Tallahassee: Hiya people!

MyQueV

And what exactly is this "riverfront" idea? Is it similar to Jacksonville's waterfront area with shops, stores, etc . . . ?

Yeah... its a play on ideas with cascade park. We might be able to turn that area into a shopping district. Im still trying to think of what to do with the Waterworks building.

sorry, but this just doesnt work,, your intro in the middle of our projects, is kinda annoying....

... you're joking right? :huh:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mstan!

Hi Taurean! I've been visting the forums o about a month now and just catching up on the latest developments and all! I figured it was time to join in on the action and help you guys stay on top of things! The only news I got at the moment is concerning the Koger Center out on Apalachee Pkwy (which is where I work). CRT Properites were the former owners of the 850,000 SQ FT center which now is Colonial Properties Trust(Headquartered in Birmingham, Ala., Colonial Properties Trust is a diversified Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) that, through its subsidiaries, owns a portfolio of more than 100 multifamily, office and retail properties where you live, work and shop in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. Colonial Properties Trust performs development, acquisition, management, leasing and brokerage services for its portfolio and properties owned by third parties. Colonial Properties Trust has a total market capitalization of $2.8 billion as of December 31, 2002.

) who aquired CRT Properties. I talk to one of the Reps. of Colonial and they said they "Have big plans for us". I will try and find out more, but I know there have been rumors of some private companies moving into the center in the near future.

Welcome to Urban Planet. What an introduction... all of that good news. I'm glad you mention this. The other day I did a picture tour of Southwood, and then left Southwood going North on Capital Circle. Low and Behold, I look over to my left and see a Colonial Properties sign at the Kroger Center, and I thought to myself... don't they own malls. I know there is a Colonial Mall in Valdosta and Macon, GA. Thats good news. I'm wondering what their big plans entail for Tallahassee?

You'll see, I'm very dedicated to the forums here. I'm not on all of the time, but just about. Its pretty much my life whenever I can squeeze in a moment between school and work. I love talking about Tallahassee and meeting new people from this great place so I look forward to hearing more from you.

I'm wondering what their big plans entail for Tallahassee?

I think for the most part their plans at the moment are to bring the Koger Center into the 21st century and remodel some of the older buildings in the center and bring them up to class A office space. There is about 100,000 sq FT of vacant space split btw 6 buildings in the old center. The old or I should say first phase of the center was built back in the early 1970's, that included 14 out of the total 19 buildings. The second phase which is the part of the center that fronts CCSE was built from 1989-1991. The building I work in was built in 1990 and is home to FLDFS. I can say this, since Colonial took over, the janitorial services have been improved upon.

On a side note I can't wait until the construction starts on Segment 4 of CCSE! I will never get any work done gawking out the window to see the progress made each day!! :D

You'll see, I'm very dedicated to the forums here. I'm not on all of the time, but just about. Its pretty much my life whenever I can squeeze in a moment between school and work. I love talking about Tallahassee and meeting new people from this great place so I look forward to hearing more from you.

I do see that you are dedicated and I think you do an outstanding job! :thumbsup:

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to balancing btw school and work. You got some mighty fine time management skills to give it the effort you do!!

^Hi mstan

You might see me around here some. I'm not a resident and have not had too many ties to Tally except thrugh this forum,. but Iwill leave my opinions and making sarcastic remarks in the "Tally Sheet" here from time to time

If you're ever in the Atlanta or Georgia forums, drop by and say hello. I'm the TaureanJ of those forums (very dedicated to them in other words. I'm pretty much the father of the curent Atlanta forum.)

LOL! The TaureanJ of the Atlanta forum huh!? :D

I do see that you are dedicated and I think you do an outstanding job! :thumbsup:

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to balancing btw school and work. You got some mighty fine time management skills to give it the effort you do!!

Thank you. I'm at a loss for words. :cry:

:D

LOL! The TaureanJ of the Atlanta forum huh!? :D

About 1/5 of the posts there are mine. Would be more, but other forumers sometimes beat me to the info...not to mention the fact that it isn't s active as this forum.

you'll see me around from time to tie playfully trying to irk someone with my light sarcasm. :)

About 1/5 of the posts there are mine. Would be more, but other forumers sometimes beat me to the info...not to mention the fact that it isn't s active as this forum.

you'll see me around from time to tie playfully trying to irk someone with my light sarcasm. :)

I didn't realize I'd been recieveing sarcasm from you... I thought sarcasm was popular like 8 years ago... I didn't know people still did it. LOL :lol:

I didn't realize I'd been recieveing sarcasm from you... I thought sarcasm was popular like 8 years ago... I didn't know people still did it. LOL

[bLANK STARE @ Taurean] *sigh*

Alrighty, then...

Ahem. Well... I suppose now's a good time, if ever, to intro myself. Name's Dannie. Tallahassee native, born and raised (Tally sidddeeeee [throws up "T" fingers]!!!!), female, now reside in Grand Rapids, MI (which I don't know much about, so, pls don't ask :D), and I kinda sorta almost really know TaureanJ of this board. :thumbsup:

Anyhoo... I was a bit pressured to show you guys some lovey-love, so... here I be! [Kool-Aid grin; imagine]

Umm... let's see-- well, I uh-- look forward to contributing to this lovely webspace/blog, and it's nice meeting all of you cyber guys.

This internet connection is working a tad bit slower than slow, so... I will contribute more as the spirit leads. I will leave now, as I believe there is a bug on me... :unsure:

uNo.

[bLANK STARE @ Taurean] *sigh*

Alrighty, then...

Ahem. Well... I suppose now's a good time, if ever, to intro myself. Name's Dannie. Tallahassee native, born and raised (Tally sidddeeeee [throws up "T" fingers]!!!!), female, now reside in Grand Rapids, MI (which I don't know much about, so, pls don't ask), and I kinda sorta almost really know TaureanJ of this board. :thumbsup:

Anyhoo... I was a bit pressured to show you guys some lovey-love, so... here I be! [Kool-Aid grin; imagine]

Umm... let's see-- well, I uh-- look forward to contributing to this lovely webspace/blog, and it's nice meeting all of you cyber guys.

This internet connection is working a tad bit slower than slow, so... I will contribute more as the spirit leads. I will leave now, as I believe there is a bug on me... :unsure:

uNo.

Give it up for Dannie!! She's my best friend!!

:D

Archived