment for downtown Winston-Salem. Finally, i developer is chosen. I was hoping to see renderings today but looks like it could be between 2 and 4 months. Anyway, this will be a big step towards turning downtown around. $100 - $150 mil, 500-700 residents and 3.2 acres are nice numbers.

article

http://journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pa...s=1037645509099

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the latest on the long proposed center city park and mixed-use devlopment for downtown Winston-Salem. Finally, i developer is chosen. I was hoping to see renderings today but looks like it could be between 2 and 4 months. Anyway, this will be a big step towards turning downtown around. $100 - $150 mil, 500-700 residents and 3.2 acres are nice numbers.

article

http://journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pa...s=1037645509099

Is there any additional information on their proposal - architects involved, strategy for the Pepper Bldg and Courthouse, etc? I googled the developer and went to dwsp.org but was unable to find any substantive information on the developer's proposal.

• 10 months later...

DA, did you get out there and take any pics?

Don Julio, where were they starting the demolition? :blink: I drove by tonight and there is no demo from what I could/can see. All there was was some gates blocking off access to the buildings on Fourth and that's it.

Archived