Bikes, Blues, & BBQ Festival

Mith242

How many go to Daytona for bike week?

The motorcycle thing is something I've never been able to get into.

Around 500,000. Sturgis beats it by about 20,000 or so every year.

I'm not much into Harley's or anything, but I do like Hayabusa's and Ninja's. I mainly go to BBB for the good Barbeque.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit I not real big into bikes but I still find all of this pretty interesting. I'm seriously thinking of going down there this weekend just to get some pics and see just how congested it might get. I'm also not sure how much bigger it can get. I'm not sure Fayetteville is set up to handle it getting much bigger than it is now especially 500,000.

Around 500,000. Sturgis beats it by about 20,000 or so every year.

I'm not much into Harley's or anything, but I do like Hayabusa's and Ninja's. I mainly go to BBB for the good Barbeque.

I like crotch rockets, too, as well as old bikes. I haven't found a lot of good BBQ down there--who do you suggest?

I like crotch rockets, too, as well as old bikes. I haven't found a lot of good BBQ down there--who do you suggest?

I haven't experiance BBB much but I also wondered about the Blues aspect as well. Seems like a lot of music that tends to be played isn't blues.

I admit I not real big into bikes but I still find all of this pretty interesting. I'm seriously thinking of going down there this weekend just to get some pics and see just how congested it might get. I'm also not sure how much bigger it can get. I'm not sure Fayetteville is set up to handle it getting much bigger than it is now especially 500,000.

They'll move some of the venue's across town, like to the Mall area, Randall Tyson Track Center, and possibily in south Fayetteville.

They'll move some of the venue's across town, like to the Mall area, Randall Tyson Track Center, and possibily in south Fayetteville.

True, but I wonder if this will really enhance the festival. I'm not sure splitting up like this will help overall in the long run. But hey it is possible and I could be barking up the wrong tree here on this. Although to be honest you pretty much have to do something like this because to try to locate all of this around Dickson just won't work.

KNWA mentioned that there are some vendors a bit worried about being moved away from Dickson. Although some of the vendors also mentioned they liked the fact of having more room and think word will get out and people will find out it's not all on Dickson or by the NWA Mall.

I was there wednesday night and was amazed at how many people were there on the first night. I love crotch rockets too, as well as custom choppers. I'm all about the speed, and I think a Yamaha YZF-R1 should do it for me. Hyabusa's are super sweet but are too long and bulky. They arnt even considered a sport bike. They are in the touring class, but if you want a bike that'll out run anything stock in the quarter, then the hyabusa is the way to go. Sorry, I have the need for speed haha.

Sounds like many of you will already seen it or be going out at some time this weekend. But I still hope to have some pics taken sometime Saturday. Maybe it's just my imagination but it seems like traffic in Fayetteville was pretty bad. Still trying to decide how to get down there tomorrow. I know I won't be able to drive down there. Driving even close to it might even be a problem. I could walk but that would be a bit of a walk and I'd like to also walk around a bit down there as well.

Sounds like many of you will already seen it or be going out at some time this weekend. But I still hope to have some pics taken sometime Saturday. Maybe it's just my imagination but it seems like traffic in Fayetteville was pretty bad. Still trying to decide how to get down there tomorrow. I know I won't be able to drive down there. Driving even close to it might even be a problem. I could walk but that would be a bit of a walk and I'd like to also walk around a bit down there as well.

Will Razorback Transit be running during BBB? You would think transportation would have been managed better by the city for an event of this magnitude.

Will Razorback Transit be running during BBB? You would think transportation would have been managed better by the city for an event of this magnitude.

Yeah it's still running. To be honest I'm trying to think if Razorback has a route that goes down Dickson. But I've seen their buses out even today. I imagine they'll be running tomorrow as well.

Yeah it's still running. To be honest I'm trying to think if Razorback has a route that goes down Dickson. But I've seen their buses out even today. I imagine they'll be running tomorrow as well.

Razorback Transit runs during Fayetteville's First Night and their route ran right in front of WAC. I'm not sure about BBB or the Mardi Gras events in Fayetteville because of Dickson Street being closed to traffic, but surely Razorback is a good option for you to get to Dickson tomorrow. I found this on the BBB website:

Shuttles provided by Hotel Executives Transportation will be running during Bikes Blues & BBQ between Dickson Street, the Tyson Track Center, the Square, Northwest Arkansas Mall, as well as the Clarion, Radison and Road Hog RV Park.

Check back soon for Shuttle Routes.

Check back soon? BBB is already running and there's no routes or schedules posted so I wonder if they just forgot about this or what.

EDIT: I checked more and the shuttles should be running every 15 minutes between the locations listed in that quote.

Razorback Transit runs during Fayetteville's First Night and their route ran right in front of WAC. I'm not sure about BBB or the Mardi Gras events in Fayetteville because of Dickson Street being closed to traffic, but surely Razorback is a good option for you to get to Dickson tomorrow. I found this on the BBB website:

Check back soon? BBB is already running and there's no routes or schedules posted so I wonder if they just forgot about this or what.

EDIT: I checked more and the shuttles should be running every 15 minutes between the locations listed in that quote.

Yeah sorry, I guess I could have mentioned that. They do have buses running quite frequently between those two sites.

I went down there thursday afternoon and later that night. I was amazed by some of the custom choppers I saw. Im a sportbike fan but I do appreciate a well built chopper.

I got a bunch of pictures and Ill try and post them up.

FYI - Edensfall, the new Ninja ZX-14 should outrun a Busa in the quarter mile stock for stock. These bikes are hella fast and are currently the most powerful bike on the market right now.

Here's a few pics from earlier today. I might post a few more later, I haven't decided how many to post. I will also point out that I pretty much never photoshop my pics. I have started adding a border and such to make it harder for people trying to rip my pics off. But I also will point out that I did have to edit one pic a bit because someone had a shirt that had something that might be questionable on here. Just to play it safe I decided to blank it out.

bbb01re4.jpg

bbb02kh8.jpg

bbb03qd6.jpg

bbb04ox1.jpg

bbb05lx9.jpg

Great pics Mith! I still think a watermark would be your best option to protect your pics because the border can just be cropped out. But, it will keep people from linking to your pics or just copy and pasting them.

Yeah I have thought of that. But I hate putting something actually on the picture itself. If you don't put it in the center then someone could just snip off a watermark placed on the side. And I just don't want to get to the point that I have to stick some huge watermark that ruins the look of the pic. I figured I'd just try to make it a little harder for someone to rip off any pics.

Yeah I have thought of that. But I hate putting something actually on the picture itself. If you don't put it in the center then someone could just snip off a watermark placed on the side. And I just don't want to get to the point that I have to stick some huge watermark that ruins the look of the pic. I figured I'd just try to make it a little harder for someone to rip off any pics.

That's understandable. I wonder how those websites do the gif pictures that if you copy it or try to save it to your harddrive it shows a blank 1k pic. Maybe you could save your pics in gif format but then you probably wouldn't be able to use anyof the free picture hosting websites. I would just hate to see someone else getting credit or even $$$ for your great work.

That's understandable. I wonder how those websites do the gif pictures that if you copy it or try to save it to your harddrive it shows a blank 1k pic. Maybe you could save your pics in gif format but then you probably wouldn't be able to use anyof the free picture hosting websites. I would just hate to see someone else getting credit or even $$$ for your great work.

I also resize them so they aren't as large and aren't as easy to do as much with them. Not to mention take up less space online. The biggest problem I've seen is people using pics on other sites similar to UP and taking credit for them. Although I've seen a few people here on UP do something similar. Sorta funny seeing someone posting pics all different sizes and different quality and trying to say he took all of them. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I hadn't mentioned this yet but apparently there's been some more backlash against the festival. Sounds like Mr Underwood set up something to let some people voice their disagreements about the festival. While I can see how it's a hindrance to places like Underwoods and to other people, I'm still a bit disappointed there are people who want the festival moved. I think having much of it on Dickson is what makes it the success it is. But at least I can understand people wanting to move it off of Dickson as to those who want the festival out of Fayetteville totally. Somebody suggested it get moved to Ft Smith. I still think it's a benefit and a good thing for Fayetteville. I mean what's next, people wanting to move the Razorback games to Little Rock? I don't get any personal benefit from having the games here. It certainly makes it harder for me to get about my city. But you don't hear me making comments like we need to move the football games out of here.

Archived