Myers Ranch Development in Rogers

mcheiss

Sorry, I misled you there.

KNWA opened in office in Pinnacle Hills recently.

I see now. Okay I guess that was the 'big' news KNWA was hinting at for a while. I was out of town the day they kept talking about revealing some big news about KNWA. I never saw what they had talked about but now I know.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little of Topic.

What's going on in Conway.

Lately, All I hear about is new businesses, UCA, and such.

I heard that they were building a Starbucks there.

Anybody have anything about Conway?

I can't give you very much information, but they are doing very well. Faulkner County is the second-fastest growing county in Arkansas, and Conway is growing rapidly. Some projections show its population to be around 60,000 by 2010 and even 100,000 (the high-end is over 120,000) by 2030!

The town is still heavily a commuter town to Little Rock, but there are a lot of good things going on there. Downtown Conway is one of the best in Arkansas. Toad Suck Square is really doing well. UCA is growing very rapidly; they have a fall enrollment this year of 11,377, and will continue to grow more. Also, UCA is stepping up to Division I competition in all sports except football and recently accepted a bid to join the Southland Conference.

There is a Starbucks in the Target there, but I don't know if Conway is getting a free-standing one.

Does anyone have more to add?

I can't give you very much information, but they are doing very well. Faulkner County is the second-fastest growing county in Arkansas, and Conway is growing rapidly. Some projections show its population to be around 60,000 by 2010 and even 100,000 (the high-end is over 120,000) by 2030!

The town is still heavily a commuter town to Little Rock, but there are a lot of good things going on there. Downtown Conway is one of the best in Arkansas. Toad Suck Square is really doing well. UCA is growing very rapidly; they have a fall enrollment this year of 11,377, and will continue to grow more. Also, UCA is stepping up to Division I competition in all sports except football and recently accepted a bid to join the Southland Conference.

There is a Starbucks in the Target there, but I don't know if Conway is getting a free-standing one.

Does anyone have more to add?

I actually do,

A friend of mine told me that Starbucks was looking to building two new establishments in Conway other than the one in the Target.

The first proposed site is at 64th Street and Museum, the other site is at Highway 65 and O Bryant Steet.

Not sure if this is true, but he's a pretty reliable source.

I actually do,

A friend of mine told me that Starbucks was looking to building two new establishments in Conway other than the one in the Target.

The first proposed site is at 64th Street and Museum, the other site is at Highway 65 and O Bryant Steet.

Not sure if this is true, but he's a pretty reliable source.

Starbucks would do well in Conway because of the college crowd and overall young population. There are already good local coffee shops there; I hope they could stay successful. However, I wonder if a Starbucks would be acceptable to the Hendrix crowd? :wacko:

I just found out about another condo project happening in Rogers that has apparently started construction. It's called the Condos at the Peaks. Located at I-540 and Pleasant Grove Road on the West Side of I-540, construction on the project apparently began in early summer on the seven buildings with eight condominiums in each, for a total of 56 units. They range from 1,639 square feet to 2,955 square feet and will sell from $249,900 to $424,900.

Total cost is 6.5 million.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see the condo movement picking up steam in the area. And on the Conway topic, yes only Benton County has outdone Faulkner County.

It's true that the condo movement is picking up, but developers really aren't working together a lot to make all the mixed-use projects blending in with one another. The thing that scares me about development up here is that developers only see $$$. These condos are nice, but there in 2 story apartment style buildings. There are some developers like the Pinnacle Group, who are working together with other developers. I would rather have controlled blended growth than sporatic non-coordinated growth. Sorry to get off topic, had to get that off my chest. :D

It's true that the condo movement is picking up, but developers really aren't working together a lot to make all the mixed-use projects blending in with one another. The thing that scares me about development up here is that developers only see $$$. These condos are nice, but there in 2 story apartment style buildings. There are some developers like the Pinnacle Group, who are working together with other developers. I would rather have controlled blended growth than sporatic non-coordinated growth. Sorry to get off topic, had to get that off my chest. :D

I do agree with you on having a more contolled growth. I think this will become more important as time goes on up here in northwest Arkansas. The way some developments are done now could have big impacts on certain areas of northwest for the future. Fayetteville has been trying to do this, it is frustrating at times to lose certain businesses and such because of Fayetteville being 'picky' about it's growth. But down the road I think Fayetteville will be a much nicer city because of it. I think the same thing applies to Rogers. At first Rogers seemed willing to allow any development because they wanted what they could get and so people wouldn't always have to go to Washington County like they had to. But now that it's obvious there is going to be lots of development Rogers can now start being more picky on how and what gets done.

I do agree with you on having a more contolled growth. I think this will become more important as time goes on up here in northwest Arkansas. The way some developments are done now could have big impacts on certain areas of northwest for the future. Fayetteville has been trying to do this, it is frustrating at times to lose certain businesses and such because of Fayetteville being 'picky' about it's growth. But down the road I think Fayetteville will be a much nicer city because of it. I think the same thing applies to Rogers. At first Rogers seemed willing to allow any development because they wanted what they could get and so people wouldn't always have to go to Washington County like they had to. But now that it's obvious there is going to be lots of development Rogers can now start being more picky on how and what gets done.

Hopefully, Rogers can designate certain land for much higher uses and what and what not can be allowed in that land. As previous remarks have been made about the Myer's Ranch project, I think that this would be a great thing for the city, but land out there is surrounded by single family home's and such. If developers don't get together and form a designated "Downtown Urban Area", than I don't think one will ever form.

Hopefully, Rogers can designate certain land for much higher uses and what and what not can be allowed in that land. As previous remarks have been made about the Myer's Ranch project, I think that this would be a great thing for the city, but land out there is surrounded by single family home's and such. If developers don't get together and form a designated "Downtown Urban Area", than I don't think one will ever form.

I agree about needing a designated downtown area. Having all the new growth spread out over such a large area creates massive suburbia. A project like Myer's Ranch is not part of an organic urban area. When it's not in vogue anymore, there won't be any incentive to renovate it because it's isolated from an urban environment. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to just arbitrarily create a "downtown." This is really a unique problem. I can't think of another area so large without an urban center.

Now we also have to eventually get a better coordinated effort of growth between all of northwest Arkansas. Not sure if that will happen though. What city would agree to give up on some nice retail development and let another city have it because that land would be better suited for a regional sewage plant? That and I'm not sure if all of the cities want the same things. I think Rogers and Fayetteville are becomming closer in this aspect. I imagine Bentonville might not be too far away either. But I think Springdale is still in the phase of wanting anything it can get in it's city without any worries of any future repercussions.

Now we also have to eventually get a better coordinated effort of growth between all of northwest Arkansas. Not sure if that will happen though. What city would agree to give up on some nice retail development and let another city have it because that land would be better suited for a regional sewage plant? That and I'm not sure if all of the cities want the same things. I think Rogers and Fayetteville are becomming closer in this aspect. I imagine Bentonville might not be too far away either. But I think Springdale is still in the phase of wanting anything it can get in it's city without any worries of any future repercussions.

I wonder if an incorportion of the 4 cities plus Lowell and other towns in between the four big cities would help solve this problem. Growth and zoning wise to me, this is the best plan of action because then as a whole, we could designate land for Residential-Office, or certain areas for Industrial, and make a central area of land designated for Highway Commercial and Downtown. Otherwise, if something like an incorporation doesn't happen, then things such as zoning problems and "city rivalry and jealousy" is going to continue.

I wonder if an incorportion of the 4 cities plus Lowell and other towns in between the four big cities would help solve this problem. Growth and zoning wise to me, this is the best plan of action because then as a whole, we could designate land for Residential-Office, or certain areas for Industrial, and make a central area of land designated for Highway Commercial and Downtown. Otherwise, if something like an incorporation doesn't happen, then things such as zoning problems and "city rivalry and jealousy" is going to continue.

I agree with you, but I'm not sure if it will happen though. I wonder if trying to start off with something like a Bentonville-Rogers merger and a Fayetteville-Springdale merger and then working from there would help any. Although I'm not sure if many people in Fayetteville would like to be merged with Springdale. I don't mean to slam Springdale or anything but it seems to be different compared to the other northwest Arkansas cities. It's known more almost as a bedroom community and a blue collar, working class type city. Cheaper place to live but not necessarily a whole lot to do there. But having some smaller mergers might be better to start the process than trying to unite all of the cities at once. I'm not sure if a Bentonville-Rogers merger is likely to happen either.

I guess we're getting a little off-topic...

As far a merger, I don't see it happening for a long time. Even if it did, what do you call it? I think the cities just need to work together a little more.

As far as an urban core. You know, I actually see it happening in Lowell. There's already a lot of stuff, such as the JB Hunt building, etc. Plus, I believe the 412 bypass is going to go by near there. Just a thought.

I guess we're getting a little off-topic...

As far a merger, I don't see it happening for a long time. Even if it did, what do you call it? I think the cities just need to work together a little more.

As far as an urban core. You know, I actually see it happening in Lowell. There's already a lot of stuff, such as the JB Hunt building, etc. Plus, I believe the 412 bypass is going to go by near there. Just a thought.

True, I have heard people referring to it as a geographical center of the population here in northwest Arkansas. Although I think it's going to have to grow a lot more to become much of an urban core.

Since we have already gotten off topic and I didn't want to start another topic to mention this. Has anyone heard about a stage being built in Rogers? Something about an outdoor stage around the Frisco Park area. Sounds like they'd have to partially close one of the nearby streets. But I didn't hear whcih street it was. Not positive if this will be something similar to the Arkansas Music Pavilion here in Fayetteville.

I agree with you, but I'm not sure if it will happen though. I wonder if trying to start off with something like a Bentonville-Rogers merger and a Fayetteville-Springdale merger and then working from there would help any. Although I'm not sure if many people in Fayetteville would like to be merged with Springdale. I don't mean to slam Springdale or anything but it seems to be different compared to the other northwest Arkansas cities. It's known more almost as a bedroom community and a blue collar, working class type city. Cheaper place to live but not necessarily a whole lot to do there. But having some smaller mergers might be better to start the process than trying to unite all of the cities at once. I'm not sure if a Bentonville-Rogers merger is likely to happen either.

I think your idea on merger's is what should happen. I think that a Rogers-Bentonville merger could happen, since they could see what benefits, (Turn back funds, etc) could happen. Also, more control would happen on streets and water-usage.

I think your idea on merger's is what should happen. I think that a Rogers-Bentonville merger could happen, since they could see what benefits, (Turn back funds, etc) could happen. Also, more control would happen on streets and water-usage.

If a merger were to take place it's probably the one most likely to occur. I think the differences in Springdale and Fayetteville could really hurt chances there. I do think that perhaps Springdale will get over the hump and establish itself as more than just a place to buy a cheap house. But Springdale's current layout and zoning aren't going to help things along.

If we did merge, we would be even more on the map than as four mid-sized cities. Prehaps even more companies and growth could come as a result.

True, I do think we could get noticed more. Now that I'm thinking about it has four cities ever merged like this before? All I've ever heard about are mainly just two cities. I'm not sure if it would ever happen but I do think having one large city instead of four smaller cities would tend to be noticed more.

True, I do think we could get noticed more. Now that I'm thinking about it has four cities ever merged like this before? All I've ever heard about are mainly just two cities. I'm not sure if it would ever happen but I do think having one large city instead of four smaller cities would tend to be noticed more.

I'm not sure if it has ever happened.

I know that Helena and West Helena are merging right now, but there about the only cities I can think of. If we did have that kind of a merger though, people would look at a city of 250,000 in Arkansas and think WOW.

I'm not sure if it has ever happened.

I know that Helena and West Helena are merging right now, but there about the only cities I can think of. If we did have that kind of a merger though, people would look at a city of 250,000 in Arkansas and think WOW.

I was thinking there was another area that was somewhat similar to northwest Arkansas in having four cities all in one metro. Seemed like it was somewhere in the midwest but I'm drawing a blank now. As appealing as the idea is of having one unified city up here I just have a hard time seeing it happen. Especially if you're talking about four cities and perhaps even some smaller cities and towns being involved.

I was thinking there was another area that was somewhat similar to northwest Arkansas in having four cities all in one metro. Seemed like it was somewhere in the midwest but I'm drawing a blank now. As appealing as the idea is of having one unified city up here I just have a hard time seeing it happen. Especially if you're talking about four cities and perhaps even some smaller cities and towns being involved.

The only place in the midwest that has four big cities that I can think of is the Quad Cities in Illinois. The cities of Davenport, Moline/ East Moline, Bettendorf, and Rock Island.

The only place in the midwest that has four big cities that I can think of is the Quad Cities in Illinois. The cities of Davenport, Moline/ East Moline, Bettendorf, and Rock Island.

Ah, maybe that's what I was thinking of. Not sure how large they are or if they compare well with northwest Arkansas. But it does look like there are some other areas that develop a bit like northwest Arkansas.

Ah, maybe that's what I was thinking of. Not sure how large they are or if they compare well with northwest Arkansas. But it does look like there are some other areas that develop a bit like northwest Arkansas.

Not very many places in the United States are like Northwest Arkansas.

It's like we are a giant suburb without the downtown big city.

Archived