Levine Children's Hospital

uptownliving

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just one more update in case some haven't seen it yet. The reflective colored glass ends are up, the crane is down and this project looks great. Crappy sun, but you can still see the color. They are still working on the base, but it has the same skylights in the overhang to light up the sidewalks.

6-21-07

original.jpg

While it's nice to have it trendy and stylish, I look at it and just see all of the wasted space there in that opening where they are supposed to hang some artwork, according to the drawings. How many more rooms could they have put there to increase the capacity and be able to treat more children?

Well the sun was behind a cloud and low in the sky. When its high over head or earlier in the day that hole is filled with color. Then it really looks amazing. Considering its a childrens hospital, I think adding the different colors to the building was a great idea, not to mention one of a kind in Charlotte.

I'll try to get a shot one of these days when the sun is at a better angle.

While it's nice to have it trendy and stylish, I look at it and just see all of the wasted space there in that opening where they are supposed to hang some artwork, according to the drawings. How many more rooms could they have put there to increase the capacity and be able to treat more children?

While I do believe this is quite the project, I am a little disappointed with the blandness of the interior walls of the cut in the building. Additionally, I seem to remember drawings including a natural area, maybe that is still part of the plan. I just don't see how it is possible with floor heights only around 10-12 feet, and the complete inability to truely root any plants in the little amount of soil that could be brought up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived