Bikes, Blues, & BBQ Festival

Mith242

While perusing the Bikes, Blues and BBQ website I noticed a MAJOR typo as follows:

"Located in Northwest Arkansas in the Ozark Mountains, Fayetteville, home of the University of Arkansas, enjoys a thriving economy and a vivacious atmosphere. From Dickson Street nightlife to Farmer's Market on the square, Fayetteville is big on personality with much to experience, yet has the intimate feel of a small town. There is mething for everyone; Fayetteville is the perfect place to relax or re-energize. It is easy to see why Fayetteville has been named by Money Magazine as the "Best Place to Live Today.""

Ugh! How could they let that slip through... I've sent an email to their webmaster.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While perusing the Bikes, Blues and BBQ website I noticed a MAJOR typo as follows:

"Located in Northwest Arkansas in the Ozark Mountains, Fayetteville, home of the University of Arkansas, enjoys a thriving economy and a vivacious atmosphere. From Dickson Street nightlife to Farmer's Market on the square, Fayetteville is big on personality with much to experience, yet has the intimate feel of a small town. There is mething for everyone; Fayetteville is the perfect place to relax or re-energize. It is easy to see why Fayetteville has been named by Money Magazine as the "Best Place to Live Today.""

Ugh! How could they let that slip through... I've sent an email to their webmaster.

There may be some truth behind that!

:lol: Now come on are all of you trying to say you guys have never heard of the word mething. But seriously it is a bit odd that something like that wasn't caught. :D

methinks I just wasted about 5 minutes looking up the word "mething". methinks again that it would not be kosher for 300,000 people to be riding in on Harley's expecting to have that kind of a good time. :lol:

Hey, could you post the exact URL to where that typo is? My wife is pretty involved with the project and she'll get it fixed on Monday, but we couldn't find the spot where that info was.

Hey, could you post the exact URL to where that typo is? My wife is pretty involved with the project and she'll get it fixed on Monday, but we couldn't find the spot where that info was.

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/about.html

Scroll down a little (just under the picture of all the bikes lining Dickson Street)

Setting: Fayetteville,

Arkansas

Located in Northwest Arkansas in the Ozark

Mountains, Fayetteville, home of the University

of Arkansas, enjoys a thriving economy and a

vivacious atmosphere. From Dickson Street

nightlife to Farmer's Market on the square,

Fayetteville is big on personality with much to

experience, yet has the intimate feel of a small

town. There is mething for everyone;

Fayetteville is the perfect place to relax or re-

energize. It is easy to see why Fayetteville has

been named by Money Magazine as the "Best

Place to Live Today."

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/about.html

Scroll down a little (just under the picture of all the bikes lining Dickson Street)

Setting: Fayetteville,

Arkansas

Located in Northwest Arkansas in the Ozark

Mountains, Fayetteville, home of the University

of Arkansas, enjoys a thriving economy and a

vivacious atmosphere. From Dickson Street

nightlife to Farmer's Market on the square,

Fayetteville is big on personality with much to

experience, yet has the intimate feel of a small

town. There is mething for everyone;

Fayetteville is the perfect place to relax or re-

energize. It is easy to see why Fayetteville has

been named by Money Magazine as the "Best

Place to Live Today."

A funnier typo could have been Money Magazine coming out as Mount Magazine. :D

Okay, that's pretty damn funny.

The link should work... it works for me. But here's a visual of where it's at. The typo is highlighted in white.

Oh, I'm sorry...I worded my reply in a rather obtuse manner. I meant, I originally clicked on the "about" link and didn't see that, once you posted the info I found it right away. Sorry for the trouble.

Oh, I'm sorry...I worded my reply in a rather obtuse manner. I meant, I originally clicked on the "about" link and didn't see that, once you posted the info I found it right away. Sorry for the trouble.

No trouble at all. I thought maybe I was the only one seeing it, but now that it's all good I'm going to delete the picture as it's most likely copyrighted.

It appears that Bikes Blues BBQ has some company. Ride N Boogie was cancelled last year due to not having enough time to pull it off but it is on for this year. Sept 27-30 at Drake Field in Fayetteville. Mark Pryor, the director of BBBQ in 2004 is one of the main guys in this show. It is the same dates as the yearly BBBQ festival and will have music and vendors as well.

This was posted last year on the web:

We at the Fayetteville Municipal Airport, Drake Field, feel it important to express our most sincere appreciation to Shane Crawford and the staff of THE RIDE Magazine for their efforts in working toward the "Ride-n-Boogie" event at the airport to be held in Fayetteville, Arkansas the end of September. We have hosted similar events in the past in conjuction with the Fayetteville's annual Bikes Blues and Barbeque festival including the B.B. King concert in 2002, to huge success.

Unfortunately, we were unable to provide Shane quite enough time to pull the event together this year. It takes considerable lead time to get the necessary permits and contracts in place, which left Shane without sufficient time to line up vendors and properly promote the event. I know that Shane and his folks, given the time they need to do it right, will contribute significantly to the great environment created in Fayetteville for motorcycle enthusiasts of all stripes.

The Airport Board has agreed to postpone the lease agreement until 2006 which will give Shane the time needed to work "Ride -n- Boogie" through the process and contract the best in the industry to make the Drake Field venue the place to be in 2006. I know that you will agree, that if you don't do it right the first time, there won't be a next time. See you all at Drake Field in 2006!

Ray M. Boudreaux, Director Aviation & Economics Development

-----------------------------------------------------------

I will provide more information as it comes out.

Thanks for the info das. I was wondering just what the heck is Ride and Boogie all about so I looked for their website. www.Ride-n-Boogie.com The website doesn't have anything more than das posted, but it should be updated before BBB begins. It's great that Drake Field is included in Fayetteville's largest festival.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually less than a week, although I think some did come early. That and what some people also don't realize is that they raise a lot of money for charities also.

But did you know that they only give approx. $1500.00 to those that they pick? They make hundreds of thousands but only pay each of their charities up to $1500.00

I still hope that Ride N Boogie would work more in line with BBB. I admit I don't really know much about the event. But I've been given the impression this is being done against the event. But overall I think it's interesting to have both events here in the area. I'm hoping they can work together to bring in ever more people.

But did you know that they only give approx. $1500.00 to those that they pick? They make hundreds of thousands but only pay each of their charities up to $1500.00

That's just not true. Now, two years ago, the event lost money (the performers that they hired that year were very expensive and virtually no one went to the concerts...it was Blues Traveller FYI) and didn't give too much that year. Last year on the other hand about $127,000 was given to charity. Now, lots of small charities applied for some of this money and I'm sure some only received $1500, but I KNOW that the Area Agency on Aging received a LOT more than that.

If you want, I will find out exactly how many charities applied for the money last year.

I still hope that Ride N Boogie would work more in line with BBB. I admit I don't really know much about the event. But I've been given the impression this is being done against the event. But overall I think it's interesting to have both events here in the area. I'm hoping they can work together to bring in ever more people.

from the information that they emailed me yesterday, they seem to want to work with them, not against them to give people another thing to do while in town. I didn't get the impressiont that they were trying to work against anyone. But, you never know! :(

from the information that they emailed me yesterday, they seem to want to work with them, not against them to give people another thing to do while in town. I didn't get the impressiont that they were trying to work against anyone. But, you never know! :(

There a few reasons why Ride N Boogie is better than BBB mainly that BBB has gotten too expensive and restrictive to vendors. I'd compare those 2 to the War Eagle Crafts Fair and the Hillbilly Corner Crafts Fair... War Eagle (BBB) is more expensive and too crowded and Hillbilly Corner (RNB) is cheaper and more fun.

Archived