Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

97preludesh

New Office Highrise Coming

143 posts in this topic

As excited as I am to hear about this project, I must say I'm not surprised it would come after I post about Granger being the one that might develop on that property. I don't know if you all recall from the other day but I posted this

Conceptual Rendering of Property in the Future

Current Image of the Property.

A high rise at this location would greatly enhance Monroe Street and our downtown area. This would be a great addition to our skyline and I feel another Highpoint Center like project would fit in perfectly along Monroe. Many of the downtown merchants have stated they think the greatest eye soars downtown are the storefronts that sit empty... here's our chance to do something about it in a big way.

What are they waiting on? Get the shovels int he dirt and the towers in the air!

That makes my day... I cant wait to see what ideas they use for this lot!! what a view to the east, and from the east in that matter!... i am seriously giddy, The density improvement will be AWSOME!

TaureanJ and his foreshadowing I knew something was up with that FAMU rendering. Way to go Tally ho!

Nice to see Tallahassee included in the urban development experienced by other Florida cities like Miami, Tampa, St Pete, Orlando, Jax, Clearwater, Ft Lauderdale, WPB. It'll take a few years to realize, but it'll look and feel great when it's done. Congrats Tally!

That congrats makes me feel soooo good. Yes, I see a simiar pattern for us. Michael Wright, the Assistant City Manager over Economic Development, said on City Talk, he has led efforts to revitalize downtowns across america, namely the one in WPB. From what he says, our process is directly related to the one that occured to revitalize WBP which is exciting. They have a very nice downtown, vibrance wise, I'm looking forward to the next 5-10 years.

Yeah... west palm has nice downtown, complete with a publix. Ultimately, I think we'll get one downtown.

WHAT!!! You're kidding me?

publixsurfside013ox.jpg

This was taken by Aessotariq in Miami. Are you trying to say this is tacky?

Or Look at this one

p31104012rc.jpg

Each of these, I think would do well downtown... matter of fact. I think this second one would look good at the corner of Tennessee and Monroe.

We is not Miami and the rest of south florida. How is this going to fit in with our downtown? I guess what i am really asking what is our style here in Tallahassee? But that publix looks spiffy!

One of the great things about not having an established "look" is that anything goes! I don't think I heard you complaining about not being Miami when we discussed the Marriott at Rail Road and Gaines... suddenly its a problem?

I think the second publix, the one in Fort Lauderdale, would look great on any block... it has a universal urban design.

I still say go high on that corner though. I was hoping that was the new high rise site d'jour, but i will take anything! Lets just get high enough to enjoy the spectacular HIllsides!!

I'm not understanding all of that french vulgarity!!! This is america damnit!!

But I agree 100% with what I understand.

Murphy... have you seen any pictures of buildings that you would like to see on this spot... I have.

Think of the Tourist!!!!

proximity (walking) taltran, Greyhound, FSU, Kleman, COP, Leon Highschool and historic district, French town, and everything else in DT. but also a short drive to both malls (there is not a better location in DT for both) 27n to lake jackson/burial monds, monroe south to airport/ museaum nat hist/ wakulla springs, Tennesse to Mission SanLuis, Mahan to I-10 exit-o-fun, Monroe to thomasville rd and all the fun there. People would melt! plus, easy direction from I-10. Let do it. 20 story HOTEL as we discussed earlier. And if we could get a spire, i would be happiest as happy were happy!

From Newport News Va I saw this building and fell in love. We need something similar to this IMO on this spot:

residential_condos_drawing.jpg

Its only 18 stories, but it looks alot taller than that. It has that modern glass look to it, that I like, but its not overboard.... and like the homes I love, it has a curve.

One of the great things about not having an established "look" is that anything goes! I don't think I heard you complaining about not being Miami when we discussed the Marriott at Rail Road and Gaines... suddenly its a problem?

I think the second publix, the one in Fort Lauderdale, would look great on any block... it has a universal urban design.

I was so defintely talking about the first pic. It is Miami and the rest of South Florida it wouldn't match with the style our downtown is. Matter of fact the Marriot Hotel will not have the palm trees and all the other exotic plants of that part of Florida. The landscaping is going to match the environment of Tallahassee. So now I am wondering how all the freaky deeky colors and the oaks, and magnolia's are going to deal with each other. O we'll just have to wait and see.

I was so defintely talking about the first pic. It is Miami and the rest of South Florida it wouldn't match with the style our downtown is. Matter of fact the Marriot Hotel will not have the palm trees and all the other exotic plants of that part of Florida. The landscaping is going to match the environment of Tallahassee. So now I am wondering how all the freaky deeky colors and the oaks, and magnolia's are going to deal with each other. O we'll just have to wait and see.

Could we not have the same building with a Tallahassee Color Scheme?

^Sure we can! What would you describe Tallahassee's color scheme. I see it as this earthy color. Something between brown and a dark red.