New Office Highrise Coming

97preludesh

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As excited as I am to hear about this project, I must say I'm not surprised it would come after I post about Granger being the one that might develop on that property. I don't know if you all recall from the other day but I posted this

Conceptual Rendering of Property in the Future

Current Image of the Property.

A high rise at this location would greatly enhance Monroe Street and our downtown area. This would be a great addition to our skyline and I feel another Highpoint Center like project would fit in perfectly along Monroe. Many of the downtown merchants have stated they think the greatest eye soars downtown are the storefronts that sit empty... here's our chance to do something about it in a big way.

That congrats makes me feel soooo good. Yes, I see a simiar pattern for us. Michael Wright, the Assistant City Manager over Economic Development, said on City Talk, he has led efforts to revitalize downtowns across america, namely the one in WPB. From what he says, our process is directly related to the one that occured to revitalize WBP which is exciting. They have a very nice downtown, vibrance wise, I'm looking forward to the next 5-10 years.

One of the great things about not having an established "look" is that anything goes! I don't think I heard you complaining about not being Miami when we discussed the Marriott at Rail Road and Gaines... suddenly its a problem?

I think the second publix, the one in Fort Lauderdale, would look great on any block... it has a universal urban design.

Think of the Tourist!!!!

proximity (walking) taltran, Greyhound, FSU, Kleman, COP, Leon Highschool and historic district, French town, and everything else in DT. but also a short drive to both malls (there is not a better location in DT for both) 27n to lake jackson/burial monds, monroe south to airport/ museaum nat hist/ wakulla springs, Tennesse to Mission SanLuis, Mahan to I-10 exit-o-fun, Monroe to thomasville rd and all the fun there. People would melt! plus, easy direction from I-10. Let do it. 20 story HOTEL as we discussed earlier. And if we could get a spire, i would be happiest as happy were happy!

One of the great things about not having an established "look" is that anything goes! I don't think I heard you complaining about not being Miami when we discussed the Marriott at Rail Road and Gaines... suddenly its a problem?

I think the second publix, the one in Fort Lauderdale, would look great on any block... it has a universal urban design.

I was so defintely talking about the first pic. It is Miami and the rest of South Florida it wouldn't match with the style our downtown is. Matter of fact the Marriot Hotel will not have the palm trees and all the other exotic plants of that part of Florida. The landscaping is going to match the environment of Tallahassee. So now I am wondering how all the freaky deeky colors and the oaks, and magnolia's are going to deal with each other. O we'll just have to wait and see.

I was so defintely talking about the first pic. It is Miami and the rest of South Florida it wouldn't match with the style our downtown is. Matter of fact the Marriot Hotel will not have the palm trees and all the other exotic plants of that part of Florida. The landscaping is going to match the environment of Tallahassee. So now I am wondering how all the freaky deeky colors and the oaks, and magnolia's are going to deal with each other. O we'll just have to wait and see.

Could we not have the same building with a Tallahassee Color Scheme?

Archived