Myers Ranch Development in Rogers

mcheiss

Recent update on the Myers Ranch website:

September 2006

Construction of the entry feature is well under way and should be done by the end of September.

Upscale Companies has been approved for a 155 unit upscale full service hotel to be built on Lot 3 of Myers Ranch.

Bank of the Ozarks is complete to the north of the development.

"J" Street north of Walton is under construction to five lanes.

The 250 unit "Big House" Apartments on the adjoining lot being built are in site-work.

I have a question. You said ""J Street north of Walton is under construction to five lanes." I was just curious, but what does J Street have to do with the Myers Ranch as they're quite a few miles apart?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question. You said ""J Street north of Walton is under construction to five lanes." I was just curious, but what does J Street have to do with the Myers Ranch as they're quite a few miles apart?

J Street turns into Dodson Road once it goes into Rogers. Dodson Road is going to be a primary road on this development. So, in a way, the widening of J Street is a development in the Myers Ranch Development.

J Street turns into Dodson Road once it goes into Rogers. Dodson Road is going to be a primary road on this development. So, in a way, the widening of J Street is a development in the Myers Ranch Development.

Cool. I didn't realize J Street connected with Rogers. That means there will be good connectivity between Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville and Myers Ranch in Rogers. Sort of.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got an invitation in the mail to a groundbreaking at Myer's Ranch on October 25th at 10:30 AM, including Mayor Steve Womack, Raymond Burns, Paul Myer, a chuckwagon lunch and live music and entertainment. The map shows a Sheraton hotel of 155 rooms on Lot 3.

Cool, if you go I'm sure we'd all appreciate an update. That reminds me maybe at some point we can get Matt to go by and take pics at some future date. Out of a lot of the projects in Rogers this is probably the one I know the least about.

I'll try to take some this weekend.

Good to hear that groundbreaking is coming. I won't be able to attend b/c of work. BTW, the hotel is suppose to be 7 Floors. I'm glad to hear that it's a Sheraton. The site of the Embassy Suites Expansion was planned to be a Sheraton about 5 years ago, until the idea was dropped.

I went out to Myer's Ranch on Saturday. I must say that I like the location, but I'm still angered over the fact that this will be a stupid themed develolpment. At night, the buildings will look impressive along Walton/Walnut and I-540, since you won't be able to see all the "Hill Country". Anyway, here's some pics. It looks like the only things done so far are the overhead sign and site work.

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

I have to totally disagree with you on this one, Matt. I LOVE the ranch theme. The pics of the entrance are awesome, IMO. I'm probably biased, because this is the absolute favorite style of my husband and I. Our house looks like a big cabin, with cedar siding, river rock around the foundation, log and stone accents throughout. We'd love to move to Colorado or Montana someday. I guess it's all a matter of personal taste. And I realize, you may just be opposed to themes when it comes to retail/office developments. Anyway, I think it's cool, and I can't wait to see the rest of it. To each his own, right?

They should have some nice restaurants and retail, plus some good towers. I guess I would have preferred to see this development somewhere near the Lake. That site off Dodson road could be used much better, IMO. It is still better than a monotinous office park, like Fountian Plaza which is next door.

There was an article in Arkansas Business that mentions that Myers Ranch is going to be on 18.47 acres and will include The Sheraton hotel along with five lots of office, restaurant and retail space. The Sheraton is going to take up 5.55 acres of the development. It is planned to be five floors with 155 rooms, instead of the 7 floors we had previously heard about (according to Arkansas Business). So far, two of the five remaining lots have been sold and will be a 15,000 SF building and an 8,000 SF building. The tenants have not made available to the public. The entire development will be valued at $100 million upon build out. The construction cost of the hotel is projected to be about $14 million, but should appraise between $20 million and $22 million when completed in the summer of 2008. The odd thing about this is that it makes no mention to the 12 Floor condo towers that are suppose to be included. I'm sure they are still included, but it's weird that they only mentioned a Sheraton Hotel and some outparcel space.

I can't wait to see how this turns out, and I like the sound of the statues. I know the theme is going to seem out of place here, but man, when it's done right, it's fantastic. There are few places on earth I'd rather be than Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Has anyone else been there, on the square, and seen the arches on each of the four corners which are made entirely of antlers? So cool.

There definitely is a fine line between cowboy/hillbilly cheesiness, and lodge/western chic, but if you can stay on the right side of the line, the look is awesome. I know I'm one of the few who support this idea, but trust me, there will be many people who agree with me. Look at all the movie stars who have log mansions in Wyoming and Montana.

I can't wait to see how this turns out, and I like the sound of the statues. I know the theme is going to seem out of place here, but man, when it's done right, it's fantastic. There are few places on earth I'd rather be than Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Has anyone else been there, on the square, and seen the arches on each of the four corners which are made entirely of antlers? So cool.

There definitely is a fine line between cowboy/hillbilly cheesiness, and lodge/western chic, but if you can stay on the right side of the line, the look is awesome. I know I'm one of the few who support this idea, but trust me, there will be many people who agree with me. Look at all the movie stars who have log mansions in Wyoming and Montana.

Archived