New Office Highrise Coming

97preludesh

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The renderings are always appreciated T-man. That new bldg. is gonna look odd sitting between the two old yellow brick bldgs. Too bad they weren't able to acquire the AFL/CIO property and build out to the corner.

In the spirit of the season, two things I've thankful for from this disappointing project:

It's better than the emptiness that is there now.

The rendering isn't showing a fugly A/C unit on top. Let's hope it stays that way. :)

Commissioner Katz worked so hard to get the height ceiling raised to 110 ft for this parcel of land, but all we get is a project that's more suitable for Park Avenue (eyeroll and headshake). This is just a renovation of the existing structures on this site and Tallahassee sure won't see a downtown skyline develop from this.

I feel your point exactly Seminole. While I'm not going to give Katz all the credit for increasing the height limits downtown, I think Maddox, Billings, and Bailey had a lot to do with this also, Katz did come up with a compromise. You're right, this is a waste of valuable space along a main corridor downtown. Especially in a area already zoned for 110'. I'd like to see this put on hold until the developer comes to their senses.

I feel your point exactly Seminole. While I'm not going to give Katz all the credit for increasing the height limits downtown, I think Maddox, Billings, and Bailey had a lot to do with this also, Katz did come up with a compromise. You're right, this is a waste of valuable space along a main corridor downtown. Especially in a area already zoned for 110'. I'd like to see this put on hold until the developer comes to their senses.

• 1 month later...

I am still not sure what you guys/gals dont like about this Design. I like the two tone look. I also like the Brick work and think it will mix in nice with what we already have. The only thing I dont like it the Metal Railing. To me it looks like a scaled down version of the Tallahassee Game Day Center (Or What ever its called now) but with out the Arches.

Meh... But what do I know I am usually full of Crap.

I am still not sure what you guys/gals dont like about this Design. I like the two tone look. I also like the Brick work and think it will mix in nice with what we already have. The only thing I dont like it the Metal Railing. To me it looks like a scaled down version of the Tallahassee Game Day Center (Or What ever its called now) but with out the Arches.

Mracca, ina ll actuality, the design is quite nice and looks great, but why me and others on this board were disappointed because of the lack of height or density. We think something far more impressive height wise could go here, 5 stories isnt cutting it for us who want a downtown filled with taller buildings, especially a prime piece of property such as this.

• 2 months later...

Archived