Bikes, Blues, & BBQ Festival

Mith242

There a few reasons why Ride N Boogie is better than BBB mainly that BBB has gotten too expensive and restrictive to vendors. I'd compare those 2 to the War Eagle Crafts Fair and the Hillbilly Corner Crafts Fair... War Eagle (BBB) is more expensive and too crowded and Hillbilly Corner (RNB) is cheaper and more fun.

i think I would have to agree with you....I can't wait to see what they have! I will be checking it out and big and rich is an added bonus!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to something I've read recently. BBB brought in around $900,000 for Fayetteville and $21 Mil for the state last year. Don't know if it will ever move up to being the top rally in the country but it certainly has moved up pretty far rather quickly.

According to something I've read recently. BBB brought in around $900,000 for Fayetteville and $21 Mil for the state last year. Don't know if it will ever move up to being the top rally in the country but it certainly has moved up pretty far rather quickly.

BBB is getting too big just like the War Eagle Crafts Fair. There's plenty of other Crafts Fairs to choose from that are just as good and cheaper and R&B will be a popular alternative to BBB so if BBB doesn't bring in as much money R&B will make up the difference. The nice thing about competition is it will make both events more popular without either being too expensive.

• 4 weeks later...

Bikes, Blues, and BBQ must be worried about this other event, I got an update from thier website today on my email and on the bottom of it it states that there is a for profit event going on in south Fayetteville that is not involved with them whatsoever.....sounds interesting.....from the advertising that I am hearing, the Ride-n-boogie thing is sounding like fun.....we have a month before we can find out.......

Bikes, Blues, and BBQ must be worried about this other event, I got an update from thier website today on my email and on the bottom of it it states that there is a for profit event going on in south Fayetteville that is not involved with them whatsoever.....sounds interesting.....from the advertising that I am hearing, the Ride-n-boogie thing is sounding like fun.....we have a month before we can find out.......

If I had to choose between the two I would go to Ride-n-Boogie... I mean come on they have an Elvis impersonator! I'm not even sure if I'm going or not though as I mostly just do family events.

I wonder how big Ride-n-Boogie will be in comparison to BB&BBQ. I still say that Bikes, Blues, and BBQ will attract plenty more.

Yeah I can't see them being able to make that big of a dent in BBB in their first year. Now down the road perhaps. I am getting a bit of a vibe that BBB isn't seen in the most positive light by some people. I'm not quite sure where that is coming from. Seems like a pretty nice event to me. I think it also helps get the message out about Fayetteville and NWA.

Yeah I can't see them being able to make that big of a dent in BBB in their first year. Now down the road perhaps. I am getting a bit of a vibe that BBB isn't seen in the most positive light by some people. I'm not quite sure where that is coming from. Seems like a pretty nice event to me. I think it also helps get the message out about Fayetteville and NWA.

BBB is one of the top Motorcycle events in the country. I think it had 300,000 in attendance last year. It's up there with Daytona Bike Week.

BBB is one of the top Motorcycle events in the country. I think it had 300,000 in attendance last year. It's up there with Daytona Bike Week.

Yeah it made it's way up near the top very quickly. I'm not sure where exactly it is. I think I've heard it mentioned that it's possibly in the top 5. Sturgis is still the really big one. Don't know if it will ever quite get that big.

I don't want to get anyone mad at me or anything but I would like to put out an alternative POV on Bikes Blues and BBQ. Let me start by saying I have ridden motorcycles for 36 years, owned a bike shop at one time, and have done prize-winning restorations. I still have three bikes in garage. I love bikes. Blues--I can take or leave. I really love BBQ. But I hate this event. All the loud pipes (those who have them will tell you how that saves lives) I find really irritating. I live in town by College and Wilson Park and honestly, if I could, I'd leave town during this thing. It may bring a lot of money into the area so I guess that's good but it's three days of very loud, very disturbing bikes, with a lot of not-so-good BBQ, and a lot of posers who are trying to look like badasses who then get hurt on bikes they spent $20-$40K on and ride about twenty miles a year. There are always injuries and fatalities from idiots who drink and ride. I honestly wish this thing occurred in Ft. Smith.

We had friends who rode down here from MO and stayed at our house last year and I am going to encourage them to stay home this year because I don't want to be here.

:w00t:

I don't want to get anyone mad at me or anything but I would like to put out an alternative POV on Bikes Blues and BBQ. Let me start by saying I have ridden motorcycles for 36 years, owned a bike shop at one time, and have done prize-winning restorations. I still have three bikes in garage. I love bikes. Blues--I can take or leave. I really love BBQ. But I hate this event. All the loud pipes (those who have them will tell you how that saves lives) I find really irritating. I live in town by College and Wilson Park and honestly, if I could, I'd leave town during this thing. It may bring a lot of money into the area so I guess that's good but it's three days of very loud, very disturbing bikes, with a lot of not-so-good BBQ, and a lot of posers who are trying to look like badasses who then get hurt on bikes they spent $20-$40K on and ride about twenty miles a year. There are always injuries and fatalities from idiots who drink and ride. I honestly wish this thing occurred in Ft. Smith.

We had friends who rode down here from MO and stayed at our house last year and I am going to encourage them to stay home this year because I don't want to be here.

:w00t:

What other kind of festival do you think Fayetteville could have?

I admit there are some problems with it. It does get rather loud. But I don't mind it so much because it does bring in a lot of money into the city. I suppose some people hate having the football games here because it causes a lot more traffic problems and such. One thing I'd also like to point out is that not all of these bikers are like Hell's Angels or anything. A lot of them are normal people. I know a lot of people had reservations about this when they first started it because they didn't want to attract 'those' type of people. I'm not sure if anyone sees it quite that way but I thought I'd throw it out there. Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can see how it can cause some problems to people.

What other kind of festival do you think Fayetteville could have?

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing other big festivals either. But as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't mind seeing us go after a number of things. Not just try to have one or two big festivals.

I admit there are some problems with it. It does get rather loud. But I don't mind it so much because it does bring in a lot of money into the city. I suppose some people hate having the football games here because it causes a lot more traffic problems and such. One thing I'd also like to point out is that not all of these bikers are like Hell's Angels or anything. A lot of them are normal people. I know a lot of people had reservations about this when they first started it because they didn't want to attract 'those' type of people. I'm not sure if anyone sees it quite that way but I thought I'd throw it out there.

They aren't like Hell's Angels at all. Most of them are typical middle aged, middle class people who want to seem like they are individualistic bad asses but in the process of trying to dress and look like one they look funny to me. BB&B is sort of like an early Halloween as far as I am concerned, 'cept there's no candy and there are a lot of loud noises everywhere.

i think it would be cool if we had a huge national car show, import, classic, and muscle car, but as for bb&q, my band is playing the 23rd at the Bikes BBQ and Metal, itll be awesome, and evryone should come, or else :D

That's cool, I'll probably be down there. What's your band's name?

i think it would be cool if we had a huge national car show, import, classic, and muscle car, but as for bb&q, my band is playing the 23rd at the Bikes BBQ and Metal, itll be awesome, and evryone should come, or else :D

That would be cool, edensfall! There are a lot of things we can do with our city.

I would like to see a bit of diversity in festivals as well.

Certainly would like to see a better Renaissance Festival, or Cultural Festivals.

For a 1st year the Northwest Arkansas Renaissance Festival will be on par with the rest of the 1st year Ren Faires starting this year. They're expecting 5,000 people attending this year and if more show up then next year's will be bigger. It takes at least 5 or 6 years for a Ren Faire to grow to where the Oklahoma Renaissance Festival is at. I'm not sure what they're attendance is, but they have a parking lot for 35,000 cars and they run for 4 or 5 weekends each year.

Some Renaissance Faires also run special events throughout the year like Scottish Games, Art Festival, Halloween and Christmas themed events. I really hope Fayetteville's Renaissance Faire does well. I want to get involved with this event because Ren Faires and medieval history are a passion of mine.

That's cool, I'll probably be down there. What's your band's name?

We are called Mourning After Massacre, we are a metalcore/ progressive death metal band with alot of different genre bending influences, we play mostly all age shows, and out of state all the time, we are currently discussing some business with different medium sized labels, but as i said we are metal, so not everyone likes it, but i asure you that if you come to a show, youll have alot of fun, check out our myspace for more info, www.myspace.com/mourningaftermassacre

As for the Bikes BBQ and Metal show during B.B.BBQ., It will feature National Touring Bands Including Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster, itll be really really fun.

We are called Mourning After Massacre, we are a metalcore/ progressive death metal band with alot of different genre bending influences, we play mostly all age shows, and out of state all the time, we are currently discussing some business with different medium sized labels, but as i said we are metal, so not everyone likes it, but i asure you that if you come to a show, youll have alot of fun, check out our myspace for more info, www.myspace.com/mourningaftermassacre

As for the Bikes BBQ and Metal show during B.B.BBQ., It will feature National Touring Bands Including Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster, itll be really really fun.

You guys sound pretty cool. I hope to see you guys at BBBBQ.

I've never been to BBBBQ and every year I hear more and more reasons not to go. I hope Fayetteville will support more family-friendly events like the Renaissance Festival, the Horse Festival, the County Fair, SpringFest and First Night. It shows a serious problem when a city's largest event doesn't cater to families, like many larger metros that have more family-oriented reputations.

I've never been to BBBBQ and every year I hear more and more reasons not to go. I hope Fayetteville will support more family-friendly events like the Renaissance Festival, the Horse Festival, the County Fair, SpringFest and First Night. It shows a serious problem when a city's largest event doesn't cater to families, like many larger metros that have more family-oriented reputations.

But keep in mind, Fayetteville, atleast southern Fayetteville, isnt a family area, except maybe the square, other than that it is still a college town, but i see tons of families go to BBBBQ every year, ive been going since i was a kid, and id always go to bike and car shows with my family when i was realy little and still do.

but i do agree with you, Fayetteville does need some more family friendly activities/ events.

BTW, not to get off subject, but have you noticed all of these national touring bands comming to our metro?

The radio has adds out all over the place, Young Joc, A platinum selling rapper, is comming to the springdale convention center tomorrow night, and tickets are 30 bucks, i hope all of this works out so we can keep getting exposure and a name for our selves as a tour friendly metro! :)

But keep in mind, Fayetteville, atleast southern Fayetteville, isnt a family area, except maybe the square, other than that it is still a college town, but i see tons of families go to BBBBQ every year, ive been going since i was a kid, and id always go to bike and car shows with my family when i was realy little and still do.

but i do agree with you, Fayetteville does need some more family friendly activities/ events.

Well south Fayetteville isn't too great for anything really right now. But I guess I don't consider the Square south Fayetteville. I consider it more around 6th St. It's a college town but I'd still say that the city overall isn't a bad place for a family.

Edensfall--this is a family area. We have the best public schools in the state and more than 60,000 people living here year-round. We outnumber the students but more than a three to one margin. Just look around at all the close-in neighborhoods where people own expensive homes. They aren't students! And try to get out in the Mission/Crossover area. There are tons of families out there in a very nice suburban area.

Anyway back to news about BBB. Sounds like more vendors have signed up than was expected. It's nice to see that this seems like it will be yet another success. Although I have heard complaints from last year that the big vendors are pushing out all the smaller more local ones. So I guess there should maybe be some concerns in this.

Archived