Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uptownliving

Levine Children's Hospital

62 posts in this topic

It was annouced today that Carolinas Medical Center would like to build a new 200+

bed Children's Hospital...below is the rendering, pretty kewl, ehh?

Becasue this is being built on the Kings Drive side of the Hospital I don't think there

will be much protest...if this were being built on the Kennilworth Side there would

have been protest.

CMC pineville is about to under go a renovation/construction that will TRIPLE its total

space. this hasnt been announced, but you heard it here first. :)

Now that's nice but I don't think it ties in to theRush S. Dickson very well but it's a nice building though

Wow. That is quite an add on! I like the design....it's unique. Actually now it kinda reminds me of my school, but taller. LOL.

gosh, after looking back at this thread, it is waay old (lol, everyone seems to have been banned :unsure: ).

Anyway, here is the link about the hospital:

http://www.levinechildrenshospital.org/

and here is the rendering

main-Rendering2.gif

according to the website, this project is going to serve a 28-county region surrounding charlotte.

One of the more interesting new buildings in Charlotte.

Funny, have you ever noticed how (regardless of year built), hospital additons never follow the architectual style of earlier hospital campus buildings? Doesn't matter which city you go to, they're always different.

One of the more interesting new buildings in Charlotte. 

Funny, have you ever noticed how (regardless of year built), hospital additons never follow the architectual style of earlier hospital campus buildings?  Doesn't matter which city you go to,  they're always different.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is true. in some cases it is a crying shame, because it detracts from the campus feel of the hospital, and it some cases the additions are really ugly. in this case, it seems to allude to the original hospital with its greenish glass, but otherwise, i agree it is pretty interesting in design.

It'll look out on the little sugar creek greenway, so when it is done, it'll have a nice front yard.

gosh, after looking back at this thread, it is waay old (lol, everyone seems to have been banned  :unsure: ).

Anyway,  here is the link about the hospital:

http://www.levinechildrenshospital.org/

and here is the rendering

main-Rendering2.gif

according to the website, this project is going to serve a 28-county region surrounding charlotte.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love the way it's gonna look, glassy and colorful.. great design and it'll mask some of the uglyness of the medical center haha

it also appears to have a roof-top park, which is very cool and LEEDy of them.

I dunno, the design is so, so different from the rest of CMC, it just I dunno how it goes witwh the rest of the building, its like 6000 Fairview meets Bell South Switch building with a hint of mint and a splash of trees, its just whatever, I think it was hersheys that said change is good.

... but O is the perfect complement to X.

tic-tac-toe

hugs and kisses (back to hershey's)

and the mesopotamian discovery of the OX-pulled plow helped spark civilization.

it is also the basis of the our city's design, cross-roads and loops.

:)

... but O is the perfect complement to X.

tic-tac-toe

hugs and kisses (back to hershey's)

and the mesopotamian discovery of the OX-pulled plow helped spark civilization.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quoted, because that deserves to be read twice.

have any of you guys seen the cranes next to the main tower of CMC? is that the children's hospital being constructed before fundraising is done... or is there another project there?

This is the children's hospital that is U/C....though they are also going to add a few floors to the surgery tower (i'm not sure if this has begun).

Here is an updated photo of the construction taken from the Sugar Creek Greenway yesterday (Sunday, November 5th, 2006):

post-1-1162821983_thumb.jpg

post-1-1162821983_thumb.jpg

Don't know if everyone has seen the "new" renderings for what this hospital will look like. They are a slight change from what was posted earlier. I like the "high tech" feel of this new wing.

Click the pic for a larger image

RenderingImage-main.gif