Myers Ranch Development in Rogers

mcheiss

Well, today Upscale Companies announced today that they intended to develop 20 acres off Dodson Road in Rogers into a massive multi-use development.

This development will incorporate the Texas Hill country with the Beauty of the Rocky Mountains along with a massive Urban emphasis. So far, Upscale Companies has released that they intend to build:

1) Seven Story- 120 room upscale 4-star hotel.

2) One to two, 5-12 story upscale condominium towers

3) Two, two-story Mixed use buildings

4) 3 1/2 story building facing Myers Ranch Blvd. will contain 15,000 sq. ft

Along with several other Retail, Office, and Restaurant buildings that incorporate the "Urban Feel" with the beauty of Texas Hill Country and Rocky Mountains themes.

Overall total build-out would include 680,000 square feet of building space and cost between $50 million and $60 million.

This next to PInnacle HIlls Development is probably the biggest Urban feel project announced in Benton County!

Here's a link to Upscale Companies website:

http://www.upscalecompanies.com/myersranch.html

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, today Upscale Companies announced today that they intended to develop 20 acres off Dodson Road in Rogers into a massive multi-use development.

This development will incorporate the Texas Hill country with the Beauty of the Rocky Mountains along with a massive Urban emphasis. So far, Upscale Companies has released that they intend to build:

Along with several other Retail, Office, and Restaurant buildings that incorporate the "Urban Feel" with the beauty of Texas Hill Country and Rocky Mountains themes.

Overall total build-out would include 680,000 square feet of building space and cost between $50 million and $60 million.

This next to PInnacle HIlls Development is probably the biggest Urban feel project announced in Benton County!

Interesting. Nice to see a development like this in the area. Although it seems a little odd going for a Texas Hill County/Rocky Mtn theme. I'm also glad to see someone with a website. I've been disappointed so far hearing about these developments and then no one ever bothers to set up a website. I'm still looking for a picture for the former Mountain Inn project here in Fayetteville. I'm interested in seeing what Rogers is going to look like in say 5 to 10 year.

I actually just found out that in Rogers, 4-(3) Story Buildings Multi-use buildings are being planned behind the Scottsdale Center in Rogers inbetween a 50,000 square foot expansion of Belk Department Store.

The Shopps at Pinnacle Hills, directly across from the Future Pinnacle Promenade, is to include a 4 story, 108,000 square feet of multi-use building, along with Two more buildings which will have 40,000 square feet of space. Each will make the first floor available for lease to retail tenants. The second floor will be "executive apartments."

Altogether the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills should include:

1) 120,000-square-foot John Q. Hammons Center

2) 152 room expansion on Embassy Suites Hotel, making 402 hotel rooms all together in the Embassy Suites!!!

3) 4 story office/ mixed use building

4) 2 (2) story mixed used buildings

5) 3 story Parkway Bank Building

6) Fuddruckers

7) Blakeman's Jewlery/ Warren's Shoes (Complete)

8) Marketplace Express (Complete)

9) First Western Bank

10) 6-story JB Hunt Parkway Tower (Complete)

Mith can you tell me of any mixed-use projects happening in Fayetteville or Washington County?

I actually just found out that in Rogers, 4-(3) Story Buildings Multi-use buildings are being planned behind the Scottsdale Center in Rogers inbetween a 50,000 square foot expansion of Belk Department Store.

The Shopps at Pinnacle Hills, directly across from the Future Pinnacle Promenade, is to include a 4 story, 108,000 square feet of multi-use building, along with Two more buildings which will have 40,000 square feet of space. Each will make the first floor available for lease to retail tenants. The second floor will be "executive apartments."

Altogether the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills should include:

1) 120,000-square-foot John Q. Hammons Center

2) 152 room expansion on Embassy Suites Hotel, making 402 hotel rooms all together in the Embassy Suites!!!

3) 4 story office/ mixed use building

4) 2 (2) story mixed used buildings

5) 3 story Parkway Bank Building

6) Fuddruckers

7) Blakeman's Jewlery/ Warren's Shoes (Complete)

8) Marketplace Express (Complete)

9) First Western Bank

Mith can you tell me of any mixed-use projects happening in Fayetteville or Washington County?

I remember hearing about that and I forgot to post it a while back. As far as mixed-use projects in Fayetteville, there are some but none of them seem to have hardly any info on the internet. I've had to get most of this info from the local news or newpapers. Most of them seem to be happening around the Dickson St and Square area. The most recent is one between Underwood's and Qdoba on Dickson. There's one not too far north of Dickson and also some around the Square and the former Mountain Inn area. Most of them haven't given many specifics yet. There's also some development at the old railroad station between the railroad tracks and the 'train' bank on Dickson but I'm not sure if it's going to be a mixed-use project. There was some talk of Haagen Daz and another shop going in. I think there also might be some apartments or condos involved but not positive on that.

One Mixed use project that I know about in Fayetteville is the Legacy Building, a 117,000-square-foot mixed-use building on Watson Street. It will include 37 condominiums, two penthouse suites and retail and restaurant space, along with a Mason's.

There's two that I have heard about in Bentonville. The first is two- and three-story red brick buildings along the corners of Southwest A and Eighth streets. The buildings will house offices, retail stores and apartments.

And the other is Bentonville Plaza. So far only one building has been completed on the Plaza which is a Nine story Office Building that includes a Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, yet it is supposed to also have:

1) Two Additional Nine Story Office Buildings

2) 300 or so room Hotel

3) Restaurant of some kind

I've also heard that The Barber Group,(The Same group working on the Legacy Building in Fayetteville) is looking for locations to build mixed-use projects in Rogers, possibly around New Hope Road, Pinnacle Hills, or Perry Road areas.

WTF? I hate you northwest Arkansas. Too much money :rofl:

Unfortunately, these projects are not being coordinated....so no urban core will exist :-(

One Mixed use project that I know about in Fayetteville is the Legacy Building, a 117,000-square-foot mixed-use building on Watson Street. It will include 37 condominiums, two penthouse suites and retail and restaurant space, along with a Mason's.

Yeah okay that's the one I was trying to remember and never got around to looking it up again. That's the one that will be a bit north of Dickson St.

Unfortunately, these projects are not being coordinated....so no urban core will exist :-(

That's true, it's too bad you're planning on going to college out of state Johnny. If you came to the U of A you could see all this going on for yourself. :P

Actually, many more developers such as the Pinnacle Group have gotten together to solve problems such as zoning and communication problems between cities like Rogers and Bentonville. If you take a drive along I-540 through Rogers and Bentonville, you'll see clusters of Multi-story buildings popping up, proposed large-scale buildings, and red dirt for miles, indicating a shift in building patterns somewhat in Benton County. I agree that a true urban core for Northwest ARkansas will not exist simply because the economies for all 4 cities are spread across the area. But I do believe the cities are working somewhat more together, at least Roges and Bentonville to give the area more of an urban area image instead of an eyesore.

^_^

Actually, many more developers such as the Pinnacle Group have gotten together to solve problems such as zoning and communication problems between cities like Rogers and Bentonville. If you take a drive along I-540 through Rogers and Bentonville, you'll see clusters of Multi-story buildings popping up, proposed large-scale buildings, and red dirt for miles, indicating a shift in building patterns somewhat in Benton County. I agree that a true urban core for Northwest ARkansas will not exist simply because the economies for all 4 cities are spread across the area. But I do believe the cities are working somewhat more together, at least Roges and Bentonville to give the area more of an urban area image instead of an eyesore.

^_^

I do think that Rogers has done a better job. At first I think they were willing to okay anything to get developments in Benton County, because everyone in Benton County had to come down to Fayetteville to 'do stuff'. But even though people and cities might be working together more I also agree that a true urban core isn't likely to happen or at least not for a long time. Maybe if population growth keeps going as much as some predict I could see eventually people looking more into building up more.

Ugh. That is honestly a hideous development. Why is something in Arkansas being designed in the style of Texas Hill Country and Rocky Mountain architecture? How ironic, the website says "Myers Ranch will be truly unique..." Yeah, just like the thousands of other themed projects! Also it comes across as very cheap looking. I don't know what's a good price for square footage, but just for a comparison, The Promenade at Chenal in Little Rock will be 480,000 square feet and cost $75 million. Here's a link to it. Edit: the link doesn't lead directly to the project. Scroll down on the "Quick Property Locator."

This got me thinking; there are quite a few of these type things planned for the Little Rock area. I know one is planned for Otter Creek; one called Pleasant Ridge Town Center will be getting a Parisian, Arkansas' first non-Dillard's department store; there's also something planned for North Little Rock called The Shoppes at North Hills, which is to include a Bass Pro Shop, but I haven't heard anything on it in a while. The Democrat-Gazette occasionally runs stories keeping tabs on all the plans, but I haven't kept up.

The thing I don't like about these projects is that they scrape the land bare, and they don't have that "urban feel" that they claim. It just feels like a modern suburban shopping center.

Ugh. That is honestly a hideous development. Why is something in Arkansas being designed in the style of Texas Hill Country and Rocky Mountain architecture? How ironic, the website says "Myers Ranch will be truly unique..." Yeah, just like the thousands of other themed projects! Also it comes across as very cheap looking. I don't know what's a good price for square footage, but just for a comparison, The Promenade at Chenal in Little Rock will be 480,000 square feet and cost $75 million. Here's a link to it. Edit: the link doesn't lead directly to the project. Scroll down on the "Quick Property Locator."

This got me thinking; there are quite a few of these type things planned for the Little Rock area. I know one is planned for Otter Creek; one called Pleasant Ridge Town Center will be getting a Parisian, Arkansas' first non-Dillard's department store; there's also something planned for North Little Rock called The Shoppes at North Hills, which is to include a Bass Pro Shop, but I haven't heard anything on it in a while. The Democrat-Gazette occasionally runs stories keeping tabs on all the plans, but I haven't kept up.

The thing I don't like about these projects is that they scrape the land bare, and they don't have that "urban feel" that they claim. It just feels like a modern suburban shopping center.

I do like The Promenade at Chenal looks nice, but I don't think the Myers Ranch development looks hideous. I wish I could get better looks. I've seen a number of developments that don't end up looking quite like they did in the presentation sketches and such. They're also building a Parisian store in Rogers, although I'm not sure which one will be first or if they are basically being built at the same time.

Now I do see arguments about it being an 'urban' development when it doesn't seem to be going with that theme. I don't think it looks that bad, but I do still wonder why they chose a Texas Hill Country theme. To be honest I'm not even sure what that is. All I know about the Texas Hill Country is that it's like a smaller drier version of the Ozarks perhaps. haven't bene there but I do know they had quite a few people of German and Czech ancestry there. Maybe it's an Americanized version of some of the old German architechture?

I just finished reading about another multi-use project going on in Benton County. Has anyone ever seen the Peachtree at the Lane building in Downtown Rogers? The Building, at Second and Poplar streets, was bought earlier this year by Ninety-second L.P. of New York. The company plans to spend between $3 million and $4 million to turn the building into into a "high-end" building featuring a restaurant, apartments, office space and retail.

The building is five-stories tall, has 40,000 square feet, 52 rooms and two elevators. Ninety-Second plans to turn the former cafeteria and ballroom on the first floor into an upscale restaurant.

The top two floors, where residents used to live, may be turned into exclusive apartments, while the two middle floors will become offices. There are also six street-level spaces that the owners want to lease to "well-established" retail tenants.

Peachtree has been empty since it closed as a retirement home in October 2003. Located at Second and Poplar streets, the former Lane Hotel was built in 1928 by S.A. Lane and is noted for its Spanish Colonial style.

Also, this building is located in the downtown part of Rogers, where the renevated building will correspond with the present architecture in downtown Rogers, showing some cooperation between developers and the city.

I just finished reading about another multi-use project going on in Benton County. Has anyone ever seen the Peachtree at the Lane building in Downtown Rogers? The Building, at Second and Poplar streets, was bought earlier this year by Ninety-second L.P. of New York. The company plans to spend between $3 million and $4 million to turn the building into into a "high-end" building featuring a restaurant, apartments, office space and retail.

The building is five-stories tall, has 40,000 square feet, 52 rooms and two elevators. Ninety-Second plans to turn the former cafeteria and ballroom on the first floor into an upscale restaurant.

The top two floors, where residents used to live, may be turned into exclusive apartments, while the two middle floors will become offices. There are also six street-level spaces that the owners want to lease to "well-established" retail tenants.

Peachtree has been empty since it closed as a retirement home in October 2003. Located at Second and Poplar streets, the former Lane Hotel was built in 1928 by S.A. Lane and is noted for its Spanish Colonial style.

Also, this building is located in the downtown part of Rogers, where the renevated building will correspond with the present architecture in downtown Rogers, showing some cooperation between developers and the city.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the building, but sounds like an interesting development and it's nice that the building is being saved. I can't say I know what it looks like but the style sounds interesting. Sounds like there's some nice mixed-use developments really coming into the area.

Has anyone heard of any multi-use developments in Fort Smith or Hot Springs?

Unfortunately no, although I don't think that necessarily means nothing is going on. Most news seems to be dominated by central and northwest Arkansas. Johnny is from Hot Springs but since he's back in school he hasn't been around as much to keep us up to date with what's going on down there. We had a Ft Smith forumer show up for a couple of days but unfortunately never came back.

I've been meaning to ask where some of you Benton County guys have been getting your info from. I often hear news from you guys days before I see it mentioned anywhere else. Thanks for keeping us up to date and good job. :D

Unfortunately no, although I don't think that necessarily means nothing is going on. Most news seems to be dominated by central and northwest Arkansas. Johnny is from Hot Springs but since he's back in school he hasn't been around as much to keep us up to date with what's going on down there. We had a Ft Smith forumer show up for a couple of days but unfortunately never came back.

I've been meaning to ask where some of you Benton County guys have been getting your info from. I often hear news from you guys days before I see it mentioned anywhere else. Thanks for keeping us up to date and good job. :D

Thanks Mith

Usually, I get most of my info. from nwanews.com or arkansasbusiness.com. I also have a connection with Bill Schwyhart, and I watch 5 news a lot.

Thanks Mith

Usually, I get most of my info. from nwanews.com or arkansasbusiness.com. I also have a connection with Bill Schwyhart, and I watch 5 news a lot.

For a long time I didn't really watch 5 news, but I have noticed that they also are starting to focus more on northwest Arkansas. I still like KNWA because all they do is northwest Arkansas and not the River Valley area. But I do think they are more focused on Washington County than Benton County.

That is true about KNWA.

For me, 5 news provides more info about Benton County than anywhere else.

That's sorta surprising. I guess they found a good niche though. I do wish KNWA would start covering Benton County a little better. I do like KHOG and use to watch it the most, but a little too much info about the River Valley for me. I don't mind having some info from down there but I want more coverage of northwest Arkansas.

That's sorta surprising. I guess they found a good niche though. I do wish KNWA would start covering Benton County a little better. I do like KHOG and use to watch it the most, but a little too much info about the River Valley for me. I don't mind having some info from down there but I want more coverage of northwest Arkansas.

They did recently open an office in the J.B. Hunt Tower in Pinnacle Hills, so hopefully the can get more coverage of Benton County.

They did recently open an office in the J.B. Hunt Tower in Pinnacle Hills, so hopefully the can get more coverage of Benton County.

Ah, I guess I'm just used to the old 5 news where all they did was mainly focus on Ft Smith and Van Buren. But like I said good idea on their part.

Archived